Can someone help me with ENB Boost? It's capping my Vram at 50MB I think.

Dude500X

Tried asking on official post on the nexus, result?  Got accused of asking for help "for fun" just because I forgot to post some information.. which essentially translates as "**** you mod user". (typical nexus attitude as far as I'm concerned).

So, I've returned to Lovers Lab to ask for some help with my game, which I have not done in awhile as I've learned not to suck as much when installing mods lol.

I'm running the latest ENB series with the latest ENB Boost update.

I have tried many tweaks, including those in Gophers Video but to no avail.

I still get 10FPS and I believe this ENB Boost is actually limiting my VRAM to 50MB as it does not go over 50MB according to Skyrim Performance manager.

Here are my system spec's.

post-78952-0-43713100-1377065634_thumb.jpg

post-78952-0-08023400-1377065644_thumb.jpg

If anyone with experience with this mod can help me that would be great.  Currently, without the ENB Boost, I get between 40-60FPS in and outdoors.  I just want to see if I can get a solid 60 or maybe 50fps.  Thanks.

Are you just using Enb boost or are you using a preset?

If not, then just set the enblocal.ini to: UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true and EnableVSync=false

Make sure you're using the latest enb from the official website. Its 206 right now. Boris doesn't update the nexus as often as his site. enboost is built into the lastest updates anyway the nexus is just for advertisement.

Shouldn't see any changes to your fps if you don't fuck up.

Are you just using Enb boost or are you using a preset?

If not, then just set the enblocal.ini to: UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true and EnableVSync=false

Make sure you're using the latest enb from the official website. Its 206 right now. Boris doesn't update the nexus as often as his site. enboost is built into the lastest updates anyway the nexus is just for advertisement.

Shouldn't see any changes to your fps if you don't fuck up.

yup im using the up to date everything.

not using any other enb except the boost.

tried those edits you suggested, still no luck..

I'll just assume the latest version is not yet optimised and wait for an update.

sigh..

lord_dweedle,I have two thoughts.

You're using the wrapper version on a laptop and its switching you to the integrated intel gpu, switch to the injector version.

Gaming on a laptop creates some interesting sharing between your ram since its used by both the regular system and the graphics card.  Please try setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024. This will tell the enb not to swap system ram since vram also exists in same space and to reserve 1024mb of that ram for vram usage only. Unfortunately setting the first value negates a part of what you're trying to accomplish if you're just running the enb to boost performance, but its necessary due to the way mobile hardware works.

Using both of my suggestions you still get some of the memory management functionality and the crash prevention code and it should run better than 10fps.

Archived