[commission request] Peeing/watersports mod request

Hey ya'll. Couldn't really find anything on commissions, so i figured i'd ask to see. Dunno if there's anyone that would take the commission, would do it for this content, or whatever. If there's no one for it then consider this the idle ramblings of some piss obsessed madman. Though i am willing to spend the big bucks on a mod like this.

I'd want to commission a mod around peeing/desperation, only for girls i suppose, if it works for males too that's fine, but that ain't me.

I'd consider essential elements to be

• bladder gauge/some other bladder mechanic. ideally but not necessarily influenced by drinks.
  • Desperation idle animations, like holding crotch, fidgeting, etc.
  • couple of different peeing poses, based off of if she's wetting herself, or relieving (difference as well for with/without clothing)
  • animation of peeing itself

and then nice to haves

• embarrassment/relief animations/expression
  • chance to pee self if hit with an attack while bladder is full
  • Anything else to interact with the pee. npcs, enemies, anything really.

And that's all i'd want. I'm not into pee drinking, degradation, watersports during sex, whatever. if in the case someone actually wants to do this, but i'd only pay for the aspects i mentioned.

Sorry if this isn't the right way to ask for this sorta thing. anyone have any questions or anything then give a holler.

11 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

Can you add golden showers to the mix too?

Eh, i'm not really into it. if in the unlikely case someone wants to take the commission, i'm not gonna complain about any extra mechanics, but i'm not really into golden showers, so I wouldn't chuck much money at that mechanic.

• 1 month later...

I really want this aswell. Note. I am not a coder. So I can't make it. I just really want a watersports mod. Maybe it has configs or settings you can edit when you make a new character so that the watersports is only what you are into. But you can edit it to be different so like if you want to you can pin an npc down and then pee in their face while they are pinned under you. 

On 7/24/2023 at 11:53 PM, Maniack14 said:

Hey ya'll. Couldn't really find anything on commissions, so i figured i'd ask to see. Dunno if there's anyone that would take the commission, would do it for this content, or whatever. If there's no one for it then consider this the idle ramblings of some piss obsessed madman. Though i am willing to spend the big bucks on a mod like this.

I'd want to commission a mod around peeing/desperation, only for girls i suppose, if it works for males too that's fine, but that ain't me.

I'd consider essential elements to be

• bladder gauge/some other bladder mechanic. ideally but not necessarily influenced by drinks.
  • Desperation idle animations, like holding crotch, fidgeting, etc.
  • couple of different peeing poses, based off of if she's wetting herself, or relieving (difference as well for with/without clothing)
  • animation of peeing itself

and then nice to haves

• embarrassment/relief animations/expression
  • chance to pee self if hit with an attack while bladder is full
  • Anything else to interact with the pee. npcs, enemies, anything really.

And that's all i'd want. I'm not into pee drinking, degradation, watersports during sex, whatever. if in the case someone actually wants to do this, but i'd only pay for the aspects i mentioned.

Sorry if this isn't the right way to ask for this sorta thing. anyone have any questions or anything then give a holler.

Hey Gang! 

Hope everyone is doing well, I’m one of the people on the very surface edges who helps one of the devs for sexbound. 

I was hoping to help out here in terms of helping you all shape this commission as well as the scale of what you’re asking. So this isn’t going to be the sexiest of posts - but it’s gonna help you organise your request better. 

For those who are looking for a “water sports” mod - I recommend you start a new thread so that the devs can track the interest of this so that they can keep it in mind for future development! 

For now; we’ll just keep to the request above.

So, first of all; it’s super important like any project or commission to have a budget in mind and ideally be able to articulate that budget. This way, perspective parties can see whether or not it’s worth their time. Think of it kind of like how on a job listing you’d like to know how much you’d be paid. 

The more you can break down your budget the more interest you’re likely to get. 

Secondly; you need to understand the scale of what you’re asking. 

This is both an animation, design and coding project. 

Animation: 

You’d be looking for:

- Fidgeting (that would need to be defined more granularly. Do you mean leg squeezing? Face being contorted. Hopping from one door to another?)

