Nifskope texturing problem

Havoc-X

Hi all. Firstly i know this is the wrong section, but for some reason i cant start a topic in the skyrim support section, it takes me to the sign in page (even though i already am) and simply kicks me out after i enter my details. Sorry about the wrong section but if a moderator could move it to the correct section, i'd appreciate that.

Anyway, on with the question :), lets start at the beginning.

I was browsing the nexus and recently found this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7584/?

Unfortunately it simply overrides the characters default skin texture, i dont want that, im trying to apply it to a specific armor.

What i have tried already:

-Made a separate folder in textures and copied the files

-Added the folder to nifskope under Render>Settings

-Selected the BSSshaderTextureSet and replaced the 4 files inside with the ones in my folder.

The texture appears in nifskope as well as the creation kit but does not appear in game.

-Tried adding a node NiTexturing property and added it as a base texture, this resulted in a giant red ! triangle.

I was hoping some experienced person in nifskope could point in the right direction. My modding experience is limited though, i can mess with nifskope and the CK, but thats about it, no blender knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

You Should do it in the CK.

1. Make a folder "leggings" in the skyrim texture folder and put the .dds from the mod there.

2. Open the CK and load the armour mods .esp.

3. Create a texture set by duplicating one that is already there and point to the textures in your "leggings" folder.

a0y1znws283vl937g.jpg

4. Go to the armours AA and point to the texture set you just made.

8fe9mkkzkrc6acg7g.jpg

5. Save.

You Should do it in the CK.

1. Make a folder "leggings" in the skyrim texture folder and put the .dds from the mod there.

2. Open the CK and load the armour mods .esp.

3. Create a texture set by duplicating one that is already there and point to the textures in your "leggings" folder.

a0y1znws283vl937g.jpg

4. Go to the armours AA and point to the texture set you just made.

8fe9mkkzkrc6acg7g.jpg

5. Save.

That worked, thanks alot !!

Believe it or not, this has already pretty much been done (and then some) for you if you're a user of RaceMenu. There's a plugin, found here, that'll allow you to apply any one of three types of leggings (wool, chainmail, latex), as well as a variety of other textures that mimic pieces of clothing, in virtually any color of your choosing in-game. And it doesn't even take up an armor slot -- it can be worn with absolutely anything. There's even an optional file that optimizes it for your body of choice (UNP or, in your case, CBBE).

Believe it or not, this has already pretty much been done for you if you're a user of RaceMenu. There's a plugin, found here, that'll allow you to apply any one of three types of leggings (wool, chainmail, latex), as well as a variety of other textures that mimic pieces of clothing, in absolutely any color of your choosing in-game. And it doesn't even take up an armor slot -- it can be worn with absolutely anything. There's even an optional file that optimizes it for your body of choice (UNP or, in your case, CBBE).

Thanks, i will definitely give that a try. Cant believe i didnt find this sooner, seriously, thanks :)

Archived