๐ŸŽต ๐“๐€๐˜ ๐“๐• ๐ŸŽต Taylor Swift Music TV Channel Mod (SFW)

๐ŸŽต ๐“๐€๐˜ ๐“๐• ๐ŸŽต Taylor Swift Music TV Channel Mod (SFW)

View File

ย 

header-v2.png.308b1e1ad522c91e3d9f8860aabfcd50.png

TAY TV is a mod that overrides the base game Music TV channel, and replaces it with a channel playing Taylor Swift music videos.
The mod is SFW, it contains no nudity or any other kinds of 18+ adult material.

ย 

How to install:

1. Download theย [swiftee]_TAY-TV_MusicTVchannel_playlist.package file, and put it in your Mods folder.
  2. Download any number of MVPACK*.package filesย and put them in your Mods folder.
    (you don't need to download all, you can just get your faves, but download at least one, otherwise the channel will be just blank)

About some features:

• I removed the Super Reception upgrade requirement from the original Music TV channel, so you can watch this version on any non upgraded TV, but if you want your sims to be able to select and watch this channel autonomously, you will still need to upgrade the TV to have Super Reception.
  • The watch time for the channel is based on certain likes/dislikes and sim traits.
    If your sim likes the Pop or Americana music genres or has the Music Lover trait, then they will watch the channel for significantly longer... but we all know that haters gonna hate (hate hate hate hate hate), so if your sim specifically dislikes those two genres, then they will voice their disapproval and tune out pretty quick.

ย 

These are the music videos that are available for download at the moment:

... also some Taylor specific TV adverts:

ย 

I will add more videos in the future...

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/15/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Base Game

38 minutes ago, genericuser27 said:

Any chance you could share your sim used in the pictures as Taylor? That looks so excellent!

Not my creation, I got her from TSR. And yes, I agree, she does look excellent.ย ?
Don't forget to download all the required CCs & meshes listed in the Creator Notes as well, otherwise she won't look that good.ย 

ย 

30 minutes ago, ProximaMidnight said:

Any chance we could ever see some of her live performances included at some point?

Sure. Could do some but first I'd like to add all the official MVs.
Do you have any particular song performance from a show in mind?

45 minutes ago, Swiftee said:

Do you have any particular song performance from a show in mind?

ย 

Probably Ready For It and Blank Space from the Reputation tour if I had to narrow it down to just two.

ย 

Also I love that you changed the little emotion symbols to Taylor. Just a small thing that I appreciate!

Edited by ProximaMidnight
7 hours ago, _TANK_ said:

Good job! Feel free to use 720p and 30fps in your videos though, its possible. Just keep the audio channel at mono, for smaller files.

ย 

Hi!

ย 

Thanks for the tip, I did try 720p out, albeit at 24fps and not 30 - as that't the native fps for most of her MVs - but the output files are too large for my taste, usually 2.5-3 times larger then the format I use now... Like, sure, it looks better, but that's such a massive increase... My computer also takes its sweet time transcoding into 720p (so slooooow), so just the thought of re-doing the transcoding and testing for the 20 MVs I've already uploaded is giving me some PTSD, lol, so there's that as well.

ย 

Audio-wise, I'm already using a compressed 22050Hz Mono format, there is not really any room for space saving there.

ย 

So I think I will just stick to the present format of resolution and fps for future vids as well.

But thanks again for trying to help!ย โค๏ธ

2 hours ago, Swiftee said:

ย 

Hi!

ย 

Thanks for the tip, I did try 720p out, albeit at 24fps and not 30 - as that't the native fps for most of her MVs - but the output files are too large for my taste, usually 2.5-3 times larger then the format I use now... Like, sure, it looks better, but that's such a massive increase... My computer also takes its sweet time transcoding into 720p (so slooooow), so just the thought of re-doing the transcoding and testing for the 20 MVs I've already uploaded is giving me some PTSD, lol, so there's that as well.

ย 

Audio-wise, I'm already using a compressed 22050Hz Mono format, there is not really any room for space saving there.

ย 

So I think I will just stick to the present format of resolution and fps for future vids as well.

But thanks again for trying to help!ย โค๏ธ

ย 

I havent noticed any big file size difference between 15fps and higher fps. Like a 100-200Kb difference, which is no biggie. I mentioned the possibility of doing 720p and higher fps, because i have seen that people are still using the 15fps/low quality profile when making videos, which they read in a forum in 2015. But things have changed since then so i thought i might share what i have experimented on.

The audio channel thing makes a huge difference in file size so yes, its good you went for mono channel (can use the 8k Hz for even lower file sizes though)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, fanyudexin said:

ไฝ ๆ˜ฏๅฆๅ…่ฎธๆˆ‘ไปฌๅฐ†ๅ…ถๅˆถไฝœๆˆNSFW็‰ˆๆœฌๅ‘ข๏ผŸ
Would you give us permission to make it NSFW?

Something must be lost to translation because I don't understand what you mean by this.

Alongside the new added MVs, I also updated theย [swiftee]_TAY-TV_MusicTVchannel_playlist.packageย file to v1.1.

Now the watch time for the channel is based on certain likes/dislikes and sim traits.
If your sim likes theย Popย orย Americana music genresย or has theย Music Lover trait,ย then they will watch the channel for significantly longer... but we all know that haters gonna hateย (hate hate hate hate), so if your sim specifically dislikes those two genres, then they will voice their disapproval and tune out pretty quick.ย ?

• Swiftee changed the title to TAY TV --- a Taylor Swift Music TV Channel Mod (SFW)