Studio/Photoroom/Scene Background Mods, Anyone?

SPOILER: I just had to replace my d3dx.ini with the one found here. Not the 3dmigoto download, just the .ini file (scroll down a bit).
That's all, Photoroom BG Swapper works fine now. THANK YOU DOSDOS!

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a good background mod for photos. I'm using Venus Vacation Mod Manager 1.4 which keeps a mod "Photoroom BG Swapper" in its online archive. I don't know if the mod is just outdated, but it doesn't work very well for me, and I'm not able to remove the actual stage [Screenshot 1 + 2]. The mod is active though, but it just doesn't work right (check screenshots). This is a pity as looking at screenshots of the mod (in working condition), it's exactly what I'm looking for.

I've tried "Take_me_off_the_island" by sarsha043033 as an alternative, but it's not ideal either. The lighting in half the scene (in front of the girl) appears darker than the rest [Screenshot 3]. I edited one of the backgrounds to be just solid white and it just does not look nice, the shading is not at all correct, Am I just doing something wrong with this mod?

So yeah, if anyone has any good background replacement mods that you'd recommend ~ PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ?

20230318015452_1.jpg

20230318015504_1.jpg

20230318020635_1.jpg

Edited by shapefan
Added solution
On 3/18/2023 at 5:01 AM, DOSDOS said:

I am using the same mod and it seems to be working fine in my environment.
How about replacing the d3dx.ini?
image.thumb.jpeg.46f82858d03331a9bb3e52cf2636a347.jpeg

Alright, I tried cleaning my install and reinstalling only the base mod and the background swapper and it's still doing the same thing. Also ran it in 4K in stead of the usual 1080p (everything else set to max) and I tried F7, F10 and Ctrl+Alt+F10 with no success. I've tried downloading the d3dx.ini (and the other base mod files) from LoversLab, Github and through the mod manager itself, but the background mod only seems to "work" at all using the mod manager one. Strangely, my game won't even launch using the full latest base mod from Github, but using only the d3dx.ini combined with an older base mod works - but then the background mod (or its hotkeys) stop functioning entirely.

I'm on Steam btw, so if you're on DMM maybe that's something to do with it? Otherwise could you share your d3dx.ini or where you got yours, because I'm stumped...

PS: I've also only been downloading the background mod through the mod manager. Is that where you installed it from it too?

Edited by shapefan