Setting Rape as Crime Question

ebrius

Right now, with either SexLab Defeat or Submit, if you grapple from behind (SL Defeat) or successfully sneak submit shout (SL Submit), you can knock down and rape an NPC while in the middle of a town without any consequences. 

Is it possible for the subsequent rape to be reported as a crime if seen by guards or law-abiding citizens?

I'm not sure about Defeat, but this is from the Submit description:

Submit Ambush Hotkey

[...]

• Nearby guards will trigger an AssaultAlarm (Bounty) if you use this on civilian types and they see you. As well, they will also trigger it if they see you robbing/raping your victim, so use at own risk in town.

Maybe you have a bug or conflict?

I'm not sure about Defeat, but this is from the Submit description:

Submit Ambush Hotkey

[...]

• Nearby guards will trigger an AssaultAlarm (Bounty) if you use this on civilian types and they see you. As well, they will also trigger it if they see you robbing/raping your victim, so use at own risk in town.

Maybe you have a bug or conflict?

Curious, let me experiment a bit more, and I'll report back.

Defeat has setting to consider Rape as Crime.  Have you check that?

Yes, I've checked rape as crime in SL Defeat's MCM :(

wait for the sexlab defeat to get a update. its kinda buggy atm from my experience with 3.2

That's probably what I'll have to do.  For now, could someone please try the following to see if they trigger crimes?

For SL Submit:

1. Draw weapons/fists/spell.

2. In plain sight of guards and other villagers, crouch to "sneak" (eye symbol will be wide open).

3. From behind the target, use submit shout hotkey.

4. If roll chance successful -> rob/rape animation runs.

5. For me, other NPCs don't care and continue to walk by :(

For SL Defeat:

2. In plain sight of guards and other villagers, get behind the target.

3. From behind, use grapple hotkey.

4. Sheath weapon and use hotkey again to start rape option.

5. NPCs still don't care :(

Note: for SL Defeat, if weapon not sheathed and kill option selected, target dies and assault (not murder) crime is triggered.

That's probably what I'll have to do.  For now, could someone please try the following to see if they trigger crimes?

For SL Submit:

2. In plain sight of guards and other villagers, crouch to "sneak" (eye symbol will be wide open).

3. From behind the target, use submit shout hotkey.

4. If roll chance successful -> rob/rape animation runs.

5. For me, other NPCs don't care and continue to walk by :(

Note: for SL Defeat, if weapon not sheathed and kill option selected, target dies and assault (not murder) crime is triggered.

The last time I tested that, Guards would most certainly react if you used the Ambush (Or Coerced, whatever).  But, I haven't tested that in recent updates, and there have been numerous changes since I implemeted the Guard reactions, so it's possible something got broken, so I'll test it again tonight after work.

Naturally, I can't speak for Defeat.

Archived