Multigame character.

I sometimes make characters that persist between games (the dont do the main quest) and was wondering if anyone has some ideas or tips for this sort of character, mostly mods to better make the transition between games be it spells that are in one game but not another or content relates to other games.

15 hours ago, espguy said:

I sometimes make characters that persist between games (the dont do the main quest) and was wondering if anyone has some ideas or tips for this sort of character, mostly mods to better make the transition between games be it spells that are in one game but not another or content relates to other games.

Through WryeBash you can import a character's face from a save into another save. Naturally, you should have mods of these races in your download.

6 hours ago, TDA5 said:

Through WryeBash you can import a character's face from a save into another save. Naturally, you should have mods of these races in your download.

I meant recreate a morrowind character in oblivion or an oblivion character in skyrim.

17 hours ago, espguy said:

I meant recreate a morrowind character in oblivion or an oblivion character in skyrim.

I've never heard of this.
Keeping in mind that the geometric morphs for the face are different in these games, I think this is impossible.

6 hours ago, TDA5 said:

I've never heard of this.
Keeping in mind that the geometric morphs for the face are different in these games, I think this is impossible.

I didnt mean the appearance I meant roleplay as being the same character. I was mostly thinking about giving it the same skills and spells

Where is the problem? Do it.

Only problem: In Morrowind there the most spells and skills, there are fewer skills and spells in Oblivion and then in Skyrim. (The graphics are getting better and the system is getting simpler. In Elders Scrolls 9 we will only have 5 skills: Combat, stealth, social, sports, magic )

And in Skyrim you have skill trees, but this is unimportant for creating level 1 characters.

But if you use typical classes, birthsigns and skills you can create almost identical level 1 characters.

And roleplaying is 100% up to you.

And transferring a high-level character (after completing the main quests) from Morrowind to Oblivion and then to Skyrim is stupid. Even if you set the difficulty slider to maximum, you will easily kill every enemy in Oblivion and Skyrim.

I think as far as actual skills in the game, it would be very hard to do. You could definitely keep the same feel for the character (i.e., a thief, an assassin, an explorer of ancient ruins), but as far as what skills they use, it will be hard to transfer that from file to file.

As far as actually just doing it, it's great. I've done it. I played a character in Morrowind that then moved on to the Imperial Province in Oblivion. That's just a matter of staying true to your character and their motivations. One of my all-time favorite role-plays is the above-mentioned archeologist.

I love playing someone that goes and explores ruins. That's all they do. Find a ruin, explore it, map it out, face the dangers within, and come out with some trinket or artifact for a collection or museum. Works perfectly in Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim.

Now, if you want to be nit-picky, there's no way a character in Morrowind would be alive in Skyrim, but you could have some wizard that maybe did it. But that's neither here nor there.

• 2 weeks later...