[Mod][XCL] Pill Diagnostic Kiosk

[XCL] Pill Diagnostic Kiosk

Upgrade for BR Pill Mod - Enhanced kiosk detects what pill you've been spiked with, including side effects.

REQUIRESBadrabbit's BR Pill Mod

What it does: This is an upgrade for the portion of BR Pill Mod that handles informing the player of what kind of pill they've been spiked with. Mostly a graphical and audio upgrade, adding a kiosk to the X-Change Pharmacy that detects the pill you've been spiked with and your side effects.

Originally a part of my Spike Fun mod, I realized it can work simply as an addition for BR Pill Mod as well.

Installation:

• Make sure BR Pill Mod is installed. Also compatible with Wonka Shop.
  • Install both the TWEE and MEDIA (XCL) files.
  • Optional: XCL u666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk v004_patch4DrugFW adds support for the two drugs included in version 002 of my Drug Framework mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Loading the mods gives me this error.

Using mod loader 1.1.3

Loading and validating mod metadata

Applying enabled mods

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at life.xchange.compatibility.Checker.resolveLoadOrder(Checker.kt:168)
  at life.xchange.ModLoaderKt.loadMods(ModLoader.kt:350)
  at life.xchange.GUI$loadMods$1.invoke(GUI.kt:125)
  at life.xchange.GUI$loadMods$1.invoke(GUI.kt:124)
  at life.xchange.GUI$runWithConsole$1.invoke(GUI.kt:174)
  at life.xchange.GUI$runWithConsole$1.invoke(GUI.kt:170)

The mods-bug-reports channel of the official Discord may be able to help with this.

Edit: works with 1.1.2 loader.

Edited by Anfauglith
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 7:12 PM, Buffmutti said:

Not so funny: Modloader reports a conflict between this mod and BRPills. How do you install this mod then without that conflict?

You...don't? This mod is a direct replacement for the portion of BR Pills that handles identifying unknown pills in the pharmacy; that's its primary function.

The only way to not have that conflict is not to use the mod at all. (Well, that, or edit it to be completely independent of BR pills...)

I ran into a similar issue with a ton of conflicts between mods between yourself, BR, and a few other coders.

I think what Buffmutti is asking is "Is there a solution to the order or a different way you load the mods to make the conflict not happen, or a way to load the original file then add on the patch later so that the desired changes are made without getting a huge conflict list?"

Or is the long list of conflicts supposed to happen / unavoidable and the XCL Mod version of the game will work perfectly fine despite the conflicts?

Because usually when something "requires" something else to work, it doesn't auto readout errors just because both required files are present.

1 hour ago, Selai said:

I ran into a similar issue with a ton of conflicts between mods between yourself, BR, and a few other coders.

I think what Buffmutti is asking is "Is there a solution to the order or a different way you load the mods to make the conflict not happen, or a way to load the original file then add on the patch later so that the desired changes are made without getting a huge conflict list?"

Or is the long list of conflicts supposed to happen / unavoidable and the XCL Mod version of the game will work perfectly fine despite the conflicts?

Because usually when something "requires" something else to work, it doesn't auto readout errors just because both required files are present.

As most of my mods edit other mods, or are patches that edit multiple mods, they tend to overwrite passages in those files. Those are marked as conflicts in the mod loader, and there isn't anything I can do to change that.

I've tried to set the metadata properly in order to designate the mods as compatible, and specify the load order for them, but mod loader will still post the alert to let you know that they've been overwritten. It's confusing, but that's just how the current version of mod-loader works, I'm afraid.

• 1 month later...