Thinking about trying Fallout 3 or fallout NewVegas

• katrina.balanchuk changed the title to Thinking about trying Fallout 3 or fallout NewVegas

> Hello Fallout' lover.? Dubbing, graphics, plot, dynamics and mechanics of game, etc. ~ Games differ from each other in various aspects, so it is hard to indicate which is better. Just like types of firearms, they have their pros and cons.? 

To be claer, I don't mind a discussion with a familiar topic here, just.. Wouldn't it be easier for you to make a choice by watching some Fallout 3 and NV' videos on YouTube for comparision, or.. reading reviews on other websites?? (e.g. this one.?)  And.. What you meant by "play more a social game in the spirit of this website"?? Thank you in advance for your reply.?

Personally, I was more impressed by Fallout 3 than NV.? I feel satisfied with third part of game and made add-ons and numerous mods for it. The world of Fo3 looks much harsher than the candy one of Fo4, in my opinion. If you like to fight enemy factions, sympathize with ghouls and rescue a slaves from the hands of mutants and raiders - Then you have your answer.?  

Spoiler

> There is a lot of cool mods for Fallout 3 on the Nexus and LL. Here's some of my fave:

1. Project Beauty
  2. Groovatron
  3. Quo Vagis 
  4. Rebuild the Capital - A Brotherhood of Steel Expansion Mod
  5. The Chryslus Bar and Grill
Spoiler

> Additionally, I'm sharing with you a list of plugins actived in my game.?

fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CrossModData.esm
Sharing and Caring Companions.esm
Rebuild the Capitol.esm
BelthansQuoVagis.esm
Project Beauty.esm
Lings.esm
Animy_prostitution.esm
RRCompanionVault.esm
RR5MoreFemales.esm
Sydney Follower.esp
LoneWandererBrooke.esm
berniecompanion.esm
CompanionMercedes.esm
jasmine.esp
K2_RaiderDolls.esm
AmyWong.esm
aRezBootyBay.esp
JessiCompanion.esm
sexout.esm
BrokenSteel2.esp
BQV2DLC.esp
SOFO3_40sec.esp
MoreMapMarkers.esp
Crimson And Clover Over and Over.esp
SexoutSex.esp
Follower Amata ULTIMATE.esp
Playthings.esp
APAddon.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
susanfollow.esp
Lara Croft.esp
ApateXGirls.esp
RecieveTenpennySuite.esp
T6M Female Power Armor.esp
Sexy_Nurse_TYPE3.esp
Overhead3PCamera.esp
Project Sydney_AK.esp
DIM CUSTOM PRESETS V1.3WEB.esp
Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
Type6 Combat Uniform.esp
1PipboyPDA.esp
LightSaberMod.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
AmyWong - Load Order Fix.esp
LucyWestCompanion.esp
K2_PlayWearClub.esp
UseableToilets.esp
KelseyCompanion.esp
AmyWong - FOSE.esp
Level50BrokenSteel.esp
StockingsPack.esp
UrgeRivetCityBridgeFix.esp
Weapon - Some Katanas.esp
VTHideout.esp
jonasclothesnonrplcr.esp
HyperNurseOutfitForFo3.esp
LoneWandererBrookeBody.esp
T6M Lingerie.esp
JessiQuovagisCrossover.esp
The Groovatron.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
Greta & Carol.esp
stella.esp
Daisy.esp
BEWAREGirls.esp
JinxLings.esp
Kirina_Shilo_2.esp
Jinx.esp
ShakeAss.esp
Asia.esp
Sheva.esp
Marie Rose.esp
ShevaFo3.esp
BernieOverhaul.esp
BlueJacket.esp
Jane Shepard Fo3.esp
Jill Valentine Race.esp

P.S.
Some of mods are made by me so you won't find them on any websites.

> By the way.. You have very cute kittens in your avatar.❤️ My heart grows at the sight of them!?

Edited by smartfon
9 hours ago, kinghelseth said:

Honestly, probably New Vegas, but if you download Tale of Two Wastelands, you can do both.

It seems to me that perhaps New Vegas has more potential as a social playthrough and seems to have a few more mods out both on Nexus and LL.

I shudder to think of all the work needed to make it erotic (I remember spending dozens of hours to get things to work on FO4 of course i am a lot more experienced now but still..)

26 minutes ago, smartfon said:

> Hello Fallout' lover.? Dubbing, graphics, plot, dynamics and mechanics of game, etc. ~ Games differ from each other in various aspects, so it is hard to indicate which is better. Just like types of firearms, they have their pros and cons.? 

To be claer, I don't mind a discussion with a familiar topic here, just.. Wouldn't it be easier for you to make a choice by watching some Fallout 3 and NV' videos on YouTube for comparision, or.. reading reviews on other websites?? (e.g. this one.?)  And.. What you meant by "play more a social game in the spirit of this website"?? Thank you in advance for your reply.?

