(BETA) Dealer's Choice - Devious Followers Addon

2 hours ago, H Bof said:

I' trying to use the matte black dress from Elle's Maid Outfit 3BA

Maybe try '0x000818'  instead of 'FE000818'?

If '0x' is a placeholder for the mod index then maybe it doesn't matter whether it's an .esp or an .esl? That's all I can think of.

If that doesn't work ... and if it should work ... did you type in the name of the .esp or did you copy the name and paste it into Notepad++? I don't know if it's still the case but there used to be an issue with Notepad++ if you copied something outside of Notepad++ and pasted it directly into Notepad++. You had to either type the info or use Notepad++'s Search and Replace tool. You would highlight what you wanted to replace, open the replace tool, paste the new text into the 'replace with' field, and hit the 'Replace' button. What you may have to do is copy the .json file from the archive and replace what's live in your directory and redo your changes. Now that's all I got.

9 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Maybe try '0x000818'  instead of 'FE000818'?

If '0x' is a placeholder for the mod index then maybe it doesn't matter whether it's an .esp or an .esl? That's all I can think of.

If that doesn't work ... and if it should work ... did you type in the name of the .esp or did you copy the name and paste it into Notepad++? I don't know if it's still the case but there used to be an issue with Notepad++ if you copied something outside of Notepad++ and pasted it directly into Notepad++. You had to either type the info or use Notepad++'s Search and Replace tool. You would highlight what you wanted to replace, open the replace tool, paste the new text into the 'replace with' field, and hit the 'Replace' button. What you may have to do is copy the .json file from the archive and replace what's live in your directory and redo your changes. Now that's all I got.

0x didn't work either :/ I also noticed that [ELLE] in the esp is all caps so I corrected that with no luck either. I've tried using FE, 0x, and no two character index and none of them have worked so far. I'll give the replace tool you mentioned a try cause I just manually typed the esp into notepad. It also seems that the default apachii maid outfit isn't recognized by the mod either but maybe that's because I'm using the 3BA SMP version I'm not sure.

Edit: I can confirm that the default outfit is also not being registered for some reason. I made sure I was wearing this outfit and my follower is still saying I'm not wearing it.

Spoiler

image.png.af69e43d42f86161ed9bb72457ca29ef.png

Edited by H Bof

@H Bof, sorry that didn't work. I'm still on a previous release. This is what I have:

{
    "form": {
        "outfit": "0x004428|Apachii_Maids.esp"
    }
}

Your release says 'maid-outfit' instead of just 'outfit'. Maybe that's an issue @ponzipyramid?

Now, iirc, SSE has a problem with cell names that contain '-', could that also be a problem? Idon't really know.

H, you obviously can load your game, maybe attach a papyrus log - it might indicate a problem.

Really great to see more content for Devious Followers!

I'm having some trouble getting some of the new deals to work. I have the same issue for Maid outfit as H Bof, where it falls back to Tavern clothes.

Spoiler

image.png.09e5b2f024bf44b5c5329c6931f20a44.pngimage.png.6dc3ee1b5c2b57352880e3e67b133f64.png

When accepting the deal, I get the notification "Could not find the maid oufit, falling back".

Are there any requirements on body slots for the maid outfit?

I also can't get any of the exercise deals to trigger when accepting them. I do not get any on-screen message about the deal triggering, it's not set as Active in the MCM, and if I speak to the follower afterwards, they offer the same deal again, until I decline and they suggest another deal.

Here's the relevant log section.

Dflow log.txt

7 minutes ago, GrimReaperCalls said:

Really great to see more content for Devious Followers!

I'm having some trouble getting some of the new deals to work. I have the same issue for Maid outfit as H Bof, where it falls back to Tavern clothes.

Hide contents

image.png.09e5b2f024bf44b5c5329c6931f20a44.pngimage.png.6dc3ee1b5c2b57352880e3e67b133f64.png

When accepting the deal, I get the notification "Could not find the maid oufit, falling back".

Are there any requirements on body slots for the maid outfit?

I also can't get any of the exercise deals to trigger when accepting them. I do not get any on-screen message about the deal triggering, it's not set as Active in the MCM, and if I speak to the follower afterwards, they offer the same deal again, until I decline and they suggest another deal.

