Hi, i can't understand what point is to create a new stuff (like sims) which is not opening? its always needs a newest version or update. so its cpl times a months you must look for new updates spend money. and creators as well looking for support on them sites. So imagine u done last update, and you supporting one of creators. downloading new content and its not working.

why they just cant create a content that everybody can use. 

imagine if one day you go to petrol station and you cant fill up a diesel because your car is one month old. will be doing to buy a new car???

Hi there @Velvetclub39. Created sims doesn't require update. Let's say, my game version is 1.1 and i created a sim in 1.1 patch. Then, your game should be in the at least 1.1 patch to be able to play with that sim. When the 1.2 patch comes, you still can install the sims from 1.1 and earlier patch versions. However, if i create another sim in 1.2, then you need to update your game from 1.1 to 1.2 to be able to play with the sims created after 1.2 patch drops.

I gave example for custom sims because you were mentioning to it in your first sentence. All you need to do is click "update" to update your game from Origin or EA app, whichever you use. And then you're good to go.

People who create the sims update their games regularly to keep up to date with the game. We play the game as well so we want to get the updates, expansion packs etc. That's why we update our games.

For mods that changes the behavior of the game, with each update, devs usually change something within the game and this usually break how the mod works as it clashes with the coding they've made. So the modder kinda has to update their mod to make it work with the newer version of the game. Not all the time they required to be updated but usually, with every patch, many of the mods breaks and requires updates/fixes.

Hope this clears the questions in your mind. :) 

Edited by 7cupsbobatae

Point:

(noun)

1. the tapered, sharp end of a tool, weapon, or other object.
2. a dot or other punctuation mark, in particular a period.

3. a particular spot, place, or position in an area or on a map, object, or surface.

4. a single item or detail in an extended discussion, list, or text.

5. (in sports and games) a mark or unit of scoring.

6. each of thirty-two directions marked at equal distances around a compass.

7. (British) a wall outlet or jack.

8. a narrow piece of land jutting out into a lake or ocean.

9. (Printing) a unit of measurement for type sizes and spacing, which in the US and UK is one twelfth of a pica, or 0.013835 inch (0.351 mm), and in Europe is 0.015 inch (0.376 mm).

10. (Ice Hockey) either of two areas in each attacking zone, just inside the blue line where it meets the boards.
      (Basketball) a position at the front of the court, usually manned by the guard who sets up the team's defense.

11. each of a set of electrical contacts in the distributor of a motor vehicle.

12. a small leading party of an advanced guard of troops.

13. the extremities of an animal, typically a horse or cat, such as the face, paws, and tail of a Siamese cat.

14. (Hunting) a spot to which a straight run is made.

15. (Historical) a tagged piece of ribbon or cord used for lacing a garment or attaching breeches to a doublet.

16. a short piece of cord for tying up a reef in a sail.

17. the action or position of a dog in pointing.

18. (Music) an important phrase or subject, especially in a contrapuntal composition.

19. (British) another term for switch (sense 4 of the noun).

(verb)
1. direct someone's attention toward something by extending one's finger or something held in one's hand.
2. give force or emphasis to (words or actions).

3. extend (the toes or feet) in line with the leg by tensing the foot and ankle in such a way as to form a point.
4. fill in or repair the joints of (brickwork, a brick structure, or tiling) with smoothly finished mortar or cement.
5. give a sharp, tapered point to.
6. insert points in (written Hebrew).

You asked "what a point is" so...

I'm sorry, my A.I. is acting up again, I should probably get that fixed.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:18 PM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Point:

(noun)

1. the tapered, sharp end of a tool, weapon, or other object.
2. a dot or other punctuation mark, in particular a period.

3. a particular spot, place, or position in an area or on a map, object, or surface.

4. a single item or detail in an extended discussion, list, or text.

5. (in sports and games) a mark or unit of scoring.

6. each of thirty-two directions marked at equal distances around a compass.

7. (British) a wall outlet or jack.

8. a narrow piece of land jutting out into a lake or ocean.

9. (Printing) a unit of measurement for type sizes and spacing, which in the US and UK is one twelfth of a pica, or 0.013835 inch (0.351 mm), and in Europe is 0.015 inch (0.376 mm).

10. (Ice Hockey) either of two areas in each attacking zone, just inside the blue line where it meets the boards.
      (Basketball) a position at the front of the court, usually manned by the guard who sets up the team's defense.

11. each of a set of electrical contacts in the distributor of a motor vehicle.

12. a small leading party of an advanced guard of troops.

13. the extremities of an animal, typically a horse or cat, such as the face, paws, and tail of a Siamese cat.

14. (Hunting) a spot to which a straight run is made.

15. (Historical) a tagged piece of ribbon or cord used for lacing a garment or attaching breeches to a doublet.

16. a short piece of cord for tying up a reef in a sail.

17. the action or position of a dog in pointing.

18. (Music) an important phrase or subject, especially in a contrapuntal composition.

19. (British) another term for switch (sense 4 of the noun).

(verb)
1. direct someone's attention toward something by extending one's finger or something held in one's hand.
2. give force or emphasis to (words or actions).

3. extend (the toes or feet) in line with the leg by tensing the foot and ankle in such a way as to form a point.
4. fill in or repair the joints of (brickwork, a brick structure, or tiling) with smoothly finished mortar or cement.
5. give a sharp, tapered point to.
6. insert points in (written Hebrew).

You asked "what a point is" so...

I'm sorry, my A.I. is acting up again, I should probably get that fixed.

I opened this thread just to do this and someone actually beat me to it in only 2 replies. Have a like for being as mischievous as me. XD

Edited by SilentAegis