[Mod][XCL] Bar drugging [0.19]

[XCL] Bar drugging [0.19]

Non consent mod with random pill spikings and unique sex scenes. More events happen depending on how many times you've been spiked.

Features:

9 unique sex scenes when in the bar (Spiking can occur whether you are male or female).
6 sex scenes with custom minigames and videos.
Spikings with multiple different kind of pills.
Support for two modes of play: Long term variety where it happens infrequently or 'give me everything now'.
Small story line.

WARNING: contains non consent and in some cases consensual non-consent. Requires non consent to be turned on in game settings

If you find any bugs be sure to report them (preferably on the official discord). 
If you want to help write scenes (I'm thinking the english parts not the code part) please contact me on the official discord.

Installation:

Install using XCL Mod Loader. Do not extract the zip file but add it directly to the mod loader. There is no need to install both standard and HQ, both versions are entirely selfcontained.

Shouldn't conflict with other mods as it uses a passage tag when leaving bar and is otherwise a new scene. Some other selfish mods might interfere, so that not all events happens, if they overwrite main game passages.

Be AWARE that there currently is an issue with the modloader and mods that uses certain metafile settings (like bar drug) have an issue where you can't update mods without deleting them first.

Requirements:

Wait game with progressbar is now a requirement for this mod and will also have to be installed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Has a semi rare chance of happening when character is new, has had 'some' sex as a guy or if character has a high feminity. Has a higher chance of occuring if it has never happened before.

Note that your character will have radically different reactions to what is going on depending on their identity.

For ladies in the bar spiking will only occur if they've had something to drink, however in 'more spikings' mode it doesn't care about such trivialities.

Please note that the story only progresses after the main character have been drugged a few times.

For modders:

Bar drug extensions:

So you've wanted to make a spike event but can't be bothered to write everything to set it up? Look no further!

With the new bar drug extensions it is now possible to write your own event that will be added to the bar drug event queue. These events will be selected amongst themselves randomly when a bar drug spiking occurs. Meaning all you have to focus on is the actual event and none of the setup. Futhermore bar drugging is only based on passages meaning that your written event will not conflict with other mods.

So how do I do this? All you have to do is simply to write a passage with the [bardrugspiking] tag. If the player have bardrugging installed it will then automatically get added to the queue.

Details:
Two useful commands for writing your own code
$location - gives you the location where the spiking occurred
$bardrugorigin - gives you the reason for why the spiking occurred, ie: the passage tag there were used to get here. Currently possibilities are bar_exit, bar_options, bar_sex_exit, club_options and club_exit

If you write a full fledged event a good idea (basically required unless you do similar stuff in your own code) would be to end with a call to "bar drug end" to ensure the spiking is finished properly and that everything are in a state the main game can work with.

Example:

Here's how I added an x tra pill to the event queue:
:: bar drug xtra spiking [bardrugspiking]
{
    (if:$character's "gender" is "female")[
        <div class='options'>
            (link:"Help!")[(set:$next to "bar drug backroom insert")(display:"change screen")](display:"safeword button")
        </div>
    ]
    (else:)[
        (set:$select to "X-Tra Strength")
        (set:$take_card_disabled to "bar drug backroom take card replacement")
        Suddenly you feel as if your world is turning upside down, the strange drug runs through your system, changing you at every level.
        (display:"spike transform")
        (set:$take_card_disabled to 0)
    ]
}

As the spiking can accour both as male and female it is necessary to check for gender if your current pill only works for one gender. The female code is basically just proceed with a normal female spiking as there is nothing special this event can do for females.
The first line of the else part sets the pill type. The rest are just that continues the normal bar drugging event but with an x-tra pill instead of the default basic. You can see this passage does not end with a call to "bar drug end" because the event continues in other tags. However at the very end it does indeed end with that.

The file in the bardrug release called DifferentSpikings.twee contains 2 larger examples of this.

Edited by portinari

Does this add different varieties of pills? Adding the breeder version for example might be interesting.

EDIT it does do this but as rare as the event can be its apparently even more rare for Breeder. I used Notepad to mess with the odds.

