Separating armor parts into pieces

If the armor in the single nif is in parts you use NifSkope.

You create 4 copies of the armor

In the first copy you click on the part you want to delete and select "Block" "Remove Branch"

until you have one nif with hand, one with upperbody, lowerbody and foot.

Then you use "Otimize" "Remove Bogus Nodes" to delete the not used bones.

And if you have some not used thinks/leftovers/rubbish in the nif you use "Block" "Crop to Branch"

Then you have 4 clean nif files.

Blender... WTF is Blender?  Sorry, I tried it a few times without any success. I won't touch it again!

Maybe the weighting was lost? The bound to the bones.

Have you done with NifSkope  "batch"  "Make all Skin Partitions"

If that does not work try MeshRigger and redo the weighting.

You need a mesh with the bones your nif use as template. ( maybe the full body/armor nif)

Your nif as target

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/

12 hours ago, myunclebeatsme said:

How do I go about separating different parts of an armor/clothing (e.g. cuirass, greaves, etc.) from a single nif? I'm working with Blender and Nifskope.

In the 3d program - the simplest. I don't know how it is in Blender, to be more precise, I don't remember very well. but in 3dsmax is the ideal way:

1. Make a copy of the skin information holder.

2. Convert the mesh to edit-poly and delete unnecessary faces. In this case, artifacts with normals may appear, or they may not appear, depending on how the model was created.

3.Copy the skin information from the armor clone to the remainder of the armor (through the skin wrap modifier, preferably through the *nearest face* option in it. the nearest 5 faces, by the way, as in the latest versions of Blender.

4. Limit your skin to four bones (simply toggle in the skin modifier)This is a limitation of Oblivion and Skyrim

The advantages of this processing is that the model will not contain information about the weight of non-existent vertices and their bones. 

Edited by tda2

Clipping with BBB, the tits you should try MeshRigger

You need a nif with Breastbones (Op 1 to 3 ) as template

Your nif as target

And you select only the breast bones in the MeshRigger bone menu.

When I use Clothes Converter and change a armor/cloth into another body type the BBB is not good in the output nif.

Then I update the BBB bones with MeshRigger.

8 hours ago, fejeena said:

Clipping with BBB, the tits you should try MeshRigger

You need a nif with Breastbones (Op 1 to 3 ) as template

Your nif as target

And you select only the breast bones in the MeshRigger bone menu.

When I use Clothes Converter and change a armor/cloth into another body type the BBB is not good in the output nif.

Then I update the BBB bones with MeshRigger.

Thanks! That worked nicely.