How to replace a custom instrument for an only custom bard?

Hi,

I'm working on inn.

I have three female bards.

I want to replace their lute by guitar just for them.

I don't want to replace all lutes generally.

Is there a way to select what instrument(s) will be played by my NPC(s)?
Is there a way  (a quest, script) to make my bard(s) play the alternative instrument?

There are several guitar meshes with their textures.

If I rename it as "lute01.nif" an put it in the correct meshes folder and put the textures in the correct folder, it'll replace all lutes by guitar. I know that. But, it's not my Q&A.

If you can help me anyway, I'll appreciate...

Thank You in advance...

Nehaberlan...

3 hours ago, nehaberlan said:

Hi,

I'm working on inn.

I have three female bards.

I want to replace their lute by guitar just for them.

I don't want to replace all lutes generally.

Is there a way to select what instrument(s) will be played by my NPC(s)?
Is there a way  (a quest, script) to make my bard(s) play the alternative instrument?

There are several guitar meshes with their textures.

If I rename it as "lute01.nif" an put it in the correct meshes folder and put the textures in the correct folder, it'll replace all lutes by guitar. I know that. But, it's not my Q&A.

If you can help me anyway, I'll appreciate...

Thank You in advance...

Nehaberlan...

The instruments are bound to their animations, even bethesda did not reach to handle the animated objects in a perfect way. Music and animated objects do not work well enough together. The soundtrack has to work with the animations and their AO-commands.

Your task would need to create new animations and their linked animated objects. And you need to use a fawless working suiting scripting with a suiting soundtrack-or you call the existing soundtrack with just another instrument if possible.

I made a harp with own animation, but as a furniture-which means that the instrument is statical standing and an npc/player can use it. This is of course different in compare with the spawned animated instruments and their IDLE-animations. The bardes have their AI-packs which probably also spend their tasks to play instruments, sing and play drums after each other...this maybe can become vatiated by adding additional instruments and maybe also additional soundtracks. The best is here to consequently stick to bethesda´s work and not add new scripts additionally (because mostly that is working not/well, bad or with issures, only.

11 hours ago, t.ara said:

The instruments are bound to their animations, even bethesda did not reach to handle the animated objects in a perfect way. Music and animated objects do not work well enough together. The soundtrack has to work with the animations and their AO-commands.

Your task would need to create new animations and their linked animated objects. And you need to use a fawless working suiting scripting with a suiting soundtrack-or you call the existing soundtrack with just another instrument if possible.

I made a harp with own animation, but as a furniture-which means that the instrument is statical standing and an npc/player can use it. This is of course different in compare with the spawned animated instruments and their IDLE-animations. The bardes have their AI-packs which probably also spend their tasks to play instruments, sing and play drums after each other...this maybe can become vatiated by adding additional instruments and maybe also additional soundtracks. The best is here to consequently stick to bethesda´s work and not add new scripts additionally (because mostly that is working not/well, bad or with issures, only.

Thank You very much for your detailed information.