SLTools - How to modify the Scene Tags - Updated

SLTools - How to modify the Scene Tags - Updated

View File

Instructions to modify Scene Tags within SexLab Tools with an Hex Editor

Based upon Sexlab tools for SE (Patched) 3.0.0

A PDF giving simple instructions on how to modify the tags to your liking, with a Hex Editor. Alas this method has some limitations, but it's still better than nothing, especially since the mod is seriously outdated with the actual animations. Still, thanks to Goubo for this exceptional tool.

On the initial version, I provided a modified "POSSMainScr.pex", you can see the results in above images, but since Goubo never responded to my approval demand, I prefer to provide a how-to, so you can choose your own tags. 

Hoping this will help others.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/21/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab tools for SE (Patched) 3.0.0
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by PTC_001
Updating
1 hour ago, rmd1718 said:

This is a godsend, is it possible this would work on LE?

I believe it does, but I am unable to test it, I have uninstalled LE many years ago. If you could, or anyone else, confirm it.

Cheers!

I haven't even remotely looked at this mod yet, but I'm a little curious (maybe I'm just not understanding), why the hex editor? Just use champollion to decompile the script and edit it as you please?

Spoiler

I think you're about to say... Doh!

16 minutes ago, blippyp said:

I haven't even remotely looked at this mod yet, but I'm a little curious (maybe I'm just not understanding), why the hex editor? Just use champollion to decompile the script and edit it as you please?

Hide contents

Even better, read the tag list from a json file, and then anyone can customize their tag list any way they want.

14 minutes ago, blippyp said:

Reveal hidden contents

Goubo has provided the PSC, so there is no need to decompile. I may be wrong, I don't have much experience with Papyrus.

The problems came with the recompiling, there were over 700 errors. This script is calling many third parties, that were not indicated in the requirements, I managed to squish few of them by placing those external PSC in Source folder, trying compilation with 4 tools (including CK itself), but I was stopped by SL Frameworks, the PSC were present, but the errors about a multitude of factors were displayed (mostly scaling, but scaling what?), and honestly, that was way, way beyond my abilities. 

Another fact. SL Tools was not updated in many years, the scripts dating from 2015, where all the tags are encoded. Correct me again, but I never found another modification, and I'm pretty sure few people have tried to enhance this amazing tool, and they surely hit a wall.

Still waiting a response from Goubo,  but last connection is in 2021...

2 hours ago, PTC_001 said:

The problems came with the recompiling, there were over 700 errors.

This thread may help:

Seems the PapyrusUtil attachment was removed (you could ask OsmelMC for a copy) but what i was doing previously is reverting to SexLab Utility Plus v20220319 for recompiling POSSMainScr.

Though having PapyrusUtil (perhaps extender as well), SkyUI SDK 5.1 from LE  and standard SexLab framework should be enough.

12 hours ago, PTC_001 said:

I believe it does, but I am unable to test it, I have uninstalled LE many years ago. If you could, or anyone else, confirm it.

Cheers!

It works! All the tags are updated! I switched the files manually though. Didn't test it through a mod manager. Thanks again.

23 minutes ago, rmd1718 said:

It works! All the tags are updated! I switched the files manually though. Didn't test it through a mod manager. Thanks again.

Thank you so much mate, I will update the description saying it's working with LE.