[Mod]Curiosity Quests

Curiosity Quests

This mod adds Curiosity Quests to the game.

Compatible with 0.17b.

Each time you take a pill, you will be given a curiosity. Satisfy that curiosity and you will be rewarded with bonuses at the start of the next day.

Quests you receive are based on your Reluctance, lower Reluctance leads to more difficult but more rewarding quests.

• 2 months later...

Hi, playing with this on 0.17a may5, I clicked on 'plan' one time and it took me to a blank screen with just the rewards for a curiosity being filled. Except there was no button after that, and I could click on both rewards. So my playthrough got completely stuck there.

5 hours ago, mijhy said:

Hi, playing with this on 0.17a may5, I clicked on 'plan' one time and it took me to a blank screen with just the rewards for a curiosity being filled. Except there was no button after that, and I could click on both rewards. So my playthrough got completely stuck there.

Did you Refresh/F5 your browser on that playthrough ?

Curiosity doesn´t seem to like F5 ... it´s fine, whilst male ... whilst female it´s better to reload from Title Screen ...

Same goes for rerolling side-effects at the NewU Machine ... that could cause problems with Curiosity ...

Which other mods are you running ?

Some mods seem to inflict each other ... without triggering a warning on installation ...

Edited by HamUnDo
On 5/18/2023 at 7:42 AM, HamUnDo said:

Did you Refresh/F5 your browser on that playthrough ?

Curiosity doesn´t seem to like F5 ... it´s fine, whilst male ... whilst female it´s better to reload from Title Screen ...

Same goes for rerolling side-effects at the NewU Machine ... that could cause problems with Curiosity ...

Which other mods are you running ?

Some mods seem to inflict each other ... without triggering a warning on installation ...

I only clicked on plan. I think maybe it doesn't like if you click on that during the evening.

No I didn't press F5, not until the issue had already happened and I was trying anything to get back to a working page.

When I loaded mods, I got a conflict between exhibitionist and BR Pills. No conflicts for curiosity.

Curiosity, Exhibitionist, Quickening, V7a.pills.mod, work high spike

Edited by mijhy
12 hours ago, mijhy said:

I only clicked on plan. I think maybe it doesn't like if you click on that during the evening.

No I didn't press F5, not until the issue had already happened and I was trying anything to get back to a working page.

When I loaded mods, I got a conflict between exhibitionist and BR Pills. No conflicts for curiosity.

I guess it´s the conflict between Exhibitionist and PillsMods ... both mods generate Side-Effects ...

Maybe they tried to establish different Side-Effects in the same "slot" ...

It just occurred by chance after/whilst claiming your Curiosity-Reward ...

Where is the Plan-Button ? Is your XCL different from mine ?

Edit:

Mine is v0.17a ... from April 28 ... currently downloading v0.17a from May 5 ...

- TBC -

I didn´t expect different states of development under the same number ... v0.17a ...

The Plan-Button seems to be introduced in the latest update ... it opens the opportunity to change the days schedule ...

I guess Curiosity is supposed to give rewards in the morning on wake-up ... hitting Plan midday might have triggered that "scene" ...

Unable to find the hook "PlanMyDay" ... the scene simply looped infinitly ...

My conclusion

Either kick one of the conflicting mods ... or do not click Plan midday when you beat the Cusiosity-Challenge ...

Edited by HamUnDo
On 5/19/2023 at 4:51 AM, mijhy said:

Thank you for your report!

Curiosity Quests wasn't adjusted for the midday saving in mind. Evidentially it triggers the code that rewards you for completing a quest when doing so, I will need to fix that.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheUnspeakable said:

I am not getting the Fetishwear curiosity to fire true.  I'm going to do some slight testing on my end.

Well, I tried changing when it would fire to

clothes curiosity checks [wear_clothes],

I tried only checking for fetish clothes and nothing else and I still could not get it to fire at anytime, so I commented out that one and will play on.

Hopefully, you, who know the code better, can figure it out.

Edited by TheUnspeakable
9 hours ago, TheUnspeakable said:

I am not getting the Fetishwear curiosity to fire true.  I'm going to do some slight testing on my end.

Hmm, had you invited a guy over to your place and shown him your fetish outfit? The quest is intended to be completed by showing a guy your fetish outfits in your bedroom. Maybe the quest needs to be rewritten to make that more clear.

12 hours ago, Ebiora said:

Hmm, had you invited a guy over to your place and shown him your fetish outfit? The quest is intended to be completed by showing a guy your fetish outfits in your bedroom. Maybe the quest needs to be rewritten to make that more clear.

As in wearing the fetish outfit when I go to greet him at the door?

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, sophiextime said:

I am getting Pink error bars each time i orgasm and it seems to only happen when this mod is installed into the game. when i remove it the pink error bars dont show up. Any chance this can be looked into and fixed please as i really want to use this mod :)

Can you tell me what other mods you have installed? It may be an incompatibility issue.

23 minutes ago, Ebiora said:

Can you take a picture of this error and post it here?

Well i tested it all out yesterday evening on a new start and i have no idea why but i didnt get any errors. I didnt remove or add any more mods so i am a bit puzzled. Could it have been just a one off glitch? i didnt want to give up on any mods and kind of glad i didnt now, The challenges are showing up fine and working. So i will let you know if it happens again but touch wood its fine now. Sorry for causing any concern. I feel a bit silly reporting it as its gone. 

57 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Well i tested it all out yesterday evening on a new start and i have no idea why but i didnt get any errors. I didnt remove or add any more mods so i am a bit puzzled. Could it have been just a one off glitch? i didnt want to give up on any mods and kind of glad i didnt now, The challenges are showing up fine and working. So i will let you know if it happens again but touch wood its fine now. Sorry for causing any concern. I feel a bit silly reporting it as its gone. 

There is a long standing bug where Curiosity Quests will pop an error if you orgasm from certain events when the NPC does not have an oral skill value, that may be what you were experiencing. Curiosity Quests is being implemented into the main game so when the next update comes out it will have the mod available with a bug fix for this.