NPC / Companion is stuck permanently in a spot if AAF animation is interrupted

For example; two NPCs are in AAF scenes and you, as player, load the save or simply fast travel elsewhere. If you do these actions and you are in the same spot the AAF scene started, the NPCs will not move, no matter what you do.

This also happened to a companion once, made them violate someone and I fast travelled elsewhere before the AAF scene was concluded. This led to the companion being stuck and wiggling around in same spot. I tried to dismiss, teleport them, etc but no luck, it's as if they are trying to finish AAF scene but it does not exist or something.

Any fix?

Use AAF to let the character play any animation and end the animation correctly and exit AAF, the character will return to normal.

Whether it is the animation timing of mod or the automatic end, if you suddenly want to do something else, first wait for the animation to end. Or manually press the end key to terminate. If mod does not display the UI content of AAF, pressing the home key once will also activate the UI control panel of AAF, but it will not be displayed, and pressing the end key is still valid.

1 hour ago, kziitd said:

Use AAF to let the character play any animation and end the animation correctly and exit AAF, the character will return to normal.

Whether it is the animation timing of mod or the automatic end, if you suddenly want to do something else, first wait for the animation to end. Or manually press the end key to terminate. If mod does not display the UI content of AAF, pressing the home key once will also activate the UI control panel of AAF, but it will not be displayed, and pressing the end key is still valid.

Both methods work! Thanks you :)
Not sure why this bug happens but yeah. I guess the script is not programmed to automatic end all animations if player exits an interior/enters an interior or simply keeps long distance enough for NPCs to despawn.

• 1 year later...

Not to necro this topic, but I just had this happen.  I was able to get AAF to respond finally after going to the console and typed player.moveto player.  There was a very short load and I was still in the animation.  However, pressing the home key did bring up AAF.