Oniki Kay’s Kinky World build 426 - LoversLab Edition (Updated 2024-05-14)

14 minutes ago, Laslolaslo said:

Thanks, I’ve tried that. I’ve changed it from 20 to whole numbers like 5 and even decimals like 0.15 and 0.05, but nothing seems to change.  Appreciate the response, though.

Yeah it might not be working as intended. Not sure if anyone else has tried changing it and had success with it.

22 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

You don't need to mess with the packages again if you start a new save. If there's another KW update, 425 for example, you'll just install it on top of the old one like you did with 424.

It's the field near the bottom that says kWooHooLTRgain. Change the value between the quotes from 20 to whatever. I've tried setting it to 0, but it didn't actually seem to make a difference for me, so you'll have to let me know if it does anything for you.

21 hours ago, Laslolaslo said:

Thanks, I’ve tried that. I’ve changed it from 20 to whole numbers like 5 and even decimals like 0.15 and 0.05, but nothing seems to change.  Appreciate the response, though.

I have mine set to "2", and it has definitely seemed to slow down the LTR gain for me. It still seems pretty fast, but my sim has woohooed twice with the butler, and started out with a relationship of 0. While they became friends after the first time, they definitely weren't super best friends like they would be without changing it. Even after the 2nd time, I think their relationship is around 50 right now.

It may or may not make a difference, but I have the tuning package in my overrides folder, instead of in the same folder as the KW packages. I *think* that conflicting resources are processed by the game based on priority and load order. If you have two package files in the same location, they will have the same priority, and the game will choose the resource to use based on the order the files appear in the folder, alphabetically. If you have files in a folder that has a higher priority (like the overrides folders), then the higher priority packages will be used to resolve conflicts. The priority values are defined in "Resource.cfg" files. You should have one in the "Mods" folder, and you can have individual files in sub-folders, that will override the settings for that folder (and any subfolders of it).

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

I have mine set to "2", and it has definitely seemed to slow down the LTR gain for me. It still seems pretty fast, but my sim has woohooed twice with the butler, and started out with a relationship of 0. While they became friends after the first time, they definitely weren't super best friends like they would be without changing it. Even after the 2nd time, I think their relationship is around 50 right now.

It may or may not make a difference, but I have the tuning package in my overrides folder, instead of in the same folder as the KW packages. I *think* that conflicting resources are processed by the game based on priority and load order. If you have two package files in the same location, they will have the same priority, and the game will choose the resource to use based on the order the files appear in the folder, alphabetically. If you have files in a folder that has a higher priority (like the overrides folders), then the higher priority packages will be used to resolve conflicts. The priority values are defined in "Resource.cfg" files. You should have one in the "Mods" folder, and you can have individual files in sub-folders, that will override the settings for that folder (and any subfolders of it).

I'll have to do more testing in my game. The fact that the comment for the field says "Base LTR gain" seems to indicate that it's not the total value. I was hoping to disable LTR gain entirely, but I guess there's other factors in play. It's possible that the relationship between the 2 sims was already too high for me to notice any sort of reduction.

I don't think it matters if it's in overrides or not because it's not overriding any resources in other files.

Edited by Omicr0n
On 4/18/2024 at 10:14 PM, anton557 said:

Put an earphone in ear and learn skills.

Ah, of course, its called Listen to Tabcast in the English version, anyway I use this all the time without any issues, my best guess would be you have something else installed causing the problem.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:25 AM, Omicr0n said:

Anyone know what effect the Manual setting for Condom Usage has on NPCs? Do they continue to automatically use condoms, or does it disable it for them? I'd like condom use to be automatic for NPC-NPC, but manual if my active sim is involved.

Only Auto and Disabled is used, I don't know why there is a 3rd option.

5 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

I'll have to do more testing in my game. The fact that the comment for the field says "Base LTR gain" seems to indicate that it's not the total value. I was hoping to disable LTR gain entirely, but I guess there's other factors in play. It's possible that the relationship between the 2 sims was already too high for me to notice any sort of reduction.

I don't think it matters if it's in overrides or not because it's not overriding any resources in other files.

