CTD when going places beyond riverwood

12 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

Im not on SE, but I felt curious about crash logger so I looked at it and felt my version of dumb, didnt understand shitz but I seen you load order in there and you should move skeleton(xpmse) that is just under MNC to just above MNC, dont know if that is part of your current problem but should be done either way. 

Will give it a go and will give a shout on how it goes thanks for the advice!

Still smells like a skeleton problem. More specifically, a spriggan skeleton that has a reference to old HDT PE. Since PE is mentioned, it could be an LE mesh. Those may work on SE/AE, but I've also seen them CTD.

If you're having trouble locating the file, use something like Notepad++ and search for "Spriggan" in all files named "skeleton.nif". This can be automated.

3 minutes ago, traison said:

Still smells like a skeleton problem. More specifically, a spriggan skeleton that has a reference to old HDT PE. Since PE is mentioned, it could be an LE mesh. Those may work on SE/AE, but I've also seen them CTD.

If you're having trouble locating the file, use something like Notepad++ and search for "Spriggan" in all files named "skeleton.nif". This can be automated.

IF you could dumb it down for me I would appreciate it, but I do understand that maybe your saying it's a HDT problem which might make sense I'ma check out that avenue n see what i dig up

SMP yes potentially but only because it's high up in the call stack. It shouldn't be reacting to PE hints in nif files. I think this is more a problem of you having a spriggan mesh that was made for Skyrim LE, on your SE/AE game.

You can easily disable SMP to test. But if it changes nothing then it's time to hunt down that spriggan mesh. Notepad++ for that if you don't know what mods you have affecting spriggans.

23 minutes ago, traison said:

SMP yes potentially but only because it's high up in the call stack. It shouldn't be reacting to PE hints in nif files. I think this is more a problem of you having a spriggan mesh that was made for Skyrim LE, on your SE/AE game.

You can easily disable SMP to test. But if it changes nothing then it's time to hunt down that spriggan mesh. Notepad++ for that if you don't know what mods you have affecting spriggans.

welp I tried deactivating; creatures framework, morenastycritters, female enemy monster aesthetics leveled encounters and briefly HDT, dunno what else could be messing with spriggans :(

skee64.dll+00449A1 appears to be somewhere in skse64\skse64_common\BranchTrampoline.cpp. Not that that helps much at the moment.

The spriggan that appears to be causing you issues is outside Evergreen Grove?

Inspect these records:

1.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -1, -1 \ Sub-Block -2, -3 \ 00009BE0 <EvergreenGroveExterior> \ Temporary \ 0002C79D
  2.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 0002B710 <LvlSpriggan>
  3.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Leveled NPC \ 0010EC84 <LCharSpriggan>
  4.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 00023AB9 <EncSpriggan>
  5.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 000F3905 <EncSprigganMatron>
  6.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Race \ 00013204 <SprigganRace>
  7.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Race \ 000F3903 <SprigganMatronRace>

Then, unless their paths were changed, inspect these files:

1. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\skeleton.nif
  2. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\spriggan.nif
  3. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\sprigganmatron.nif

If with all these files reverted back to vanilla it's still crashing then the spriggan was just a false-positive. In that case you need to get it to crash a couple of times more, preferably doing something else: going in a different direction from Riverwood, or approaching the Evergreen Grove from different directions.

18 hours ago, traison said:

skee64.dll+00449A1 appears to be somewhere in skse64\skse64_common\BranchTrampoline.cpp. Not that that helps much at the moment.

The spriggan that appears to be causing you issues is outside Evergreen Grove?

Inspect these records:

1.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -1, -1 \ Sub-Block -2, -3 \ 00009BE0 <EvergreenGroveExterior> \ Temporary \ 0002C79D
  2.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 0002B710 <LvlSpriggan>
  3.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Leveled NPC \ 0010EC84 <LCharSpriggan>
  4.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 00023AB9 <EncSpriggan>
  5.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 000F3905 <EncSprigganMatron>
  6.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Race \ 00013204 <SprigganRace>
  7.  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Race \ 000F3903 <SprigganMatronRace>

Then, unless their paths were changed, inspect these files:

1. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\skeleton.nif
  2. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\spriggan.nif
  3. meshes\actors\spriggan\character assets\sprigganmatron.nif

If with all these files reverted back to vanilla it's still crashing then the spriggan was just a false-positive. In that case you need to get it to crash a couple of times more, preferably doing something else: going in a different direction from Riverwood, or approaching the Evergreen Grove from different directions.

uhhh how do i do that? again I'm bit of a dumb dumb so the technical stuff goes right over my head sorry