File Name: HOSK Core Alpha

File Submitter: Wizard

File Submitted: 08 Sep 2013

File Category: WIP / Beta

Requires: Latest version of SKSE

a6vn.png

Update:

0.02a.b contains fixes, optional hardcore saves and smoother stats regeneration and consumption for player,

npcs not affected yet, they use old script part.

Things Working:

• New save system
  • Dynamic script attach system
  • Regeneration
  • New weight system
  • Encumbrance
  • Dynamic speed change
  • Faster load
  • Damage momentum
  • Weapon speed

Supported languages: English and Russian

Known bugs:

• If you have more than one copy of equipped weapon/shield, it will drop from inventory.
  • Screen sometimes does not go black upon death

Q&A:

What this mod will be?
A complete rework of most passive trees, rework of combat, magic system, prices, items, damage, quests and many other things.
A new hardcore experience.
No level lists, everything placed manually.

What this mod will not be?
It will not be lore friendly. ever.
It will not modify terrain or add new structures/lands/dungeons.
It will not be compatible with any other overhaul/skill/weapon/magic/whatever mods. I won't release any patches or test anything.

short-term planned features:

• NPC stats - adjusts stats ov every NPC/Enemy/Creature on the fly

mid-term planned features:

• Speed momentum - you start to run slower and gain speed over time.
  • Rescaled weapons damage - everything hits X times harder
  • Weapon momentum - piercing damage based on weapon weight, attack speed based on weapon weight.

long-term planned features:

• Remade magic system
  • Remade combat system
  • Redone passive trees
  • Redone vampirism & lycantropy
  • Redone everything

download.png
Click here to download this file

Development state

In this post i will track current progress of mod development.

- done - what is finished
- in progress - what is halfway/one third/one fourth/one xxx-th done
- planned - what i already know how to implement and how to design, but still haven't started. short-term
- not done - not designed/not planned yet, longer-term

Current state of dev:

Initialization - done
Dynamic script attaching - done

Regeneration script - partially done

• SP regen - done
  • MP regen - partially done
  • HP regen - not done

Undone changes to HP regen for non-humanlike enemies to match difficulty of vanilla game or additional enemy overhaul mods.

Moved this script part to RaceStats script for reducing amount of code.

Started to rewrite script for optimisation with less checking frequency.

Encumbrance script - partially done

• Weight system - done
  • Dynamic speed - done
  • Dynamic stamina burn - partially done, works for player, only running/sprinting/sneaking
  • Dynamic speed momentum - not done, planned

Started to rewrite script for optimisation with less checking frequency.

Regeneration scaling for enemies - In Progress

Race Stats - done basic races

Weapon Speed  - Partially done, dynamic speed reduction when low on stamina

New Mechanic introduced - Stamina consumtion with attacks, burns 2X weight of weapon, but after minor delay rapidly regenerates consumed part at 20% speed.

Weapon momentum - Partially done, just plainly adds weapon weight to damage dealt

New save system - done

Fast loading - done

New Planned features:

• Add Run Speed momentum

Info for testers

Disclaimer:
This is early alpha with some basic functions working. Do not use Savegame you dont want to lose.
I am serious, this mod can screw your game.
Everything works on scripts and this mod is not optimised yet, it may reduce your game performance or bloat save.

With my ENB setting i am having issues with Menu and loading screens smoke, so i included files to disable it.
Also improves overall performance and load times.

At the moment mod supports 2 languages, English and Russian.

First of all you will choose what langauge to use.

Second you will Select mode, select Normal mode, Debug is used by me for testing purposes, at the moment it gives you option to change way how you hold your weapon onehanded or twohanded. Works only with basic Iron weapons, to activate press V.

Third. All your new savegames since mod install are now uncapable to play. This is intended feature.

To save your game go to any bed and sleep. A new Savefile named HOSK will be created and used further as only save.

Each time you sleep, game is saved and savefile is overwritten. Intended feature.

Trying to load any autosave/self-made save since mod install will tell you that this is not a HOSK save and will load a HOSK save instead.
If no is present, you will exit into main menu.

Alpha Testers Objectives:

• Run, Sprint, Sneak - check how stamina is consumed and how it regenerates
  • Cast Magic - check how magicka regenerates (or doesn't)
  • Check how weight affects your speed and how much can you carry
  • Sleep on bed
  • Load a HOSK game
  • Save Game, load this save game (Not HOSK one)
  • Die
  • Check NPC speedmult. (open console, click on NPC and type GetAV speedmult)
  • Repeat speedmult check on different NPCs. They should differ if NPCs have different amount of stamina.
  • Have fun

To uninstall mod you can just remove it from load list and use previous saves without this mod use.

If you want to play with your current save, but want to uninstall mod

• Remove all equipment.
  • Open console (~)
  • type: "Set HOSK_Core_State to 4" (without quotes)
  • Save game. (With regular save, not with bed sleep)
  • Load this save, an uninstall process will start. It will remove all scripts from player and will set all values to vanilla states.
  • Save game. Exit game.
  • Remove mod from load list.
  • Load game.

