mod straight up not working

On 4/6/2023 at 12:10 PM, MoonGrape said:

Hi! I installed wicked whims and everything correctly, but when I enter the game it doesn´t work, no little message about the mod, no mod options, no nudity nothing. Any ideas what the problem may be?

That means that:

1- You actually have not installed the mod correctly (follow the installation instruction in wicked whims web page) OR 

2- You have a version of the mod that is not compatible with your game version (game version 1.96 required for the latest versions of wicked whims) OR 

3- You are using standard version of wicked whims in a legacy version of sims 4 (install legacy version of wicked whims) OR

4- You have incompatible mods installed together with wicked whims (for example sims 4 community library or mods depending on that, wonderful whims etc..., remove those) OR 

5- You have compatible but outdated mods installed together with wicked whims (update your other mods, or remove) OR

6- You have not allowed custom content and script mods in your game settings (allow that) OR

7- You have sims 4 and / or mods installed in cloud storage (reinstall in common hard drive) OR

8- You are using a symbolic link or similar solutions for sims 4 folder or mods folder (do not do that) OR

9- You have installed the mod using a mod manager (Vortex or others), for some incomprehensible reason (uninstall, and reinstall again manually) OR

10- You installed a version of wicked whims that someone gave you or you found in a website other than the official wicked whims website (uninstall, this time download the mod from WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)) OR

11- You batch patched (for example with sims 4 studio) or somehow edited the wicked whims package file (uninstall, and reinstall again, this time do not edit the files). 

12- There is something wrong with your wicked whims settings. Check that everything looks good, especially these settings in the picture below:

348678946_Screenshot2023-04-09222803.png.93473ff38f79390d5c7c137d7022f78e.png2110760143_Screenshot2023-04-09222912.png.97d6a50d23664c04a8a86f4899c7bcb7.png

Check for those things, make sure everything is ok.

If you still have issues AFTER you check all those steps please upload a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (located in sims 4 folder). Do not copy-paste the text, just attach the file.

If that file is not there or if it is empty then start the game, go in live mode, and ww will generate data there. If the file is not there even after you enter the game then go back to step 1 and this time make sure you check all the previous steps. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
  • 2 months later...

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log  I have checked everything in that list but it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled all my cc and mods and reinstalled ww and its animations. It keeps saying that I have 400+ animations installed but 96% are disabled and I disabled 0% in sex anatomy. I have no clue what to do or if I did anything. I've checked my autonomy I've gone to disable animations and none of them is turned on/green. pleaseee help. everything is updated.

56 minutes ago, praisethelord_24 said:

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log  I have checked everything in that list but it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled all my cc and mods and reinstalled ww and its animations. It keeps saying that I have 400+ animations installed but 96% are disabled and I disabled 0% in sex anatomy. I have no clue what to do or if I did anything. I've checked my autonomy I've gone to disable animations and none of them is turned on/green. pleaseee help. everything is updated.

Did you try WW in a fresh save file after deleting all WW saves from 'saves' folder?

Maybe try moving your Sims 4 folder outside of documents > run the game till main menu, so it generates new Sims 4 folder > close game and put only WW and animations + CC required for animations in Mods folder > delete avatarcatche and localthumbnaincatche > test game in brand new save.

Other cause for missing animations might be lack of DLCs that are required for some objects to be used in animations. but generally a big chunk should be showing.

Also a lot of the animations show the info (example under):
Invalid Sex Animation 'Baby Grind On Me' by 'E404P' from using unspecific preferenced gender type.

and might be automatically not read by WW >> Disabled Animations: 0 individually, 432 dynamically..

Maybe try getting more animations from other animators? Like Amra72, MOTHERLODE, Azmodan22, A.Trois, BigBadBunny to check if more animations will be loaded for you.

Cause I have over 11,000 animations and out of that WW doesn't read just a tiny bit (my own WW says Disabled Animations: 0 individually, 87 dynamically) and I do not use animations by either E404P or FruityDelicious.

3 hours ago, praisethelord_24 said:

It worked thank you so much!!!

Great :) 

In my own game I have WW and Inapropriate Unlock in one folder, animations have their own separate folder, all the props needed for WW animations have their own folder and also all body parts for body selector are in separate folder. It makes it easier to maintain and update when needed.

And some animations might be automatically disabled because animators not always correctly tag their animations and it's causing issues. Especially when game gets new things added and then Turbodriver adds new features and animators forget proper tagging or do not update older animations for new things.

This is the case with gender recognition settings. I think I have mine set to recognizing the sex gender (males, females) as it's causing the least issues with animations as possible.