- Peeing poses would be a minimum of 3 ( before, during and after) 

And all of this for all races. Right now I think that’s about 8. 

As a rough maths that is approximately  6 (animations) x 7 (races)

So that’s approximately 42 animations. Just in a very small pool (no pun intended) of animations. 

Design: 

UI elements:

- Gauge bar would need to be designed

- General access UI would need to be designed in order to access the mod. 
- Sprites for each race (8) would need to be designed for the different layers of wetting themselves.

So, as per our maths earlier 42 different sprites so that they can be animated. 

You would also need an idea of how you would like the mod to look like. For example did you have a gauge bar in mind that you already like the look of? How would you like that bar to be filled? Do you want it tinted from Green where there is no risk to peeing to Red which is about to burst? 

These are all questions and things you would need to work with a designer on. 

Developer

The role of the developer in this is to act as the glue which puts all of these things together. However, there are things to consider in terms of developer work. 

- How do you want this supported? 
- How long do you want the project supported for? 
- What is the cost of long term support and optimisation? 
- When you talk about peeing in terms of attacking; what threshold do you want that to engage at? 
- Do you want to have any other auxiliary effects like chance to slip on a slippy floor where someone has just peed? 

Planning 

If it wasn’t painfully obvious already, I come from a project management background and where all these things come into play. 

So here are the things you need to consider since you’ll be planning this yourself and not hiring a PM (I assume):

- What are your time expectations

- How big do you want the teams to be 

- What are their previous projects 

-  Do you have examples of work you’d like them to focus on?

- Do you have expectations for if this needs to be work that you’ll need to get legal paperwork for? For example; who owns all the work at the end of the day? How will the mod be distributed? Will it be for private or public use? If you’re commissioning people; do you need to consider any accountancy on your side or are you happy to just pay and that the work will get done? Do you want to work with individuals or a seperate coding production place? 

There is also a mathematical principal when it comes to working out how long something will take. That is: 

A project's duration = overall task time estimation (E) + E*risk buffer + E*time eaters. So, if a project's overall task time estimation is 7,200 hours, the total project duration will be: 7,200 + 7,200*0.25 + 7,200*0.20 = 10,440 hours.

Financing

Talking money is always tricky, and as I mentioned at the top of this. Having a budget is key. And you have to be able to pay everyone for the work that is done. 

I never recommend anyone to be paid less than minimum wage in their country. For example; let’s go with $17 per hour in the USA. 

All of that means a lot of hours for a lot of work! 

If it’s a 200 hours by 17 that’s $3,400 USD per person which is $10,200 for a team of three. 

You also need to consider how that is going to be paid and through what method. Keeping in mind some countries have different payment options than others. 

Phew! I know that was a lot to take in; but I hope you take the time to go through it and then if you can put together a more robust project proposal I’m sure more people will be able to gauge their interest better. 

40 minutes ago, DefinatelyNotSpec said:

Hey Gang! 

Hope everyone is doing well, I’m one of the people on the very surface edges who helps one of the devs for sexbound. 

I was hoping to help out here in terms of helping you all shape this commission as well as the scale of what you’re asking. So this isn’t going to be the sexiest of posts - but it’s gonna help you organise your request better. 

For those who are looking for a “water sports” mod - I recommend you start a new thread so that the devs can track the interest of this so that they can keep it in mind for future development! 

For now; we’ll just keep to the request above.

So, first of all; it’s super important like any project or commission to have a budget in mind and ideally be able to articulate that budget. This way, perspective parties can see whether or not it’s worth their time. Think of it kind of like how on a job listing you’d like to know how much you’d be paid. 

The more you can break down your budget the more interest you’re likely to get. 

Secondly; you need to understand the scale of what you’re asking. 

This is both an animation, design and coding project. 

Animation: 

You’d be looking for:

- Fidgeting (that would need to be defined more granularly. Do you mean leg squeezing? Face being contorted. Hopping from one door to another?)

- Peeing poses would be a minimum of 3 ( before, during and after) 

And all of this for all races. Right now I think that’s about 8. 

