Huge potential for Bounty hunting/Slavery mods, My thoughts and hopes.

So starfield has huge untapped potential for Bounty hunting and slavery mods that just seems to be left unfinished!.

I've been play a lot and tested a few things but bounty hunting in game is currently simply an assassination mission, There is No capture alive option!.

But there could be if the skilled Modders do their thing.

How i would like it to work in an ideal mod.

Capturing / Enslaving:

EM weapons currently work and work well to incapacitate enemies I've had a few NPC's ko'd for several minutes using an em rifle.

We can have functional prisoner cells on board our ships for prisoner transport, My ship currently has a brig with 2 cells and a 3rd cell in an armory which would make for a good personal pet room.

So my thoughts and hope for a Bounty hunting / Slavery mod is this.

No need to mod in a KO function simply use a  EM rifle to incapacitate an Npc. (This function is already built into the game and works)

When Npc is down this could give you 2 options depending on how modders decide to handle it!.

when an npc is ko'd currently you can try to talk to them, (they say nothing currently as they are unconscious) or you can pickpocket them.

This would allow modder to either start a "capture" via dialogue or by placing an item on the npc via pick-pocketing.

Personally id like it to be the second option as the scene would play out Find target, Ko target, crouch down an place inhibitor on target, Target is now captured and will follow basic orders.

(Go there / follow me / get in)

the inhibitor could be either a fallout 4 type shock collar (model ported from fallout) or a neurochip which already has models in game. (The neurochip seems like its lore friendly except for the install method as the Ryujin questline seems to imply is typically done via an operation)

This would give Modders the identifier for slavery and bounty hunter missions turning the NPC into either slaves or captured bountys. (Both the same at this stage)

Bounty Hunting:

A bounty could then be ordered onto the ship and into a cell then flown to the issuing factions region ordered off the ship and told to follow player, player then walks to security station to hand over Bounty target to the faction that placed the bounty's police or security cells for trial and processing.

Player gets bounty reward and bounty npc is gone, Assume bounty was taken for trial and executed or imprisoned on a prison station somewhere.

Live capture bounty hunting is now a thing and player is now a real bounty hunter not an assassin!.

(modders could even make a prison station to house captured Bounty criminal Npc's)

Enslaving:

A player could enslave the NPC much the same as paradise halls mod from skyrim, An enslaved Npc would need to be trained.

Although they have an inhibitor to make them reasonably complaint and follow orders if an order goes to far a slave my attempt resist the inhibitor and refuse the order.

this could cause pain in the form of an electric shock lowering their resistance over time, The more stubborn and pain tolerant an npc the longer it would take!.

Think capturing a pirate verses a city socialite.

A pirate would be tougher to fully enslave then a city socialite as the pirate is used to being shot, stabbed and beaten being in the pirates faction and getting into fights and robbing people.

So a pirate would have a high pain tolerance and not easily afraid of someone.

However a city social lite is not used to pain as they have lived a lush pampered life in the city protected by security, They would resist the inhibitor less so as to not feel that new pain again.

Having a lower pain tolerance and becoming fearful easily.

this would give modders 3 levels of resistance to work with.

1. Tough= Pirates, bounty hunters, security  personnel and any other fighter type Npc. (Hard to get mindbroken not easily afraid, strong resistance and difficult to train)

2. Medium= List settlers. explorers. basically most non combat ship pilots and crew and neon city dwellers (somewhat used to dealing with spacers and pirates from time to time or have lived a tough life) {Base line mindbroken and average to train, so middle of the line stats wise}

3. Easy= big city dwellers (Not neon city) Paradiso visitors, sightseers. basically anyone used to spending money on private security or not getting into danger typically.

(Easy to train but easy to get mindbroken harder to capture because are in main citys or have security around mostly. easily gets afraid.)

I think of a typical first enslavemet or bounty capture like this.

Bounty / pirate= once captured you order them onto your ship and into a cell, they refuse get a shock, you order them again they submit slowly walking to the cell saying something like "when I escape I'll kill you" or "my Friends will come for me then you'll get it" signifying their reluctant compliance and there belief that they will escape from  either you or the prison.

Enslaved easy Npc = once captured you order into the cell they refuse and get the shock. They scream in pain, You order them again. They run to your ship or cell to avoid another shock.

They are more willing to do as they are told so they don't feel that pain again.

Training:

Training could be done by using electric shocks and dialog options as well as furniture items and sex. Much the same as paradise halls Mod from skyrim.

stats could be based on fear, Pleasure, loyalty, resistance and mindbreak.

A new slave would come in with low fear no pleasure, No loyalty, High resistance and no mindbreak for a tough slave.

Or High fear, no pleasure, no loyalty, low resistance and low mindbreak for an easy slave.

the more things you do to instill fear the more they gain in mindbreak and the less they gain in loyalty. (Electric shocks, forced sex, threats, beatings ect)

the more pleasurable the slaver makes things the more loyalty rises and mind break lowers.