Base gain means it can be modified by game mechanics like Traits, Charisma challenges etc.

Regarding the red colored error messages that have been posted here, I have added these messages to indicate that something went wrong, in the original build, WooHoo would just have ended without anybody being the wiser.

The message "Can't change Stage. NextStage is : YYYYY, stage is : XXXXX" is a last check performed before starting the next stage, it indicates that something went wrong when loading the animations for stage YYYYY since the current stage is still XXXXX, there may be more information in the log files or script error files.

I will be adding more checks and error messages to try and shed some light on the reason for the load failures.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Denton47 said:

Only Auto and Disabled is used, I don't know why there is a 3rd option.

The Manual setting does have an effect when my active sim is involved. It shows a popup asking if I want to use condoms if either of the sims has some in their inventory. It's unclear to me what happens if it's 2 NPCs though.

15 minutes ago, Denton47 said:

Base gain means it can be modified by game mechanics like Traits, Charisma challenges etc.

Thanks for the info. I figured the LTR gain was being entirely controlled by KW. I didn't realize that standard game mechanics were still having an effect.

Edited by Omicr0n
On 5/3/2024 at 3:44 PM, FreakyRufus said:

Putting it in the overrides folder worked for me. It still climbs quickly, but now my hookers aren’t best friends with everyone in town.

Build 425:
+[Fixed]: KWBedSleep single Sim exception.
+[Fixed]: KWBedSleep Shemale-Shemale category selection.
+[Fixed]: Kraken attack offset and changed FeedbackTalking to a global announce.
+[Fixed]: Autonomous KWCastSpell.
+[Added]: KWMaid as service.
+[Added]: Sim PostLoadFixup OutfitManager Unlock (if busy).
+[Added]: Nude body mesh selector for individual Sims.
+[Added]: Support for MedBod 1.9 by JoshQ.
+[Added]: Russian translations by anton557.
+[Added]: German translations by Clydie.

I have added the KWMaid as a service, the KWMaid will do the regular Maid service and take care of any horny Sims on the lot.

I have added code that will unlock the Sim OutfitManager when loading a game, hopefully this will solve problems with Sims being unable to change outfits.

I have added a new WW style body selector where you can assign non-default nude body meshes to individual Sims.

You will need to create and register an XML resource that contain the details, ONIKI_KinkyMod.package contains a template called BodyDefault, it also contains the definitions for MedBod 1.9 by JoshQ as an example.

The body selector resource has an option called <FullUndress>, when set to True, KW will ensure that upper and lower body are always undressed at the same time, this is to avoid weird looking misalignment if the Sim has CAS parts equipped that are not compatible with the custom mesh.

The Medieval body works best on medium sized Sims and up, it is not included in KW, you will need to download and install the non-default version by JoshQ.

Medbod 1.9

Medbod 1.9 clothing pack

The new version has several changes to the core outfit system, while I have done a lot of testing it is still possible this can "mess up" your Sims, so if you are using an existing save make sure to make a backup or use Save As before using build 425.

14 hours ago, emoboyy2k said:

may you add something so we can change the shortcuts? the Q and E keys are also used for moving the position of the camera😞

This has been discussed on previous pages in this thread. Not sure who made this; just put it in C:\Users\name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\OverridesONIKI_KinkyMod.no_keys.package

There is a small bug in 425, when you start a new game and enable KW for the first time the default body selector is not loaded, you need to Save and Quit and load the game again.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aoikiki said:

I'm not sure but I think the newer builds of KW has broken the ability for sims to use the toilet. There is a separate thread about this:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/225270-my-sims-refuse-to-use-toilet-when-i-enable-kinky-world/

Has anyone else been experiencing this with KW? Even my townies can't use the bathroom anymore :(

This isn't a universal issue or you'd see way more complaints about it. I haven't personally experienced this with the toilets. Are you using NRaas GoHere? There seems to be some kind of issue with the latest version of it that causes routing problems in some people's games. You could try downgrading to an earlier version which has worked for some people including myself when sims in my game were unable to find their way to their beds.

