SCAV BABES WIP

View File

So, you are trudging by Arcjet again grossly over encumbered with a crippled leg and you are out of stimpaks for the thousandth time and you look at the building and realize you have absolutely NO good reason to go back inside that "used once for a vanilla BOS Quest" and forgotten NO RESET cell.  Until now. 

The SCAV Babes have arrived in the Commonwealth and they have awesome inventory and caps loosely based upon what you've done in your game to adjust that in any way of course.  For more vendor inventory options I highly recommend DLC Leveled List Integration

#1.  They are all female RE type misc merchants or bartenders and doctors with all the factions necessary to have the proper vendor & doctor dialogue and to keep them from attacking a normal vanilla late game player who didn't destroy the Minutemen.  SO...if you made certain vanilla factions hate you.......live with the result and enjoy the new killing spree they may provide.  Once per play through.  They don't respawn, the cells don't reset and their loot is meh.

#2.  They are protected PC Level-Mult with non-playable Vertibird Miniguns/ammo and most have non-playable unique OP armor to keep them healthy on the roads because they travel on the weekends to designated settlements or other places of general interest OR maybe to a place that nobody goes again unless it was made into a settlement.  (i.e. Vault 114)  Oh, and except for the Doctors.....they don't do business on Saturdays.  It's a spiritual thing.

#3.  Except for ONE special lore friendly doctor in a very special place, they are all using VANILLA settler and minutemen traits which means if YOUR vanilla female settlers and minutemen females are attractive, they will be also.  IF not....well....it's your game, not mine.

#4.  There are 26 of them right now.  One for every letter of the English alphabet.  They mostly inhabit INTERIOR Main Quest/Faction Quest/Side Quest or Companion Quest No Reset cells like ArcJet, Weston Water Treatment Plant, Mass Fusion, GreeneTech Genetics, Cambridge Polymer Labs, Trinity Tower, etc.  A few are in exterior cells that also don't reset in the vanilla game, like Swan's Pond.  One I placed in a place that I always thought needed a friendly face.  Now it has one. 

#5.  With the exception of the special doctor in the special place, IF you don't like the look of the leveled character that the game gave you, open the console, click on the NPC and type, DISABLE <enter>, then ENABLE <enter> (Or just type RecycleActor if you don't mind them showing up naked.)  That will force a new LCHAR face on them from the ones I chose to use.  IF you know your way around F04Edit or the CK you can add to the LCHAR pool I made yourself but I don't  plan to.  SO, if you use Better settlers, patch away!  But remember RE merchants require certain voice types.  For some reason FemaleEvenToned is NOT RE Merchant voiced.  Lazy Bethesda.

#6 .  Since I don't have any fancy mod widgets to help with this, here's an example of a batch file I use with the console to know what day of the week it is, because in my game....almost every NPC has weekends off and then I know if I should try and find them out clubbing or at the beach.

Day.txt
; 0 = Sunday
; 1 = Monday
; 2 = Tuesday
; 3 = Wednesday
; 4 = Thursday
; 5 = Friday
; 6 = Saturday
GetDayofWeek

#7.  DO NOT install and activate this mod immediately with a new game unless you really don't care that there may be random NPC's running around your vanilla quest locations killing your quest NPC's and possibly causing irreparable damage to your quest progression.  As a general guide, If you've made it to END OF THE LINE on the institute side, then every cell I edited should be cleared.  I personally never play past that point in the vanilla quest line but by that time most all of the quest related No Reset cells are already cleared.   You have been warned.  Nuff said.

#8.  FYI - In addition to their weekly "work at editor location & provide services package" each NPC has a "Sandbox @ LinkedRef" AI package for weekends that can easily be "patched" to send them to any persistent ref that you want them to go to.   You would just change the LINKED REF that the in world NPC reference is linked to.  I can tell you that trying to track down unnamed LocCenterRefs for settlements or other locations is a bit....tedious.  BUT....if you have a modded settlement that you want one to go to, then just find a persistent ref for that location to replace the one I gave the in world NPC Ref.  Easy peasy.  They are Minutemen and Workshop NPC's so they WILL help defend your settlements during attacks and they don't count against your settlement population.  I don't plan to change the in world NPC REF records any more so any patch you make will work even if I added more NPC's or gave them different armor or inventory down the road.

#9.  ESP that is an ESL/ESM.  I'd put it as high up in my load order as I could in case I had player made settlement mods which touch the same cells.  I put it above the UF04P.  But I did my best NOT to affect any vanilla location data.  They are all persistent BOSS refs in their own virtual Settlement Location and NO RESET workshop encounter zone.

#10.  Possible unscripted random encounter type FUN can be had by finding a SCAV Babe at their "chill" location on the weekends and waiting till the stroke of midnight on Sunday.  That's when they should start walking back to their work/editor location and if you tag along, you will see what kind of FUN they have on the way that you can join in on.  Yes, a red hot minigun barrel spinning up to make confetti out of feral ghouls or supermutants or raiders/gunners OR Mutant Menagerie fauna is pretty fun to watch and join in on.

#11.  SCAV Dudes instead?  Not how I roll.  BUT....you could easily take my mod and rework it with F04Edit to change the LCHAR list to have male settlers with the appropriate voices, probably MaleBoston & MaleRough, then change their names and BOOM.....SCAV Dudes.  You'd want to face rip the one unique face female doctor and change her record to be male of course or just give her a template and make her use the appropriate traits of a male NPC record instead.  ALTHOUGH, there is a specific LORE friendly reason why she's a she.  You'll understand whenever you find her.  IF you wanted BOTH mods at the same time, just copy my ESP someplace and rename it, then use F04Edit to CHANGE all the FormID's just to be safe, then make your changes to THAT esp and BOOM.  Best of both worlds I guess.  No scripts to worry about and the game doesn't care if two NPC's spawn on top of each other so you wouldn't even have to move any of their in world refs.  You are only limited by your imagination and skill with the tools Bethesda & other generous modders have provided.  If you DO decide to go to all that trouble and decide you want to upload the mod please let me know and I'll probably give you permission to do so as long as I'm sure your mod won't bork mine.  Feel me?

OOPS.....Forgot Credits - 

xStrawberryEclair for Veronika 2.0 - Strawberry's High Poly Face Preset https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/69346 (Removed everything non-vanilla including the head but I needed a fresh face.)

ElminsterAU and the xEdit Team for F04Edit - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/

Bethesda for the game and CK.

JTesmer for the cool wigs in the screenshots:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24557

Contest cancelled due to lack of interest.

0SS_FO4_2023495.jpg

0SS_FO4_2023494.jpg

0SS_FO4_2023493.jpg

2023-03-31 07_57_02-Greenshot.png

20 hours ago, Sirgod said:

Ok, Gonna try this out of course, But I have to ask, where did you get those hair pieces for them? I love the two toned colors you show in the screen shot. 

Again, this is a great idea . Brings a bit of replay to other areas.

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm not getting any notification that someone has posted to the support page for some reason.  Anyway to answer your question, Zella's Pastel Ombre Wigs