All the new, shiny things

Hi everyone, I haven't modded Skyrim since 2018 or so and was planning on going back. I've already gotten all the basics from "A Dragonborn's Guide", but that guide doesn't go into body replacers and other beauty mods (understandable, it's a minimalistic guide). So I've been browsing around Nexus and I must say, I've been taken aback by the huge variety of new things (bodies, animation, etc.) to the point of having ended up a bit confused.

First of all, apparently FNIS is now deprecated. A lot of people tell me to switch to this new plugin called "Nemesis". Is that true? Should I switch to it despite XPMSE still having FNIS as a requirement?

Second, what's exactly the difference between BHUNP, 3BA and UUNP? Is this like the old UNP vs CBBE vs 7Base situation from Oldrim? What would be the best one for a curvy-muscular build?

And thirdly, what would be your personal recommendation for a beauty (faces) mod?

Thanks a lot for the help.

FNIS still valid, the big discussion seems to be number of animations. I have FNIS with dynamic animation replacer. Nemesis seems to be if the animation limit is concern, and then you might want to look at OSex, as that allows more interaction choices and changes of pace but mostly default to 2 person encounters. 

try https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/jr5ubi?tab=Mods for some ideas and a Nemesis build.

13 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

FNIS still valid, the big discussion seems to be number of animations. I have FNIS with dynamic animation replacer. Nemesis seems to be if the animation limit is concern, and then you might want to look at OSex, as that allows more interaction choices and changes of pace but mostly default to 2 person encounters. 

try https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/jr5ubi?tab=Mods for some ideas and a Nemesis build.

I'll try that. Thanks.