Edited by Vuulgar
10 hours ago, Syra2 said:

Dont know how to edit here, but after deactivating all other addons it startet, so it seems it does collide with an other addon, just need to find out which one

Through experimenting a bit I have found the Exhibition mod to block this when you have the perk and really Exhibition seems to cause other issues for me.

11 hours ago, Syra2 said:

Dont know how to edit here, but after deactivating all other addons it startet, so it seems it does collide with an other addon, just need to find out which one

Sorry didn't actually know there were forums posts about this mod.

Regarding this issue the latest version (1.2.1) mitigate it somewhat. However the biggest issue with this is in the actual game. This will be fixed in the next version of the game. But for now mods that listens to the same location exit passage, like exhibitionist that listens to them all and bar drug that listens to bar exit can sometimes interfere with each other.

Edited by portinari
On 3/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Syra2 said:

i am at day 161 right now, every day visting the pub, nothing happens, you should work on the chances . they are reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy rare.

You will be happy to see that the latest patch makes this occur a lot more. 

2 hours ago, Ecuy said:

Any chance of getting the option to adjust the event chance in-game, or through an ini file or something? Or does XCL's framework not support that very well?

No ini file but you can always adjust the twee file in notepad. Note, however, that there are a few conditions that need to fullfilled for it to happen.

You need to either not a lot of experience as a girl, have slept with a lot of girls or have a decent amount of feminity.

Thanks for the mod, the risk adds a risk the game is kind of lacking so far. With 122 and 123 I have been running with everything off so I can just sleep, exit bar over and over. I get usually 3 events in the first 20 days as "I love the new ones!" but after I can get to the 100s of days with no more occurrences. If I enable the everyone wants to fertilize you option, I start getting events again. Is the only way to advance through taking bar girls home? 

Also, I was playing around with Notepad to see what I can affect with incredibly sparse knowledge as to what I am doing. I messed with changing some of the dialogue but the game still plays the old version...example, I changed all the "I love the new ones!" lines to verify it works and the game still plays "I love the new ones!". What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Vuulgar said:

Thanks for the mod, the risk adds a risk the game is kind of lacking so far. With 122 and 123 I have been running with everything off so I can just sleep, exit bar over and over. I get usually 3 events in the first 20 days as "I love the new ones!" but after I can get to the 100s of days with no more occurrences. If I enable the everyone wants to fertilize you option, I start getting events again. Is the only way to advance through taking bar girls home? 

Also, I was playing around with Notepad to see what I can affect with incredibly sparse knowledge as to what I am doing. I messed with changing some of the dialogue but the game still plays the old version...example, I changed all the "I love the new ones!" lines to verify it works and the game still plays "I love the new ones!". What am I missing?

As I wrote just above there are 3 instances in which the event occurs. You need to either not have a lot of experience as a girl (<4), have slept with a lot of girls(>6) or have a decent amount of feminity (40 to be exact). If any of those cases are true you have approximately 1/3 chance of getting the event when being male and leaving the bar. Breeder option on have no bearing on whether you get the event, only what type of pill you might get.

In order to change how the twee file works you'd have to make the change and then add it again in the modloader and then reload mods.

Edited by portinari
2 hours ago, portinari said:

As I wrote just above there are 3 instances in which the event occurs. You need to either not have a lot of experience as a girl (<4), have slept with a lot of girls(>6) or have a decent amount of feminity (40 to be exact). If any of those cases are true you have approximately 1/3 chance of getting the event when being male and leaving the bar. Breeder option on have no bearing on whether you get the event, only what type of pill you might get.

In order to change how the twee file works you'd have to make the change and then add it again in the modloader and then reload mods.

Great, thanks for the info and your time.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ravenger6660 said:

2 things I am not very satisfied with is:

The use of a basic pill. I think it should be a X-Tra Strength but setting pill timer to 24 hours (set:$pill_timer to 4)

When second guy "shows up" he just give a facial, no sex, and no creampie.

I made some edits to your mod so you can see.