As a rough maths that is approximately  6 (animations) x 7 (races)

So that’s approximately 42 animations. Just in a very small pool (no pun intended) of animations. 

Design: 

UI elements:

- Gauge bar would need to be designed

- General access UI would need to be designed in order to access the mod. 
- Sprites for each race (8) would need to be designed for the different layers of wetting themselves.

So, as per our maths earlier 42 different sprites so that they can be animated. 

You would also need an idea of how you would like the mod to look like. For example did you have a gauge bar in mind that you already like the look of? How would you like that bar to be filled? Do you want it tinted from Green where there is no risk to peeing to Red which is about to burst? 

These are all questions and things you would need to work with a designer on. 

Developer

The role of the developer in this is to act as the glue which puts all of these things together. However, there are things to consider in terms of developer work. 

- How do you want this supported? 
- How long do you want the project supported for? 
- What is the cost of long term support and optimisation? 
- When you talk about peeing in terms of attacking; what threshold do you want that to engage at? 
- Do you want to have any other auxiliary effects like chance to slip on a slippy floor where someone has just peed? 

Planning 

If it wasn’t painfully obvious already, I come from a project management background and where all these things come into play. 

So here are the things you need to consider since you’ll be planning this yourself and not hiring a PM (I assume):

- What are your time expectations

- How big do you want the teams to be 

- What are their previous projects 

-  Do you have examples of work you’d like them to focus on?

- Do you have expectations for if this needs to be work that you’ll need to get legal paperwork for? For example; who owns all the work at the end of the day? How will the mod be distributed? Will it be for private or public use? If you’re commissioning people; do you need to consider any accountancy on your side or are you happy to just pay and that the work will get done? Do you want to work with individuals or a seperate coding production place? 

There is also a mathematical principal when it comes to working out how long something will take. That is: 

A project's duration = overall task time estimation (E) + E*risk buffer + E*time eaters. So, if a project's overall task time estimation is 7,200 hours, the total project duration will be: 7,200 + 7,200*0.25 + 7,200*0.20 = 10,440 hours.

Financing

Talking money is always tricky, and as I mentioned at the top of this. Having a budget is key. And you have to be able to pay everyone for the work that is done. 

I never recommend anyone to be paid less than minimum wage in their country. For example; let’s go with $17 per hour in the USA. 

All of that means a lot of hours for a lot of work! 

If it’s a 200 hours by 17 that’s $3,400 USD per person which is $10,200 for a team of three. 

You also need to consider how that is going to be paid and through what method. Keeping in mind some countries have different payment options than others. 

Phew! I know that was a lot to take in; but I hope you take the time to go through it and then if you can put together a more robust project proposal I’m sure more people will be able to gauge their interest better. 

A good writeup! I'll admit i am not the most knowledgeable on the necessities of coding, how easy it would be to implement these things. The reason why I had left the offer without details of money is due to that, and without knowing the ins and outs of mod making for a game like Starbound. I've seen some games where people could slap together a decently good mod of the sort or similar for a short day or two of work. At the same point i was nervous of giving a number, someone being able to do it in an hour or two of work, overspending for my goal.  And in my (limited and of different scope) experience in commissioning mods, most were just as this, posting somewhere "hey! i want this done!" and then someone would message me to get it done. Given, those were mostly minor texture works.

Though i also understand someone's hesitance to get into a project without knowing how much they're paid. I had hoped the way it would happen would be the same way i've gotten many art commissions. Either finding someone that posted something saying "I WILL DO THIS for X AMOUNT OF MONEY", or i ask them "hey, can you do this" and they say " sure, it costs $XXX, take it or leave it". Though again, commissioning mods is a much different animal than commissioning art, as I've learned in my quest for video game urination.

Also whether that's just my inability to properly google, or look through this site, i hadn't found any particular commission requests with which to form a project proposal from, the only mention of project proposals i found was yours! I question a little bit the complexity you mention needed to do some parts of the mod in a few parts (again though, this is from my absolutely limited knowledge of not only coding, but modding starbound in general, so i could very well be completely wrong.), but overall i very much agree with and understand the points you made,

But all that to say: I don't think i have the knowledge, experience, nor knowledge of how to GET that knowledge to make a project proposal for something of that sort, at least right now. I know i can reasonably shell at least $500 a month without complaints, but more than that as far as what exactly is needed, i dunno.