Personally, I was more impressed by Fallout 3 than NV.? I feel satisfied with third part of game and made add-ons and numerous mods for it. The world of Fo3 looks much harsher than the candy one of Fo4, in my opinion. If you like to fight enemy factions, sympathize with ghouls and rescue a slaves from the hands of mutants and raiders - Then you have your answer.?  

Hide contents

> There is a lot of cool mods for Fallout 3 on the Nexus and LL. Here's some of my fave:

1. Project Beauty
  2. Groovatron
  3. Quo Vagis 
  4. Rebuild the Capital - A Brotherhood of Steel Expansion Mod
  5. The Chryslus Bar and Grill
  Hide contents

> Additionally, I'm sharing with you a list of plugins actived in my game.?

fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CrossModData.esm
Sharing and Caring Companions.esm
Rebuild the Capitol.esm
BelthansQuoVagis.esm
Project Beauty.esm
Lings.esm
Animy_prostitution.esm
RRCompanionVault.esm
RR5MoreFemales.esm
Sydney Follower.esp
LoneWandererBrooke.esm
berniecompanion.esm
CompanionMercedes.esm
jasmine.esp
K2_RaiderDolls.esm
AmyWong.esm
aRezBootyBay.esp
JessiCompanion.esm
sexout.esm
BrokenSteel2.esp
BQV2DLC.esp
SOFO3_40sec.esp
MoreMapMarkers.esp
Crimson And Clover Over and Over.esp
SexoutSex.esp
Follower Amata ULTIMATE.esp
Playthings.esp
APAddon.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
susanfollow.esp
Lara Croft.esp
ApateXGirls.esp
RecieveTenpennySuite.esp
T6M Female Power Armor.esp
Sexy_Nurse_TYPE3.esp
Overhead3PCamera.esp
Project Sydney_AK.esp
DIM CUSTOM PRESETS V1.3WEB.esp
Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
Type6 Combat Uniform.esp
1PipboyPDA.esp
LightSaberMod.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
AmyWong - Load Order Fix.esp
LucyWestCompanion.esp
K2_PlayWearClub.esp
UseableToilets.esp
KelseyCompanion.esp
AmyWong - FOSE.esp
Level50BrokenSteel.esp
StockingsPack.esp
UrgeRivetCityBridgeFix.esp
Weapon - Some Katanas.esp
VTHideout.esp
jonasclothesnonrplcr.esp
HyperNurseOutfitForFo3.esp
LoneWandererBrookeBody.esp
T6M Lingerie.esp
JessiQuovagisCrossover.esp
The Groovatron.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
Greta & Carol.esp
stella.esp
Daisy.esp
BEWAREGirls.esp
JinxLings.esp
Kirina_Shilo_2.esp
Jinx.esp
ShakeAss.esp
Asia.esp
Sheva.esp
Marie Rose.esp
ShevaFo3.esp
BernieOverhaul.esp
BlueJacket.esp
Jane Shepard Fo3.esp
Jill Valentine Race.esp

P.S.
Some of mods are made by me so you won't find them on any websites.

> By the way.. You have very cute kittens in your avatar.❤️ My heart grows at the sight of them!?

Thank you s much for the detailed answer. :)

For me I am not looking to rescue folks or be  ahero in my playthrough but as a female player look for realism that I am not a violent hero type but wish to spend time in settlements socially. And i dislike killing.

So Id like to truy whichever game allows me to mod it so I do not focus on fighting enemy factions.

Maybe get harassed or even sex captured due to my beauty , wear many different sexy outfits, try the wild erotic mods on here.

All in all not looking to play as a hero but as one of the little people that the hero usully passes by and enjoy the artificial youth re-given to me in this world, as a social experience.

I also usually try to make the character look as I did when I was back in college ( a long time ago, now I am invisible to men, but back then I got the attention of men very easily and this is how I want to be in these worlds.)

PS: I do not get access to your images in imgur but saw your mods list in spoiler window. thank you

Edited by katrina.balanchuk

Glad to help you a bit.? I take no pleasure of killing, too.  However, there is not always the opportunity to get out of a difficult situation by sneaking.? To put it bluntly, Fallout 3 is not a game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution where it's possible to neutralize opponents with melee atack or putting them to sleep with a special bullet / dart shooted from rifle. Hard arguments seems to be inherent part of this game. It's an action RPG' game whose plot forces the player to clash with the Enclave so she can complete the tasks leading to the final stage. This isn't any consolation, but you might be happy to know that during the travel, protagonist gets option with merciful dialogues.? Well, there is also a way to disabling enemies using the command "disable" in the game console. Personally it seems to me a ridiculous solution.?

Sorry, but our expectations about mods are differ. Yours one are a bit scary to me / not to my taste.

Don't worry. In the western part of Wasteland there is a cave, where the settlers will remind you of the charms of youthful years. 

Your actions will affect whether the inhabitants of wasteland will see you as a heroine, villain, or neutral character. 

