Soon as I can start pulling models into blender, I'm gonna work on adding penoses and vagenes to everybody. Animation is something I don't have any experience with, but it's something I need to learn anyway, so I can try using this as practice.

There are creatures that mess with your head, some kind of visual and auditory hallucination; I died to one a few times in one of the starting planets. It shouldn't be too difficult to replace the files to include seductive whispers or moans. This could be a good way to prompt the player to surrender to the creature.

I wonder if this effect could be copied and added to custom creatures.

Edit: Terrormorphs! That's the creature I was thinking of.

Edited by KaiKolo
Spoiler

I have no idea how this works, but *Spoilers* if it does.

So here is my quick write up for how a Terrormorph "infestation" questline would go, and at least to my knowledge, everything I purpose here would be fully available in Starfield as other quests would have done something similar. Only the NSFW stuff (in any where to be added, it would be easy to have a SFW and NSFW versions)

The quest line would pick up in the Vanguard story arc, the quest to Londinium, and the final part of the quest, capturing the Terrormorph Anomoly. Midway through the fight, the Terrormorph mind control has the line "We just want to be friends", when this line triggers, it would spawn a non-combat NPC (IE NPC will not run or cower due to combat) at the back of the spaceport, this would be the "Start" of the infestation storyline. It would have Kaiser and the Doctor either turn Hostile, while the anomoly turns friendly, along with any mind controlled creatures, or in a simpler verson, the player is just "knocked out" transporting them to the Steam tunnels under Londinium, where large parts of the tunnels have been claimed by the *plants* (I forgot the ingame name of the Londinium plants) as well as Heatleeches and Terrormorphs.

The center of the hive will be the anomoly Terrormorph, where in a dialog tree, the player can either chose to resist the Terrormorph, allowing them a final chance to back out of the storyline by killing the Terrormorph, with Kaiser and the Doctor just being rendered unconcious. The other option fully puts the player into the Infestation line, with the Terrormorph fully asserting it's mental pull/Mental control over the player, and sending the player to "infest" a colony outpost with Pre-grown Terrormorphs as a test of it's control, or the players "loyalty". After that is complete The Anomoly would serve as a Mission Giver for the player, similar to the vanguard commander or Doctor (I know, I am so good with remembering names of people and things).

The Overarching Story would be that the Terrormorphs are becoming sentient, the Anomoly is the progenator, and seeks to spread Intellegent Terrormorphs among the stars, as being confined to Londinium presents the UC a way to eliminate, or at least contain, the intelligent Terrormorphs. However the Anomoly's abnormality has also given it a weakness, it's mind can not survive the stresses of Grav Jumps, it seeks two ways to circumvent this, by passing down it's linage in the form of Heatleeches spawn of it's genetic code, then exposed to either a natural grown, or synthetic version of the Londinium plants. Or to use the UC's Xenoweapons reseach to alter it's genetics to allow it to survive Grav Jumps mentally intact, both of which the UC has knowledge of, leading to the storylines main adversary, a reactivated Red Devils unit (Or an accelerated creation of the TMD(Terrormorph Management Unit)).

The conflict part of the storyline would center on raiding or infesting Outposts and colonies created by the TMD, which where set up to study ways to combat the Terrormorph infestations, as the *megafauna* (Again, terrible with names, insert name of creature that hunted Terrormorphs) idea didn't pan out, with Kaiser destroyed, the samples went along with him. The Microbial idea failed because there was not enough Terrormorph samples to properly target their genetic structure, and an explaination as to how you can have prespawned terrormorphs on planets during the questline is already provided by the Vanguard Story arc, they are simply Heatleeches that already morphed, called to the player by the anomoly acting through them.

The Climax and end of the arc would be the player delivering to the Anomoly the data on how it could change itself to survive Grav Drive travel, as well as the ability to grow and harvest the Londinium plant on other planets. Thet Anomoly would enter a state of suspended hibernation in the hive while it alters itself, while the player is sent to Mars to fight the TMD. The Player would enter the Mineshaft originally used to get to the Red Devils' HQ, only instead of Spacers, it's UC troops (or similarly dressed and named "UC troops" to stop the player from getting a 1 million credit bounty). Though on Mars, as nobody has made the Heatleech/Terrormorph connection, the Heatleech infestation has gotten worse, allowing the player to spend cultivated *Londinium Plant* pollen to morph more Terrormorph followers as they advance through the Mine Shaft. The arc ends with the Anomoly escaping the confines of Londinium and joining the player on their assault of the Red Devils' HQ, infesting the Structure and Mineshaft as a new Terrormorph hive, while controlled UC Scientists tell the board that the Terrormorph threat has been contained on Londinium.

I am well aware of the Start > ? >? > ? > profit bit here, but I am not a coder or modder, and this was more just an plan that I came up with after half an hour fiddling around with the idea. The main point I would make with the whole rundown is to avoid the plot important areas, IE New Atlantis, Akira city, Neon, ect, so the mod would only interact with the Vanguard questline, and even that could be removed, just have the player land in Londinium to start the line if you really want it free of any vanilla stuff. I just felt that the Vanguard questline would be the most organic way to introduce the player to the Infestation arc, as all the information on Terrormorphs would be known and fresh in the player's mind, it would also give the player opportunities to back out without changing anything really. The other locations would have to be created, but they could be placed in static systems that don't change or move, or added to the jumble that do, and at least to my knowledge, all systems I presented are already present in-game, the split Quest choices in the Crimson Fleet questline, attacking random outpost in the bounty board quests, and the Vanguard questline provides everything else, mind control, non-combat NPCs, characters and locations.

So, overall throughts? Should i try to refine it as more info becomes avaible, or just keep my mouth shut because I talk too much?

So here is my quick write up for how a Terrormorph "infestation" questline would go, and at least to my knowledge, everything I purpose here would be fully available in Starfield as other quests would have done something similar. Only the NSFW stuff (in any where to be added, it would be easy to have a SFW and NSFW versions)

Edited by soldier847
No idea how spoilers tab works
  • 8 months later...