Here's the relevant log section.

Dflow log.txt 18.12 kB · 1 download

Is this on a new game and can you post your DeviousFollowersRedux.log as well (Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/DeviousFollowersRedux.log)

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Is this on a new game and can you post your DeviousFollowersRedux.log as well (Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/DeviousFollowersRedux.log)

New save (up to bleak falls barrow) using 0.1.9 of Dflow Redux and Dealer's Choice 0.2.1 from start. This problem seems to be somewhat intermittent, since after restarting my computer and immediately testing the deals after loading a save, I managed to acquire 2 of the exercise deals. This tim e, only the protein deal (last of the three) wasn't being added. Sounds a bit like script lag on my end, but the papyrus log looks all right. I'll try with a reduced load order the next chance I get to play.

DeviousFollowersRedux.log

Ok I've been able to get a semi fix by just manually adding dealers choice as a master to the apcahii maid esp in xEdit and adding the keyword to the armors but that's probably not ideal. I tried to do it for the elle maid too but I have to move the load order to do it and it causes CTD when I do so no dice there. I also realized that I posted the wrong log before so here's the DFR one.

On 11/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, H Bof said:

I'm having some problems getting the custom maid outfit to work. I think I'm doing it right but I must be missing something. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?

Hide contents

image.png.51e794587446455d6d8d8912dd028c79.png

I' trying to use the matte black dress from Elle's Maid Outfit 3BA

could there be spacing issues with your setup? a space before ellle or after the form id? also is maid 3ba spelled correctly, like no underscore instead of a space?

54 minutes ago, Amber02000 said:

could there be spacing issues with your setup? a space before ellle or after the form id? also is maid 3ba spelled correctly, like no underscore instead of a space?

As far as I'm aware it's correct, I used the esp name that it shows at the top of my xEdit in the screenshot and it appears with the spaces in game when viewing with additemmenu. I also thought that I had mistakenly put spaces between the ID  "|" and "[Elle]" in the json but there isn't one the letter spacing in notepad++ just looks like that. For now I got it to work by adding the keywords to the armors themselves in xEdit I'll just have to remember to remove them if I ever need to uninstall DF lol.

Getting a new issue with the exercise deal. I believe it's my 3rd time doing the exercises and the warmup animation runs but after that I just stand there and do nothing. My hunch is it's and animation issue but I have GS Poses (the GS Poses 20 03 SE file in the downloads) and the first two times all the animations played just fine. Anyone else run into this?

Edit: I don't think the animations are the issue after doing some testing. I went through the defaults.json and deleted all but one of the ids and went through them one by one and still had the same issue every time, the warmup even still plays too. The only other thing I can think of is that my follower hasn't let me eat in like 3 days lol but I thought it was just them being a hardass but maybe something else is jamming the whole thing up. I tried repairing follower and terminating scene multiple times but no dice :( 

Edited by H Bof
53 minutes ago, H Bof said:

Getting a new issue with the exercise deal. I believe it's my 3rd time doing the exercises and the warmup animation runs but after that I just stand there and do nothing. My hunch is it's and animation issue but I have GS Poses (the GS Poses 20 03 SE file in the downloads) and the first two times all the animations played just fine. Anyone else run into this?

Edit: I don't think the animations are the issue after doing some testing. I went through the defaults.json and deleted all but one of the ids and went through them one by one and still had the same issue every time, the warmup even still plays too.

The only other thing I can think of is that my follower randomly accused me of eating without permission when I hadn't but I just additem f-ed my debt back and moved on. They haven't let me eat in like 3 days since lol but I thought it was just them being a hardass but maybe something else is jamming the whole thing up. I tried repairing follower and terminating scene multiple times but no dice :( The only two deals I have are asking to eat and exercise and I agreed to them in that order if that helps.

Second Edit: I went back to a save I made right before exercising for the first time and before my follower accused me of eating and I can confirm it fails on the third time I exercise every time. The warmup animation this time was different this time so that doesn't matter as much. Not sure where else to go from here so I'll just buy out of the deal and move on for now with something else.

