M'rissi fluffy replacer BHUNP skin and nipple problem

At the suggestion of the OStim NG authors, I switched from 3ba to BHUNP.  M'rissi has that weird skin blotch around the front of the hips and her nipples are physically different from the areola color.  The replacer has a BHUNP bodyslide that came with it, but I think it's using non-BHUNP textures.  I copied the three textures from BHUNP (femalebody.dds and I don't remember the other two off hand) and replaced them in the Vortex folder that the replacer .esp was pointing to... then re-deployed in Vortex... but no visible change. 

Am I on the right track... my next step to was ensure that nothing is overwriting the one's I changed... but my thinking is that that should have worked and I'm missing some understanding of how to fix this.  I'm fully aware the I"ll likely be dealing with neck and wrist seams if this works.. but I'll worry about that if I actually get that far.

While I'd personally assume that if a follower comes with textures, those textures are actually being used, but there's no guarantee. Sounds like those are the ones you replaced, but nothing changed. A couple of options then:

1. The included textures are actually not used.
  2. Something else is messing with the follower. Either there's a plugin conflict, or a file conflict.

So pretty much in both cases you'd need xEdit. Find the NPC_ record of your follower. Follow the path to the ARMO record for the naked body: RACE -> WNAM -> ARMO. Go through each ARMA record, note down it's mesh (MOD2, MOD3). Open the meshes in NifSkope and note down all textures in each BSTriShape -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> BSShaderTextureSet. Now you have a list of all textures used by the naked skin "armor".

For file conflict resolution, this is apparently how its done in vortex.

So it was a combination of load order and that I need to complete reinstal M'rissi.  I didn't realize that the BHUNP option for the body was separate from the bodyslide file.  The Vortex conflict resolution also helped with LO.  In any case, it works as expected.  Thanks :)