Hi all, the final thing I want to do in my current build is add some of the added creatures to the Creature Framework (in the same way as Bad Dogs SIC or Demonic Creatures). I've downloaded both mods and been having a poke around but I am hoping someone can point me towards some documentation on how to do this. I have already made the aroused meshes, just not sure where to go from here.

1 hour ago, MattTheRagdoll said:

Hi all, the final thing I want to do in my current build is add some of the added creatures to the Creature Framework (in the same way as Bad Dogs SIC or Demonic Creatures). I've downloaded both mods and been having a poke around but I am hoping someone can point me towards some documentation on how to do this. I have already made the aroused meshes, just not sure where to go from here.

CF activates through json files located in the "creatures.d" directory.

1) Grab a json from another CF mod (MNC, Bad Dog's, etc)

2) Rename the file to Some abbreviation for your mod.  I will use "MTRCF" for your mod in this example.

3) Inside the file, change "modID" to "MTR" (or whatever)

4) Change "ModName" to whatever your mod is named, like "Matt's CF Mod" <-- this is what will show up in the MCM for the creature options.

5) Each creature you want to use needs an entry.  The entries need the following:

• "skinName" : What shows up in the MCM for this specific skin.
  • "raceName" : The heading this skin is found in in the MCM.
  • "normalArmor" : this is the creature's default "armored skin", This is mainly for creatures that have both naked and half-naked models, like some rieklings.  For unclothed animals, you can just leave this as null.
  • "arousedArmor" : as the name implies, this is the hard version of the creature
  • "raceForm" : what race this skin is meant to be used with
  • "skinForm" : the normal default skin of this creature, usually defined in the race record or the NPC record if it is a unique skin.

These entries are formatted to look for the mod name ("Skyrim.esm", "Dawnguard.esm", etc), and then the form ID of the armor record or race.  Use only the last 6 digits.

6) Make sure the naked armors has the CFAroused keyword from CF.  Same with the CFNormal keyword on the non-aroused armors.

Run the json through a json validator to make sure you didn't screw it up.  Turn on the "log to console" option in Creature Framework so you can see what is happening and it should give a hint as to what might be wrong.

Edited by Seijin8
2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

2) Rename the file to Some abbreviation for your mod.  I will use "MTRCF" for your mod in this example.

4) Change "ModName" to whatever your mod is named, like "Matt's CF Mod" <-- this is what will show up in the MCM for the creature options.

5) Each creature you want to use needs an entry.  The entries need the following:

• "normalArmor" : this is the creature's default "armored skin", This is mainly for creatures that have both naked and half-naked models, like some rieklings.  For unclothed animals, you can just leave this as null.
  • "arousedArmor" : as the name implies, this is the hard version of the creature
  • "skinForm" : the normal default skin of this creature, usually defined in the race record or the NPC record if it is a unique skin.

These entries are formatted to look for the mod name ("Skyrim.esm", "Dawnguard.esm", etc), and then the form ID of the armor record or race.  Use only the last 6 digits.

6) Make sure the naked armors has the CFAroused keyword from CF.  Same with the CFNormal keyword on the non-aroused armors.

Run the json through a json validator to make sure you didn't screw it up.  Turn on the "log to console" option in Creature Framework so you can see what is happening and it should give a hint as to what might be wrong.

This is exactly the help I needed! Thanks man really appreciate you taking the time. I'll have a crack at it tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:03 PM, Seijin8 said:

Hey,

So I got my first creature mod working! Just a simple port of the Tera wolf mount into a summonable hentai creature! Currently working on some more ambitious stuff, namely integrating all of the new undead enemies from Draugr upgrades and improvements.

Had one last question for you, for writing the code in the Json file which digits should I include in the following example?

image.png.fcd2224cad54695007ab6176564c3105.png

It feels like since FE0E8 is part of the identifier it should just be the last 3 digits (so in this case 80E), is that correct?

Thanks again man!

Matt

Edited by MattTheRagdoll
On 3/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, MattTheRagdoll said:

Hey,

So I got my first creature mod working! Just a simple port of the Tera wolf mount into a summonable hentai creature! Currently working on some more ambitious stuff, namely integrating all of the new undead enemies from Draugr upgrades and improvements.

Had one last question for you, for writing the code in the Json file which digits should I include in the following example?

image.png.fcd2224cad54695007ab6176564c3105.png

It feels like since FE0E8 is part of the identifier it should just be the last 3 digits (so in this case 80E), is that correct?

Thanks again man!

Matt

(In your example, it seems like it is being set up as an esl?  I have no idea how/if that would work.  CF was made for LE, and that didn't use esls.  Maybe the SE version can, but I haven't investigated it.  The following explanation assumes a normal esp style plugin.)

Always drop the first two digits -- those are determined dynamically by your load order.

In the entires, the layout is basically:

"normalArmor": "__formdata|Follower Patch.esp|0x001FA3

Which means:

"the creature's normal armor with the CFNormalArmor keyword": __ has the formID of|whatever first two digits are in the Follower Patch.esp load order|after those first two digits, add 001FA3 to get the rest.

So if Follower Patch.esp is load order B5, then the form ID would be B5001FA3.