BarDrug 1.2.3.twee 45.67 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the feedback. However the 1.2.3 stuff aren't set in stone as such but won't be a focus of change in this next release.

Really enjoying the mod and glad to see more story getting added for it but with the new 1.3b content are there any special requirements needed to trigger it like specific side effects or ratings (femininity or identity etc) or which character you are playing as

I'm also using the new easy bardrug mod and went to the bar about a dozen times and only got the normal content each time

41 minutes ago, ashylnn79 said:

Really enjoying the mod and glad to see more story getting added for it but with the new 1.3b content are there any special requirements needed to trigger it like specific side effects or ratings (femininity or identity etc) or which character you are playing as

I'm also using the new easy bardrug mod and went to the bar about a dozen times and only got the normal content each time

There is an unfortunate error in 1.3b preventing it from happening more than once. The bug have been found and squashed. I'm not sure when or if I will update before the full release.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:46 AM, Ecuy said:

Any chance of getting the option to adjust the event chance in-game, or through an ini file or something? Or does XCL's framework not support that very well?

I am adding a special type of passage tag so that mods can easily insert config options into the game's menu, similar to the MCM. It will be coming next release.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:32 PM, ashylnn79 said:

Oh and as an addendum to my answer above: Identity will 'vastly' change what and how your character experience the events of this mod.

• portinari changed the title to [XCL][Mod] Bar drugging

Very cool to see this updated, thanks!

I'm wondering about the frequency, though, because even with the frequency on "easy" (or whatever it is for the old "easy bar drugging" mod functionality) it only happened twice, and then nothing for something like 3 weeks. Which is where I left off, so it still hasn't happened again. Does RNGesus just hate me, or is something up? It was odd enough I wanted to mention it, at any rate, in case it is something you need to know about.

That character is sitting at a 73 masc and 90 identity, and still somewhat reluctant; I think it's "you feel slightly nervous about taking this pill" that's the highest I can select still.

I don't think rngesus hates you. Besides the check (which is super easy with it on) the mod also does a basic motivation check. For male character and with more spikings it is if the character is new to being a woman (few times sex as a woman), is feminine (30 or more)  or is a ladies man(Slept with more than 4 ladies). It might be some of those issues you run into. Reluctance does not factor into this.

Yeah, sounds like maybe I'm a bit shy of the thresholds you've set. I started as an average dude and have had sex with a couple of the girls at the bar, but that's it. I think I somehow managed to get stuck in some weird limbo somehow between all the values. Maybe they need some tweaking, or maybe a "streak breaker"? Say the percentage goes up every time you visit the bar, to a cap, then when the event triggers it goes back to the base chance? That would help to ensure the story will progress.

Thanks for the reply and for continuing to work on this great mod. Now we just need Bar Whore to get updated while we wait for the game proper to start getting some more non-consensual oriented material built in! ;)

Edited by LTD
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason the MP4 to the Dumb, Petite and Auction scenes doesn´t show properly ingame ... just audio, no video ...

Windows Mediaplayer doesn´t play them at all ... VCL Player shows them without issues ...

The icon to the files differs from the ones of the base game ...

Any ideas to the cause ... or a workaround ?

XCL Bardrug - MP4.png

Is modifying the mod to make it Dubiously consensual and posting in this thread or in downloads something that would be ok with you OP? I'd like it for the rapist to sarcastically ask,"Do you mind me fucking that gorgeous body of yours?" and Character answers by saying,"Please use me and use me till I'm pregnant dear sir." while she takes off clothing.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:12 PM, HamUnDo said:

For some reason the MP4 to the Dumb, Petite and Auction scenes doesn´t show properly ingame ... just audio, no video ...

Windows Mediaplayer doesn´t play them at all ... VCL Player shows them without issues ...

The icon to the files differs from the ones of the base game ...

Any ideas to the cause ... or a workaround ?

XCL Bardrug - MP4.png

Hmm this sounds odd. Are you using the normal or the HQ version of bar drug? It's just standard mp4 files but since VLC can play them I assume it's some codec issue. But I haven't heard of any others having that problem.