Edited by H Bof
2 hours ago, H Bof said:

DeviousFollowersRedux.log 225.45 kB · 0 downloads

Second Edit: I went back to a save I made right before exercising for the first time and before my follower accused me of eating and I can confirm it fails on the third time I exercise every time. The warmup animation this time was different this time so that doesn't matter as much. Not sure where else to go from here so I'll just buy out of the deal and move on for now with something else.

As a general note, there's two useful logs, this one which tells me how DFR is selecting and activating rules, and the script log in Logs/Script/Papyrus.0 that tell me what's going on during a deal.

I tried out ELLE and it seemed to work. What is the version of your PapyrusUtil and is it overwriting SL?

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 11/11/2023 at 12:11 AM, GrimReaperCalls said:

New save (up to bleak falls barrow) using 0.1.9 of Dflow Redux and Dealer's Choice 0.2.1 from start. This problem seems to be somewhat intermittent, since after restarting my computer and immediately testing the deals after loading a save, I managed to acquire 2 of the exercise deals. This tim e, only the protein deal (last of the three) wasn't being added. Sounds a bit like script lag on my end, but the papyrus log looks all right. I'll try with a reduced load order the next chance I get to play.

DeviousFollowersRedux.log 240.32 kB · 1 download

Are you still encountering issues with this?

9 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

As a general note, there's two useful logs, this one which tells me how DFR is selecting and activating rules, and the script log in Logs/Script/Papyrus.0 that tell me what's going in during a deal.

I tried out ELLE and it seemed to work. What is the version of your PapyrusUtil and is it overwriting SL?

Ahh good to know. I'm using PapyrusUtil 3.9 and SL is overwriting it. I just loaded up the save and tried to exercise again here's the new logs

Papyrus.0.log DeviousFollowersRedux.log

10 minutes ago, H Bof said:

Ahh good to know. I'm using PapyrusUtil 3.9 and SL is overwriting it. I just loaded up the save and tried to exercise again here's the new logs

Papyrus.0.log 371.46 kB · 0 downloads DeviousFollowersRedux.log 224.06 kB · 0 downloads

Okay, I would update PapyrusUtil to whatever the latest is supported for your game version and ensure its overwriting SL. That should fix your maid rule issues. I'll run thru a couple rounds of testing with exercise. Could you walk me step by step what happens when the exercise scene begins?

21 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Okay, I would update PapyrusUtil to whatever the latest is supported for your game version and ensure its overwriting SL. That should fix your maid rule issues. I'll run thru a couple rounds of testing with exercise. Could you walk me step by step what happens when the exercise scene begins?

Will do, and it begins as it should by my follower saying to start with a warmup and that animation plays fine. After that when they say something along the lines of "alright move on to the main sets" or whatever the dialogue is to begin the full exercise and as soon as they do that I stop doing whatever animation was played for the warmup and just idle there forever. Both of us are then permanently stuck in a DF scene even after trying to pause/unpause the mod, terminate scene, and repair follower in the debug menu.

Edit: Alright I checked nexus and 3.9 is the newest version for SE 1.59 which is what I'm on, then I made Papyrus overwrite SL but it still had the same issue but could it be baked into the save at this point? Idk I'm no expert. Here's new logs if anything changed:

Papyrus.0.log DeviousFollowersRedux.log

Edited by H Bof

I'm getting a new issue where my follower now recognizes maid armors since I added them through xedit but they still add debt no matter where I am if I take it off, even if I'm out in the woods fighting bandits and the like. (I'm beginning to think all of my issues are my load order lol) Has anyone else ran into this?

Oh and also for some reason every now and again when I offer my companion food they demand, they eat an entire body armor item instead. I don't know why or how it chooses which one to eat but it is quite the funny image lol.

Double also: the protein diet isn't registering as active in my deals in the MCM (unless it's just included with the diet deal because that one is there) and so far no dialogue has come up about it since agreeing to it.

Edited by H Bof
1 hour ago, H Bof said:

I'm getting a new issue where my follower now recognizes maid armors since I added them through xedit but they still add debt no matter where I am if I take it off, even if I'm out in the woods fighting bandits and the like. (I'm beginning to think all of my issues are my load order lol) Has anyone else ran into this?

