[Mod]Pregmod+SWP Side Effects

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Nanobots stuff Extra Fertile, Size Queen, Ultra Tight but I just hate the current pregnancy stuff you made. 

Issues:

1. it harder to advance pregnancy from week 8 to week 12. I am forced to wait until week 9, a am then advance to week 11 forced to wait until week 12.

2. after giving birth my character is immediately pregnant again! 

3. the pregnancy cycle barely works right. Player seem to get pregnant when is says it is safe and not when your ovulating or being dangerous.

The only reason I would ever try your stuff is to better trigger the HGH - Human Growth Hormone stuff.

I will not be making a version without pregnancy stuff, ever. The code for the side effects is intertwined with the new pregnancy logic and I have no interest in doing the work of re-separating them.

Regarding the pregnancy issues, keep in mind, if you're low intelligence, your character probably won't give you correct info about your fertility, actual conception happens before you get pregnant, and sperm can survive for a few days in the womb.

2. after giving birth my character is immediately pregnant again! 

Can you provide more details? I haven't seen this bug reported before.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:47 AM, himmlisches said:

I will not be making a version without pregnancy stuff, ever. The code for the side effects is intertwined with the new pregnancy logic and I have no interest in doing the work of re-separating them.

Regarding the pregnancy issues, keep in mind, if you're low intelligence, your character probably won't give you correct info about your fertility, actual conception happens before you get pregnant, and sperm can survive for a few days in the womb.

Can you provide more details? I haven't seen this bug reported before.

Can confirm the issue of becoming immediately pregnant after giving birth. Basically what'll happen is that you'll give birth but then around 3-4 days later, despite not having any sex at all, your character will just suddenly become 4 weeks pregnant. This causes an endless pregnancy loop.

I also got the broodmother trait when giving birth for the first time.

Can also confirm suffered the same thing.

Maybe need to set $playerovulating, $zygotewaiting and $implantationtimer to false straight after the birth, and also remove all sperm present in womb at that time as well. Maybe also reset $placeincycle to 1

I'm guessing after :: pregnancy report would be a good time to 'reset' things.

I'm gonna test out the following code

Spoiler
:: pregnancy report [around] 
{
  (display:_around)
  (set:("sperminwomb" of $character's "womb") to (a:))
  (set:$placeincycle to 1)
  (set:$zygotewaiting to "false")
  (set:$implantationtimer to "false")
  (set:$playerovulating to "false")
}

Edited by mijhy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 12:05 AM, himmlisches said:

I don't want to put all of the various side effects on the description page, as I want to let players discover the side effects during play. New features generally refers to additions to side effect functionality, and other details that I don't particularly want in the mod description. The mods aren't encrypted, so if someone really wants to they can always poke around the files and find out themselves.

I understand that exploration is part of the fun, but i would like to know what a mod does before i add it to my game and start a playthrough with it. You could use a spoiler to talk about the side effects, but please consider actually describing the pregnancy changes in the Mods description. The current sentence could mean a lot of things depending on your ideas of good gameplay and i don't think people enjoy searching through the comments to get an idea of what this does. 

On 3/5/2024 at 10:30 PM, lsrmsy said:

I understand that exploration is part of the fun, but i would like to know what a mod does before i add it to my game and start a playthrough with it. You could use a spoiler to talk about the side effects, but please consider actually describing the pregnancy changes in the Mods description. The current sentence could mean a lot of things depending on your ideas of good gameplay and i don't think people enjoy searching through the comments to get an idea of what this does. 

I agree. I'd like to know what effect the side effects will actually have, as well as knowing at least roughly how the preg changes work.

I'm reading the code again, looking at rapid cycle:

(if:$character's "side effects" contains "Rapid Cycle")[
        (unless:(($placeincycle) of "cycle" of $character's "womb") is 4)[
          (set:$placeincycle to it + 1)
        ]
      ]

I thought maybe this could tone down, so I set it to happen 2/3rds of the time.

(if:(random:1,3) < 3)[
            (set:$placeincycle to it + 1)
          ]

By my own  preferences, I thought a slightly gentler approach to ovulation risk would be more fun. So I've set cycle values to this - note I have added some 3s in to make use of them.

(set:$mod_fert_cycle to (a:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,4,2,1,1,1))
  (set:_barrencycle to    (a:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0))
  (set:_lowcycle to       (a:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,4,2,1))
  (set:_normalcycle to    (a:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,4,2,1,1,1))
  (set:_highcycle to      (a:3,4,2,2,2,1,1,1,3,3,2,2,1,1))
  (set:_ultracycle to     (a:3,4,2,2,1,1,3,4,2,2,1,1,2,3))
  (set:_maxcycle to       (a:4,4,4,4,4,4,4))

I also set breeder to high cycle. Still seems plenty easy to get knocked up if you're going for that.

Also note that two new official pills are in the game: Cum-Cure and Resistance. The mod also hasn't set anything specific for clones either. Cum-Cure says there's a low pregnancy chance, so I thought maybe both that and Resistance should be on low cycle for this mod.

Therefore, I edited it to

(set: _cycle to "mod" of $fertilitycycle)
      (if:($pill_taken is "none") or ($pill_taken is "basic"))[
        (set: _cycle to "barren" of $fertilitycycle)
      ](else-if:($pill_taken is "Breeder"))[
        (set: _cycle to "high" of $fertilitycycle)
      ](else-if:($pill_taken is "Plus") or ($pill_taken is "X-Tra Strength"))[
        (set: _cycle to "normal" of $fertilitycycle)
      ](else-if:($pill_taken is "Cum-Cure") or ($pill_taken is "Resistance") or ($pill_taken is "Clone"))[
        (set: _cycle to "low" of $fertilitycycle)
      ]

I also saw some extra side effects that use $nano_xp but there's nowhere in the code that can be gained, I assume they need implementing at some point?

Some other (maybe rare) ways to initially aquire nanobots other than just the mutatio shop's enhancement pills would be cool, IMHO.

Edited by mijhy
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, was wondering if there was an issue with the Ultra Tight effect. I'm on my 3rd separate playthrough and cannot seem to trigger it. So far I've triggered Deluge, Ribbed Throat, and Blowjob Princess. Those were pretty straightforward. The text said orgasming without anything to squeeze so I assumed it meant oral based positions. With some decent rolls, I've gotten a character up to four but still nothing. Or maybe five is the trigger? Quite the challenge! Either way, I appreciate anyone's help. Loving this mod so far.