[Blender addon] SMPRigidBodies create, test and export SMP .xml:s from blender

[Blender addon] SMPRigidBodies create, test and export SMP .xml:s from blender

View File

Blender addon to export physics setups from Rigid Body Bones by Pauan which can be used to create and test physics setups in blender.

Build and test your SMP physics setup in blender using that addon.

When you are done and satisfied export it all to SMP .xmls through file->export->Skinned Mesh Physics (SMP) .xml

Collision meshes (per-vertex-shape and per-triangle-shape) meshes can be defined by making those meshes rigid bodies set to "passive" and options can be set in the rigid body physics side panel under "SMPRigidBodies"

The latest version will be on github, posting here for visibility.

https://github.com/OpheliaComplex/SMPRigidBodies

Basic functionality is there but some things likely need to be improved.

export.png

1.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/05/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    blender, likely 3.0+, developed on blender 3.5
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

1 minute ago, DG914 said:

Goddamn, that looks sick! What do you mean by testing the physics setups though?

You set them up with the rigid body bones addon in blender and can see how your settings behave, with limits, springs, levels of damping etc

No need to export it all to a final mesh into skyrim before you can test SMP on it, you can test it while making the outfit, inside blender.

You can see in the video how I shake the npc root bone and that causes the skirt bones to react - it's physics driven.

Ah, I see.. Biggest part of it would probably be converting the meshes skeletons and names into a unified system for Blender, I think. Either way, great work so far!

P.s.: Love your pfp, did you make it yourself?

On 6/6/2023 at 1:18 AM, DG914 said:

P.s.: Love your pfp, did you make it yourself?

Thanks!

Well, define "made". It's stable diffusion generated with some fiddling of model checkpoints and LORAs by me prior, cleaned up some details, background and shadows in GIMP after.

I would say yes, but some people would scream I didn't make it :p

• 3 weeks later...