The keyword has to be on the clothing for them to recognised as the official maid outfit which is what the script is supposed to do after fetching them from the file. Can you paste your custom.json file?

1 hour ago, H Bof said:

Oh and also for some reason every now and again when I offer my companion food they demand, they eat an entire body armor item instead. I don't know why or how it chooses which one to eat but it is quite the funny image lol.

I'll tamp down the item selection to just food :sweat_smile:.

1 hour ago, H Bof said:

Double also: the protein diet isn't registering as active in my deals in the MCM (unless it's just included with the diet deal because that one is there) and so far no dialogue has come up about it since agreeing to it.

Are you on the latest version of Devious Followers (v0.1.9)?

Also, for testing, I would try a new game. Logs are cleared every time you start up the game so I'm not seeing anything related to DChoice. Can you start the game, try to buy a maid outfit and exercise in the same session.

Edited by ponzipyramid
35 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

The keyword has to be on the clothing for them to recognised as the official maid outfit which is what the script is supposed to do after fetching them from the file. Can you paste your custom.json file?

Also, for testing, I would try a new game. Logs are cleared every time you start up the game so I'm not seeing anything related to DChoice. Can you start the game, try to buy a maid outfit and exercise in the same session.

I'll attach my custom.json too if you wanna plug it in and test it to see if there's something wrong on my end with my mods or if something got messed up with the json when I edited it. Here's the paste:

Spoiler

{
        "maid-outfit": "FE000818|[ELLE] Maid 3BA.esp"
    },
    "stringList": {
        "exercise-anim-ids": ["GS164","GS165","GS166","GS186","GS187","GS188","GS189","GS236","GS237","GS239"],
        "degrading-anim-ids": ["GS1", "GS2", "GS3", "GS4", "GS5", "GS6", "GS7", "GS8", "GS9", "GS10", "GS11", "GS12", "GS13", "GS14", "GS15", "GS16", "GS17", "GS18", "GS19", "GS20", "GS21", "GS22", "GS23", "GS24", "GS25", "GS26", "GS27", "GS28", "GS29", "GS30", "GS32", "GS33", "GS35", "GS36", "GS38", "GS39", "GS40", "GS47", "GS50", "GS51", "GS52", "GS53", "GS54"]
    }
}

I am on DFR 0.1.9 and I started this save fresh with them.

Here's the new logs:

custom.json DeviousFollowersRedux.log Papyrus.0.log

8 minutes ago, H Bof said:

I'll attach my custom.json too if you wanna plug it in and test it to see if there's something wrong on my end with my mods or if something got messed up with the json when I edited it. Here's the paste:

Reveal hidden contents

{
        "maid-outfit": "FE000818|[ELLE] Maid 3BA.esp"
    },
    "stringList": {
        "exercise-anim-ids": ["GS164","GS165","GS166","GS186","GS187","GS188","GS189","GS236","GS237","GS239"],
        "degrading-anim-ids": ["GS1", "GS2", "GS3", "GS4", "GS5", "GS6", "GS7", "GS8", "GS9", "GS10", "GS11", "GS12", "GS13", "GS14", "GS15", "GS16", "GS17", "GS18", "GS19", "GS20", "GS21", "GS22", "GS23", "GS24", "GS25", "GS26", "GS27", "GS28", "GS29", "GS30", "GS32", "GS33", "GS35", "GS36", "GS38", "GS39", "GS40", "GS47", "GS50", "GS51", "GS52", "GS53", "GS54"]
    }
}

I am on DFR 0.1.9 and I started this save fresh with them.

Here's the new logs:

custom.json 590 B · 0 downloads DeviousFollowersRedux.log 225.44 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 346.24 kB · 0 downloads

For your custom.json, can you try this instead custom.json. Still trying to replicate the exercise rule bug.

4 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Question, I'm building a 100% fresh AE build after finally giving up on my oldrim. Do I also have to edit/change the ID # for custom maid outfit I want to use? Or just edit it to be the esp title? Also, Haven't even tested yet, still loading up mods at the moment.