Girls of Skyrim (Followers) - Change Hair's?

Guest TitanNeos

Guest TitanNeos

Hello :)

I trying for a few hours to change the hair of the girls but without success. I have already tried the NPC Editor and the

Creation Kit. With the editor the girls have a brown ugly face and with the CK she have a brown face and wrong hairs

(default Skyrim hair). The Girls have Apachii Hairs and i will give her SG Hairs..

Is it even possible to change the hair and if so, how?
Maybe a step by step "guide" with the Creation Kit?

I have this problem with some custom followers mods. Most of them are fine but I think some are using some sort of hard codding of their appearance which is more tied than it looks and this is causing the glitches when you try to alter their appearance. I am not an expert so the reason can be different though.

Hello :)

I trying for a few hours to change the hair of the girls but without success. I have already tried the NPC Editor and the

Creation Kit. With the editor the girls have a brown ugly face and with the CK she have a brown face and wrong hairs

(default Skyrim hair). The Girls have Apachii Hairs and i will give her SG Hairs..

Is it even possible to change the hair and if so, how?

Maybe a step by step "guide" with the Creation Kit?

For the brown or black face issue....

In the Creation Kit, after changing the hair or do any modification in the character editor window, close and save it by click OK button. Then click/highlight the name of that character in the actor list and hit Ctrl+F4 in the keyboard, it will export the face. Then save the esp.

This should not be forgotten every time you did a modification on the face. Remember Ctrl+F4 in the actor list, not in the character editor window.

You can highlight multiple names at once and hit Ctrl+F4 to export it together.

PS: It works too for the Girls of Skyrim. I changed mine.

For adding the hair using the CK just open the Girls of Skyrim.esp set as active file and mark the SG Hair.esp as well. I would recommend using the SGHair All in Two.esp found in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21443-new-mystical-retexalt-esp-sg-hair-pack-220-edition/.

Now you can search the girls under Actors, open them and navigate to the Character Gen Parts tab. Highlight the current hair in the Base Head Parts list and select the new hairstyle from the drop down menu below, using the full preview could be helpfull, the head only preview is not working well for many hair mods. After changing the hair simply close the window by clicking Ok and follow the steps for exporting the FaceGenData

As long as you did not change any make-up you should overwrite the newly created texture files in textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Girls of Skyrim.esp (?, maybe, i don´t have installed the mod) with the original texture files that came with the mod. Especially when you are using HiRes makeup or warpaints the CK creates discoloured files due to it´s limitation to 256x256 texture files.

Guest TitanNeos

Did not work -.-

1. First i load Michelle.esp(and set as active), SGHairPackBase.esm, SGHairPack01,02,03,04,05,06

2. Actors -> aaaMichelle -> Double click -> Character Gen Parts -> Base Head Parts -> Hair -> 00HairFemaleSGpg121001

3. Click OK

4. I mark aaaMichelle in actorslist and press Ctrl + F4

5. File -> Save

6. Exit CK

7. Overwrite the face textures with the original textures

8. Start NMM and launch Skyrim

9. Michelle has a brown face and wrong hair (HairFemaleNord04(def))

Hmm, i might have missed one more or less important part *g* The CK cannot handle esp files as a master correctly, possibly i already esmified SG Hair 220 AllinTwo.esp in the past so it works for me. To do so, open Wrye Bash, right-click the esp you need, in my case SG Hair 220 AllinTwo.esp, and select esmify(?), "esmifizieren" in the German version of Wrye Bash. Now the esp file can be used as a master for your modiefied Michelle.esp.

Archived