So i might put together a better proposal, but i feel like in order for me to do that i'd either need a lot more knowledge, or someone to help me through the proposal. If only i went to college for coding and not engineering. whoops.

That’s more than fine! This wasn’t meant to be a like “you did a bad job” post at all; more just the things that everyone on all sides need to consider when making a pitch. 

I’d absolutely be happy to help you put something together if you wanted to in order to make this a robust proposal. 

As you can appreciate, a lot of the things are hard to get a gauge on how long they may take if there aren’t boundaries around what that is. 

And that’s for all parties involved! 

As you know, no two mods are the same and no two projects are the same. So for instance it might take someone 2 days to create something because they already have the assets, code and the time to do it. 

When you’re looking at a bigger scope of project - that’ll naturally involve more people.

But there is absolutely nothing to say that you can’t take it step by step and take other/ cheaper ways of making it work. 

For example; you could be happy with a standard bar and standard UI layout that is either default or not customised so that is gonna save both time and money. 

So there is always room for finding ways, the biggest part being of things that I find from being a PM is actually being able to to “this is a priority” “this is not a priority” “I’m happy with a standard blocky UI” “I want something more custom”.

The best and worst part is getting those dependence’s mapped and understanding where they are priority wise. 

Lemme provide some insider insight.

General bladder mechanic:

One hook into the UI config to add a bar, easily copy'n'paste-able from the existing UI bars. One hook into the player config to define the bladder resource. Overriding the core UI script to update the UI bar. Estimated best case workload of 1 hour. Best case as in "This is Lua, and Starbound. A 5 minute task can easily turn into a 5h bug hunt". Making the bladder fill would require hooking into every single food item, or atleast relevant food item (fluids), in the game to add the secondary effect of not only restoring hunger, but filling the bladder. Extra work if it's a gradual mechanic and not a "consume -> value fills by x" mechanic. That's a couple hours. Also, because of the hook to the UI config and the core UI script, high likelyhood of native incompatibility with any other UI mod out there.

Idle animations:

Since you specified that you are "not a fan of watersports during sex", I assume you want this whole mechanic to be standalone and not tied to Sexbound. In which case - idle animations are near impossible. If it's a player only mechanic one could try and use modern StarExtension features to temporarily override the spritesheet of the player, otherwise you'd need a hard dependency with any of the commonly available mods that sacrifice your FPS and your firstborn child for custom animations on the entity. Then, of course, there is the spritework. Following standard Sexbound standards, let's say 5 frames per animation. That would be 5 frames per species per variance of idle animation, probably times 2 for both genders. Also keep in mind that usually around here, the lack of artists with free time is the biggest problem halting most projects.

Peeing poses:

The math on this one is easy. 5 frames per species per gender per pose. Clothing is a whole different story, the same amount of frames is needed per item supported. So you might wanna limit this very strictly. This can easily be implemented as a Sexbound thing, because otherwise you need to write the entire Sexbound system again, or maybe copy what TTPP is doing. Either way, that would be weeks if not month's of development time. If it's a sexbound thing, then the only thing needed is a manual trigger for it. In it's simplest form that'd be an item, so one hour of work and a sprite for the item.

Animation:

Since I have no information on this, I can't tell you anything about it. Easiest case just copy Sexbound's particles and color them yellow. Add one liquid to the game that's piss. Done. An hour or two.

30 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Lemme provide some insider insight.

General bladder mechanic:

One hook into the UI config to add a bar, easily copy'n'paste-able from the existing UI bars. One hook into the player config to define the bladder resource. Overriding the core UI script to update the UI bar. Estimated best case workload of 1 hour. Best case as in "This is Lua, and Starbound. A 5 minute task can easily turn into a 5h bug hunt". Making the bladder fill would require hooking into every single food item, or atleast relevant food item (fluids), in the game to add the secondary effect of not only restoring hunger, but filling the bladder. Extra work if it's a gradual mechanic and not a "consume -> value fills by x" mechanic. That's a couple hours. Also, because of the hook to the UI config and the core UI script, high likelyhood of native incompatibility with any other UI mod out there.