You can edit, publish or share my mod and mod parts with 3 rules:

1. You MUST include scripts sources in post download / mod loose file or at least in mod archive (.bsa)
2. Give credits to mod author (me)
3. Anyone that uses your mod can edit, publish or share your mod and mod parts with same 3 rules.

I need some feedback from you guys before I have completely rewritten regen and weight scripts. As first goal I had to get things working, no matter how dirty they were. And now I am fixing this mess to be more optimized.

At the moment I am working on weapons additional damage based on weapon weight, stamina burn when attacking and special combat regeneration mechanic to bring new elements into gameplay, so way to win fights will be not spamming attacks over blocking enemy, but use bursts of 2-3-4 attacks in a row and wait a bit to let combat regen replenish your stamina to previous level. Think of it like stamina bar inside stamina bar.

The thing to prevent you from keep attacking continuously - you swing your weapon slower on low stamina, and much slower. It will leave you open and enemies will not miss their chance to kill you.

For balancing I am using Expert difficulty level and Bleak Falls Barrow on character level 1.

At the moment Warhammers are OP due their heavy weight, so I plan to dynamically reduce weight damage, based on how fast you swing weapon and since they eat 2/3 of your stamina in a single swing this change looks promissing.

Feel free to post your suggestion, thoughts or feedback.

By the way, I regularly update development state post, so any fresh info you can find there.

Each time you sleep, game is saved and savefile is overwritten.

I don't think I like the whole new saving thingy but that's just an opinion, other people may love it ^^ Buuuuuut this part about overwriting is very wrong and dangerous for technical reasons!

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim (and probably Fallouts too because it looks like a normal thingy for bethesda games) have always had issues with saves. Saves can get corrupted, not saved fully (for example if papyrus bloat starts causing the game to crash on saving) and don't even get me started on what quicksaving and autosaving can do to the game ^^ so everyone who doesn't want to lose her or his character by accident always saves in a new slot and should probably keep hundreds of old saves just to have revert points in case something goes wrong!

By forcing player's savegame to only ever use 1 slot you are doing 2 things nobody playing bethesda games (especially modded) should ever do: overwriting a previous save and not keeping backups.

Your mod sounds so different and interesting but if you include a time bomb like this with it I don't think many people will -> risk <- playing it. For example me because I don't think I'm comfortable with this risk no matter how amazing the mod may be.

Each time you sleep, game is saved and savefile is overwritten.

I don't think I like the whole new saving thingy but that's just an opinion, other people may love it ^^ Buuuuuut this part about overwriting is very wrong and dangerous for technical reasons!

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim (and probably Fallouts too because it looks like a normal thingy for bethesda games) have always had issues with saves. Saves can get corrupted, not saved fully (for example if papyrus bloat starts causing the game to crash on saving) and don't even get me started on what quicksaving and autosaving can do to the game ^^ so everyone who doesn't want to lose her or his character by accident always saves in a new slot and should probably keep hundreds of old saves just to have revert points in case something goes wrong!

By forcing player's savegame to only ever use 1 slot you are doing 2 things nobody playing bethesda games (especially modded) should ever do: overwriting a previous save and not keeping backups.

Your mod sounds so different and interesting but if you include a time bomb like this with it I don't think many people will -> risk <- playing it. For example me because I don't think I'm comfortable with this risk no matter how amazing the mod may be.

Thanks for your reply, it was very informative. I am still learnining some things in modding, and didn't know these issues can occur.

The point of one savefile was not to limit players in their gameplay to use one save, but to make them think what they actually are doing in the game, so they just can't revert anything they've done further than last save.

The whole thing about my saves is that each time you sleep you are technically teleported into blank cell with nothing in it for half of a second, game is saved, so next time the game loads your character and a blank cell and afterwards you are teleported back to last bed you were sleeping. Not sure if it somehow helps to reduce amounts of corrupted saves, but overall load time is lower as I tested. I am also not restricting to save game by any means, I just check on gameload if it was saved the way I want, which means if you disable mod you will be able to use all saves you've made by yourself during usage. I will try to handle that overwrite issue, but I am not sure how to force player to use only last savefile yet. In next release I will make saves optional at least.

Good news, everyone! I've managed not only rewrite the save system, but added a new feature.

Savesystem does not use one savefile anymore, but checks if the savefile was last made and forces player to use only the last one. So if your save became by an accident corrupted, if you manually delete it, you can resume from last working save. Also this "hardcore save" feature is optional now, you can turn it off if you don't like it.

And the new feature is Temporary saves, available within one gamesession for hardcore saves system. When you shut down the game, you can't load them anymore. Plus i plan to make them optionally only for one/two/three uses or give player a limit in daily (game-time) temporary saves.