Talking options would play the biggest part here as well as treats or alcohol and drugs, tending injury's a bed in their cell, better food that sort of thing.

Dialogue options would be good for this part as it would give the player a means to inspire loyalty and reduce fear.

Having a high manipulation and or persuasion skill would help train slaves faster through dialog and make them more susceptible to do things they my otherwise resist.

if we say each stat has a base cap of 100

a typical fresh caught tough slave could be some  thing like

fear 10/100 

Pleasure 0/100

loyalty 0/100

resistance 100/100

mindbreak 0/100

and a fresh caught easy slave would be something like

fear 40/100

pleasure 0/100

loyalty 0/100

resistance 60/100

mindbreak 10/100

resistance being the only stat going down over time and or due to the players actions all other raising in value depending on players actions.

If a slaver makes good use of dialog (manipulation / persuasion checks)  loyalty will rise and resistance will lower.

Treats, drugs and alcohol, good food and a bed in cell, could cause fear to lower as well as possibly mindbreak .

Convincing a slave to perform a sex act with out forcing them could raise pleasure and lower resistance.

once resistance reaches 0 the slave will no longer resist, considering sex acts as consensual willingly entering furniture and following orders without complaint .

if a player could keep fear low, Pleasure max, Loyality max, resistance zero and mindbreak low the slave would sell for the highest value.

a pet would lose all stats  once they hit mindbroken having zero in all stats except mindbreak from here a pets loyalty and pleasure stats would raise twice as fast easily.

adding a buff to pleasure and loyalty stats through sex acts to the slave to make them raise faster from the mind broken state.

(Well I'm no mathematician but i hope you can get the concept I'm putting out there.)

Trained slave types:

Different training methods could be used to get differently trained slaves.

Pets become addicted to sex and totally reliant on their master, They will follow any order their master gives them without thinking.

They aim to please the master enough to be rewarded with more sex.

Mindbreak a slave and use a lot of sex and kind actions to make a slave into a Pet. (Breaking and rebuilding)

A Pets biggest fears are another shock or their master no longer finding them sexually pleasing!.

A pet has the least sale value as they become bonded to 1 master but are totally loyal to that master and will never try to escape.

They tend to go into extreme depression when sold to a new master however making them unwanted by other slavers. (Better to train a pet yourself)

Making a slave use Furniture Pose items and a Lot of sex with out mind breaking them will make them into a Pleasure slave.

Happy to stand in the center of the room looking good with out moving or saying anything until someone wants to make use of them!.

They are well trained in pose so they are used to standing or sitting still for long periods and the sex gives them a welcome reason to move freely!.

well trained slaves in this class fetch a very good price on the blackmarket with the rich and wealthy corporate types and a good price with pirates and other spacers.

A Pleasure slave may still attempt to escape if an easy opportunity presents itself and they are not fully trained.

When fully trained they tend to enjoy their new life a little, Often finding it easier simpler and more fun then their old life.

(an npc could be added to every city as a blackmarket slaver to buy these slaves for the rich and wealthy offering a better price then pirates and spacers. Or the landing pad option could be used in your outpost)

Giving a slave a mining tool and making them mine ore in a cave or mine will make them a worker slave.

(Having a mining tool in their inventory when sold could potentially mark them as a worker slave, Or a new modded slave mining too that does no damage except to ore could be modded in)

worker slaves will typically try to run the first chance they get as they are not that well trained are not mind broken!.

worker slaves sell for a little bit more then a pet but a lot less then a pleasure slave.

Worker slaves are most often new slaves that a slaver could not be bothered trying to train themselves.

Often brought by mining company's in bulk to do high risk jobs that can be easily  kept off the company's books!.

Slavers Faction:

slaves could be brought and sold buy the spacers faction, pirates faction and eclipse faction. 

Spacers seem to be the perfect faction to make as the primary slavers faction rather then the pirates, They are already viewed in game as almost like the Reaver faction from firefly.

a new space station may have to be cloned or made and moved to a system close to the pirate faction. (Spacer slave den)

To act as a spacer slaver hideout / auction house / storage and start location for people who like playing as a slave or even escape from if captured by spacers.

Change the spacers core weapons to EM based weapons and give them a nero enslavement device to capture NPCs.

Change the Spacer script to install a enslavement device on a Ko'd Npc or the player to start player slavery quest lines.

Add in a new character traits in player creation as a slaver or a slave, Making you friendly at start of the game with pirates and Spacers.

This would come into effect after the intro quest or if possible it would be better to change the start location to the pirates base or a new spacers station.

Skipping the intro story and putting a small bounty on the player say 600-1k to start or making the player as a slave depending on the trait chosen.

Em weapons can already be brought anywhere and should be easy to add to the spacers arsenal replacing some of their current guns.