Idle animations:

Since you specified that you are "not a fan of watersports during sex", I assume you want this whole mechanic to be standalone and not tied to Sexbound. In which case - idle animations are near impossible. If it's a player only mechanic one could try and use modern StarExtension features to temporarily override the spritesheet of the player, otherwise you'd need a hard dependency with any of the commonly available mods that sacrifice your FPS and your firstborn child for custom animations on the entity. Then, of course, there is the spritework. Following standard Sexbound standards, let's say 5 frames per animation. That would be 5 frames per species per variance of idle animation, probably times 2 for both genders. Also keep in mind that usually around here, the lack of artists with free time is the biggest problem halting most projects.

Peeing poses:

The math on this one is easy. 5 frames per species per gender per pose. Clothing is a whole different story, the same amount of frames is needed per item supported. So you might wanna limit this very strictly. This can easily be implemented as a Sexbound thing, because otherwise you need to write the entire Sexbound system again, or maybe copy what TTPP is doing. Either way, that would be weeks if not month's of development time. If it's a sexbound thing, then the only thing needed is a manual trigger for it. In it's simplest form that'd be an item, so one hour of work and a sprite for the item.

Animation:

Since I have no information on this, I can't tell you anything about it. Easiest case just copy Sexbound's particles and color them yellow. Add one liquid to the game that's piss. Done. An hour or two.

Ah yes, the unfortunate truth of reality slapping me in the face :(

(which is to say, thank you very much for your input and information)

Some comments/refinements based on what info was given

Bladder Mechanic:

I suppose that's understandable. maybe to simplify it'd just be a "drink x drink to fill bladder", and maybe only have a few widely available ones do so to make that simpler, if needed. Don't know if maybe a simpler way to do it instead of having a gauge to increase compatability would be have a multi-step status instead of a bar? like, some symbol pretty much says "have to pee" "really has to pee" "is about to pee self". each one caused by the drinking of the specific fluids. again, dunno if that'd be easier, but would do that.

Idle Animations

As far as separation from sexbound, I wouldn't really say that's a necessity, i just want the peeing to be done irrespective of sex, but if tying it in to a system like that would make thing easier, i have nothing against it. And at least for my wants, we could chop off the need for half of the genders, as i'd at least only want female. might be able to just chop that to 1 idle animation (need to pee) to also reduce that. to be selfish i could also keep it to only a few races or something.

Peeing poses:

I'd think clothing would only really change liquid rather than pose itself to keep it simple. while it'd be nice to have different poses based on type of clothing, i'm understanding the expanding scope would horrendously increase both time and money required. :(

Animation: 

I'm all for cannibalizing when needed, i haven't paid too much attention at sexbound particles (cause i'm not really a fan of sex), but if that looks appropriately like pee, i'm all for it.

From what you say, what seems like might be an easier method to implement this (though unfortunately partially squashing my dreams of pee). tie it in with sexbound, have a drink that makes someone desperate to pee, have either another use of the drink (or a different one) then cause the character to pee. one idle animation for desperation, two poses for peeing (cause i would want standing/squatting pee), and two animations of the pee itself, based on if peeing clothes or not.

Not to count of course the trouble of finding someone both to code, and as you said the limitation of finding an artist. It's hard enough finding artists willing to draw pee just for art commissions, i can't imagine how much harder it'd be to find one willing to do that for a very niche porn mod on a relatively niche game.

smh, why can't i just give someone 5 bucks, half a big mac, and a warm sprite in order to get a new game made solely based on girls peeing themselves? the world is unfair, not based, and cringe.

Anyhow, thank you again for the extremely valuable input!

I'd appreciate if male characters also had some. (And for a Hermaphrodite gender to be available which could just be a toggle and whatever gender you choose for the character is the gender that their body most looks like without seeing the genitals. Just a suggestion. ^_^)