Things to do in Sims 4 when waiting for mod updates

Since there is so much panic and frustration because of many mods broken, and people cannot play with their favorite mods, I thought it would be a nice idea to give suggestions for things you can do in sims 4 even when your mods are broken. Maybe that will give people things to do while waiting (other than playing other games of course ?)

- You can play vanilla sims.... No i am just kidding, don't do that ?

- You can try something new you have not tried before: Maybe you have never played as a mermaid, or as a vampire, or as a spellcaster. Maybe you have never tried the detective career or the lawyer career. Why not giving it a try? Maybe you like it and will continue with that in your proper save once your favorite mods are updated. 

- Create new sims or improve the sims already in your world. I personally love to create new sims, but it takes a lot of time. Why not taking the opportunity now to make a few nice sims, save them in your gallery, and have them ready for when you continue in your usual save?

- Create or improve lots. I personally am very bad at building, but if you like it or are any good at it, why not taking the opportunity to make a few awesome lots and maybe sharing them with the community? Or improve the lots you have, save them to your library and have them ready to place in your save. 

- Try new mods that are updated or created after the last patch. Most creators not only upgrade their mods for the patch, but take the opportunity to add improvements and additions. Many also create new amazing mods after every patch, why not trying a few new mods, maybe you will find something you like and could add to your game. There are thousands of mods for the sims 4, i am sure you do not know about all of them and maybe your next "favorite mod" is out there waiting for you to give it a try ?.

- Give modding a try. Do you have a nice idea for a mod or custom content, and it does not exist? Why don't trying to learn a little bit about how to mod the game? You can start with small things. Not only will you learn a lot about how the game works, which will help you solve bugs and glitches by your self, but maybe you will find it entertaining (i do ?).

If you have other suggestions feel free to post it, try to keep it nice ?

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
4 minutes ago, wild_guy said:
What's the problem? Just don't update the game and keep playing as before until all the mods you need are updated, very simple.

Sorry, but there is a trap there. When you are online, usually when you play, the EA app will ask for an update. If you don't get past that, people will think they can't play Sims 4. (I've been there myself)

And this text is for people like me who don't understand offline or are stupid enough to understand the mod system in the first place.

26 minutes ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

Sorry, but there is a trap there. When you are online, usually when you play, the EA app will ask for an update. If you don't get past that, people will think they can't play Sims 4. (I've been there myself)

And this text is for people like me who don't understand offline or are stupid enough to understand the mod system in the first place.

Well, I don't know what to say then. This happens just every patch, I always read multiple warnings everywhere about going offline and wait for mod updates if you don't wanna play without them, but still there are always people who probably read nothing or too dumb to understand that mods as a rule require update after patch. They just update the game immediately and then start whining and spamming stupid LEs about nothing working.
So what can one say here? That's only their own problem.

Edited by wild_guy

I’m biding my time by re-building the Blue Velvet Lounge in Willow Creek into a sex clinic. My plan is for Dom Sims to send their subs to be medically inspected on the Get to Work hospital equipment. Probably been done before but I’m obvs not going online to look for medical sex animations but hopefully by the time I’m done WW will be ready to go!

Since the infant update was coming, I was sure to "make" a bunch of newborns. So all the sex crazed Sims are now having dream weddings, raising babies, and expanding their homes to fit all the cribs and high chairs.

I also took the time to fix all the weirdly dressed Teens that were running around after aging up.

13 hours ago, Fragnarok said:

Since the infant update was coming, I was sure to "make" a bunch of newborns. So all the sex crazed Sims are now having dream weddings, raising babies, and expanding their homes to fit all the cribs and high chairs.

I also took the time to fix all the weirdly dressed Teens that were running around after aging up.

I've got two sims pregnant myself but after watching KandidlyKayla try to play with one baby & FIVE Infants AT THE SAME TIME on Twitch (And their mother running herself RAGGED & ON THE BRINK OF DEATH due to BARELY being able to meet HER OWN needs & having to resort to hiring a nanny to help her), I'm GLAD I kept the number DOWN because as soon they age up to Infant, I'm uploading them to my "Adoption Exchange" on The Gallery where *I hope at least) I'll be able to move them over to Xbox where they can havce a normal childhood :D