Need help ID'ing NPC for editing in GECK, and renaming too

panthercom

I'm trying to redesign many of the NPCs within the GECK to better suit my

tastes. The problem is that the ID number for the NPC that I can read within

the developer's console doesn't seem to translate to something I can search for within

the GECK; so when I'm trying to find the hideously ugly fiend bitch I wind up having

to go through dozens or maybe more than a hundred NPC's within the GECK

to locate her.

I would also like to rename a few characters to something other than 'fiend'.

Thanks

Guest carywinton

You cannot "rename" an NPC in the GECK without making an *.esp add on or plug in, that would be the wisest way to do it, just make a blank *.esp file in the GECK with just FalloutNV loaded. As to identifying the NPC and then finding them in the GECK, this can sometimes be a daunting task, especially if you plan to change allot of them. What you are seeing in game is a generated base ID not the Form ID, this is because each placement of each NPC is a new instance and therefore generates a unique ID for this instance. With the "Ugly" Fiend you refer to, I am assuming this is the one that you have to talk to when trying to get to Motor Runner and she is just after you enter the Vault, I found her to be as close to a drugged up psycho chick that I had ever seen, but I was using Mods  like Lings , etc. at the time so maybe she looked better than in the vanilla game.

Most of the generic Fiend NPC's are probably made from just a few CGPrests of each race, Look at those under NPC category and they should be mostly what you are looking for. You can actually search by NPC name in the GECK too, by using the "Filter" box at the top left hand side once you click on NPC category. So if they are a named NPC this helps allot. If they are not a named NPC and you want to know who they are, you can always open up the "area" they are in in the GECK and look for their instance there, this should give you the information of what they are based on, which is what you need.

I hope this helps you at least some. If can be of further assistance I will monitor this thread and try to respond to your questions as soon as I can.

Thanks for the reply; looking in the area with the GECK is a really

good idea. The Fiend in question looks like a Hispanic Jerry Seinfeld

in drag and she shows up in multiple locations - shudders-

I have created an ESP already for my mod; I can see a field in the GECK

character editor that contains the NPC's name, but no amount of un-checking

little boxes seems to open the field for editing. I basically took the 'More Fiends"

mod and have been reworking it.

Archived