Edited by Omicr0n
On 5/7/2024 at 9:56 PM, Denton47 said:

There is a small bug in 425, when you start a new game and enable KW for the first time the default body selector is not loaded, you need to Save and Quit and load the game again.

Turns out importing settings from a previous build clears the package list but the body selectors are still loaded, again Save/Quit/Load fixes the issue.

20 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

This isn't a universal issue or you'd see way more complaints about it. I haven't personally experienced this with the toilets. Are you using NRaas GoHere? There seems to be some kind of issue with the latest version of it that causes routing problems in some people's games. You could try downgrading to an earlier version which has worked for some people including myself when sims in my game were unable to find their way to their beds.

Happy to say that i've fixed it! My derp self forgot to install the original KW mod before patching to 425.
Reinstalled KW original then replaced with 425 and all is well in my game. 😃

Not sure if related to this build, but:

When I play without Into the Future, I sometimes get a red error message about Dip Kiss.

The Dip Kiss seems to be part of Into the Future. I suspect a mod lacks a check whether ItF is installed, possibly KW. Might even be an EA feature, but I don't think I've seen this often.

(I'll just turn the EP on for my current savegame as a workaround, just thought I'd mention it because there's talk about red errors on the previous pages ...)

On 5/4/2024 at 8:56 AM, Omicr0n said:

The Manual setting does have an effect when my active sim is involved. It shows a popup asking if I want to use condoms if either of the sims has some in their inventory. It's unclear to me what happens if it's 2 NPCs though.

Thanks for the info. I figured the LTR gain was being entirely controlled by KW. I didn't realize that standard game mechanics were still having an effect.

You are right there is a fallback if not set to Auto, the question dialog will only popup if one of the involved Sims is selectable, otherwise CoinFlip() is used to determine use.

I found another PostWooHoo mechanic which also adds LTR, anyway in the next build I have added a menu setting to enable/disable LTR gain from WooHoo.

On 5/10/2024 at 12:09 AM, Yotix said:

Not sure if related to this build, but:

When I play without Into the Future, I sometimes get a red error message about Dip Kiss.

The Dip Kiss seems to be part of Into the Future. I suspect a mod lacks a check whether ItF is installed, possibly KW. Might even be an EA feature, but I don't think I've seen this often.

(I'll just turn the EP on for my current savegame as a workaround, just thought I'd mention it because there's talk about red errors on the previous pages ...)

What error message do you get ?

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 7:47 AM, Denton47 said:

What error message do you get ?

If I remember right it was something like "Interaction Not Found - Dip Kiss", and I had an ErrorTrap log about the KW social system "null value where a value was required" (though it didn't mention dip kiss so I was not sure it's related).

I've just loaded my save without ItF active and will let you know the exact text if I get it again (it seemed fairly rare...). EDIT: Playing my save without ItF crashed my PC when ingame time reached 6am. Will maybe try again later. 

EDIT: Trying again, new save in a different town. Did not get the error again yet. I suppose the repro might be something risky like 1 start game with Into the Future, save KW settings etc, 2 disable ItF, 3 continue playing that save.

Edited by Yotix

Build 426:
+[Modified]: Logging system to reduce number of generated logs.
+[Added]: More information to running WooHoo tooltip.
+[Added]: Setting to enable/disable LTR gain from WooHoo.
+[Added]: Setting to enable/disable Alcohol for teens.
+[Added]: Improved/missing english text descriptions by Mary Jane.
+[Added]: Kinky Trait improvements by Mary Jane.

I have added a large amount of improved game texts and missing game texts by Mary Jane, hope you all like them, Mary Jane has also updated the Kinky Traits.

I have changed the logging system, there are now three type of log files, KWStartup is generated when KW starts and contains a "health report" of your current save game, if any errors have been recorded, a log file named KWErrorLog will be generated containing the errors, if you encounter any missing localized texts a log file named KW_Localization can also be generated (currently disabled).

This is going to be the last from me for a little while as I have some other projects I need to attend to, as usual I have uploaded the source code if someone else wants to continue development.