Brigs and a 2x2 armory hab that has a cell in it as well can be used for player slavers to transport bounty's and slaves.

So it would be a matter of making the Neurochips or collars to mark as Npc's or the player as slaves.

This item could be brought either from a pirate vendor, Spacer vendor on a new spacer station or a security firms vendor such as Ryjin industry's who make the neurochips.

Outposts:

for personal slaves and players who like playing as a slaver in their evil runs, New devices and buildings could be used in outposts.

Once you have a slave you want to keep and train you fly to your outpost and order the slave off your ship into the outpost.

(it may be possible to add a new trees in the outpost crew management tab for slavers crew and slaves to assign them to the outpost.)

Add items that can be built if part of the slaver faction like stockade, wooden horse or any other bondage furniture that you can assign a slave to to help break down their resistance.

(Other training methods could also be used)

also add a new outpost Prison cell hab or a small cell that can be placed in any Hab that can fit 1 or 2 people to keep slaves housed.

a new landing bay with a call spacer slaver Captain function could be used for a ship to land with a custom NPC who buys slaves you wish to sell from your outpost.

a special stand or bondage device could be used for this like the X pose frame marked as a slave auction stand. The slaver captain Npc walks from the ship to the stands with you following  makes an offer then leaves on the ship when the sale is done.

The more well trained the slave is the higher the price is he will pay.

Once sold slaves will leave the stand and follow the slaver captain npc back to the ship. the slave is then gone presumably taken to their new home or the spacers station.

With the mods I have seen in the past I know all of the above should be possible when the modding tools get released and a decent modder makes a go of it!.

the above I would consider the core of a well rounded Slavery / bounty hunting mod. and give other modders plenty of room to add to!.

new quest lines could be added to the spacer station by another modder by adding a new Npc easily enough.

Companion npcs cold be made by modders to act as outpost guards and fellow slavers, trainers and followers.

a trained loyal slave trait could be added to give the player a new slave follower if the player has the slaver trait as well. 

( Slaver trait, trained loyal slave trait and wanted trait the perfect 3 traits for a slaver)

A slave master trait could be added to give the player a slave master if they have taken the player slave trait.

{These 2 traits could have a name on the end for different companions.

i.e slave master Ken by one modder and slave master Domina by another modder. Both take up the same trait slot so can only have 1 at a time but both with different looks and quests, this also applys to the slave follower trait}

If you read all of that first up thanks for taking the time to read it, its a lot i know. I'm also dyslexic so it took a lot longer to write then it should have.

Secondly if you have any ideas of your own or even a thought or change that would make it better please post it below.

and finally if you are a modder thinking of making a slavery / bounty hunting mod please consider some of my ideas.

I don't have the skills to make the mod myself and I depend on the amazing work you modders do to get the skyrim and fallout and starfield I want to play!.

Beth always seem to leave things unfinished or missing.

TLDR: If making a slavery mod please consider using.

EM weapons for Ko'ing NPCs.

Neurochips or shock collars for marking captured/Enslaved Npcs.

Making Live bounty capture part of bounty missions. (Turn in live capture Bounty's to Security for bigger rewards)

Making use of current ship habs brigs. (Transportation of slaves/bounty's)

Using spacers as the Main slaver faction.

Adding a Spacer space station close to kyrix (Pirate system) to use as a Hideout/auction house/ player slave quest location.

Adding new character traits for slaver or slave. (Start as slaver or as a slave)

Adding a new prison station in a system somewhere in the center of the main city systems. (Not really necessary but could be useful)

Adding furniture for use by slaves at outposts. (training methods / Decoration / Auction stands) 

Making an outpost Brig hab or making a cell  to house a slaver or two that can go into any outpost Hab. (Furniture item)

Adding slaves and guards to outpost crew management tabs.

Adding a ship landing pad with a NPC who exits ship to buy slaves from outposts auction stands

Having different stats and resistances for the npc type By faction (Pirates harder to break the will of more then a soft city dweller)

Different slave types based of training.

Easily compatible with other mods!.

Adding onto this, Instead of placing a physical bounty on the player, I think it would be better to have the trait act similarly to the wanted trait, where as a slaver you might constantly be hunted down by liberators, and sometimes other slavers might assist you like with the bounty defenders, and have the opposite occur as an escaped slave where slavers are always on the hunt for you while liberators could jump in to defend you. 

I'm definitely excited to see where these types of mods go.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ryujin doodad could be used for capture as well. Scan a spacer, make them walk around to where you are, and drop an enslavement device and make them equip it.

Neurochip implants could possibly be done via an injector. Maybe advanced tech, maybe the chip is simpler than the projective neuroamp the player gets, and therefore doesn't require surgery to install. The mad scientist in me is also fine with needing a sickbay hand having to install the chip personally, via surgery. In fact I'd be fine with a series or surgical procedures :)