An attractiveness of woman is not limited only to her external beauty. There are things that cannot be seen with the eye.?✍️?;?‍?; etc.

Imgur was a temporary storage for my works. In fact, I don't remember what kind of content I uploaded there.
Let me know if you have any questions about these mods. Ciao!?

Edited by smartfon
12 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

It seems to me that perhaps New Vegas has more potential as a social playthrough and seems to have a few more mods out both on Nexus and LL.

I shudder to think of all the work needed to make it erotic (I remember spending dozens of hours to get things to work on FO4 of course i am a lot more experienced now but still..)

So the cool thing about Tale of Two Wastelands is that you can use mods for New Vegas in Fallout 3.

All of the outfits and mods that are available for NV you can put into FO3.

To be honest, it isn't hard, it just takes a long time to do it. I did it for my Fallout 3 game, and it worked fine. There are a few bugs with the adult mods, but you can still do it. If you don't want TTW, then I would recommend just doing NV, because there are more mods out there for that game.

If you want to do TTW, let me know and I can help you if you would like, or there are a lot of guides online on how to install it. But I would recommend TTW so you can enjoy the NV in FO3.

FO3 seems more tied to main quest is the impression I get.

perhaps more combat gates to go through?

In New Vegas there is  a giant semi-civilized city to be in so it seems more suitable for a non hero social playthrough in the erotic spirit of this website.

I have played neither so I am just going by tidbits I picked up on locations/plot.

2 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

FO3 seems more tied to main quest is the impression I get.

perhaps more combat gates to go through?

In New Vegas there is  a giant semi-civilized city to be in so it seems more suitable for a non hero social playthrough in the erotic spirit of this website.

I have played neither so I am just going by tidbits I picked up on locations/plot.

New Vegas (the city) is definitely a place where you could role play more, but even in FO3 there are places where you could do that.

I think I would try either NV or TTW, from what I can tell that would suit you best. And again, TTW really adds a lot of game play options, so consider it at the very least.

In my current game, I am still in FO3 and the DC Wasteland, so I can't really say how good it is in NV.

Again, feel free to DM me if you want help modding the game. It took me a long time to get it working, but I got it working.

There's a mod called Tale of Two Wastelands that turns Fallout 3's data into something that can be run by New Vegas, effectively letting you play both games with the same character.

Most of the mods for Fallout 3 kinghelseth mentioned have TTW versions. Additionally, there is the TTW Overhaul mod, but I don't know how compatible it is with the current version of TTW.

The big thing NV has over Fallout 3 is there's no real sex framework for Fallout 3. New Vegas has Sexout. And here's a link to a list of Sexout mods.

There a ton of options for mods that should cater to whatever kinds of sex you want your character to have.

14 hours ago, kinghelseth said:

Again, feel free to DM me if you want help modding the game. It took me a long time to get it working, but I got it working.

I may do that.

I remember how much work it was on FO4 to learn to about these things and to get AAF working prperly.

I undderstand the Fo3/ FO LV equivalent is sexout?

Are FO3 and Fo LV on the same engine to same scripts work on them?

5 hours ago, Loogie said:

There's a mod called Tale of Two Wastelands that turns Fallout 3's data into something that can be run by New Vegas, effectively letting you play both games with the same character.

Most of the mods for Fallout 3 kinghelseth mentioned have TTW versions. Additionally, there is the TTW Overhaul mod, but I don't know how compatible it is with the current version of TTW.

The big thing NV has over Fallout 3 is there's no real sex framework for Fallout 3. New Vegas has Sexout. And here's a link to a list of Sexout mods.

There a ton of options for mods that should cater to whatever kinds of sex you want your character to have.

thank you :)

1 hour ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Are FO3 and Fo LV on the same engine to same scripts work on them?

Yes, so that's what Tale of Two Wastelands does. They are technically not on the same exact version of the engine, so you can't mix and match, but TTW converts FO3 into the NV version of the engine, so that you can use NV mods in FO3.

Some FO3 mods work in TTW, but not all.

All NV mods work in TTW. Or if not all, then almost all.

• 3 months later...

I've played a few thousand hours of "Fallout 3" and "Fallout NV"... although for ME NV is the much better title in terms of content.

Since I also know the original games "Fallout 1" and "Fallout 2" - the encounter with the super mutant "Marcus" is of course one of the highlights of NV.

Overall, the original Fallout series was always characterized by this - not taking itself completely seriously... that kind of humor can be found in NV - and for me it makes it the best part of the entire game series.

Still the highlight for me... the DLC with the science station in the crater... "old world blues" with the floating brains - a whole universe of references to the "crazy mad scientist"... best SFi tradition

Mods? Yes - but usually just armor and weapons... plus a "hidden" underground bunker as a player house... I've never needed any additional content or companions.

I didn't know anything about sex mods... I didn't even know about this website.

But would I install a sex framework? ... No - I think it's unnecessary in both games (in my opinion) - even after such a long playing time.