Handheld PC Gaming and Modding on Low(er) Spec Devices

Hello fellow kids! I just wanted to start a topic that I hope to add to in the near future as I have pre ordered a GPD Win 4 handheld PC. While I will undoubtedly enjoy playing retro games, emulators, and indy games; I hope to enjoy some modded Fallout and Skyrim gaming as well. In the coming posts, I plan to curate an optimized yet beautifully lewd world space for some of our favorite games. My hope is that others will chime in with their experiences and suggestions so that a finely tuned lower spec mod collection can be offered to those of us with handhelds or overall lower spec PC's. 

As I have purchased a GPD Win 4, I will be initially modding for the following specs:

• Ryzen 7 6800U APU
  • 32GB DDR5 RAM
  • Radeon 680m iGPU
  • 1TB Gen4 m.2 SSD
  • 1920 x 1080 Native Display
  • 6 inch Display with adjustable 40hz and 60hz refresh
  • Adjustable TDP Settings up to 35+ Watt

There are a few other similar handhelds that have been released with similar if not identical specs which include the AyaNeo Series and the ONEPLAYER series and these modlists should be interchangeable with those devices as they are are similar in power with the only differences being screen size and resolution. Additionally, these setups should also work fine on lower spec desktop units whether they are newer Ryzen or Intel APU based systems or older Intel/AMD Desktops with lower spec discreet GPUs. 

Edited by splashzone

Skyrim LE

(IN PROGRESS NOT FINAL)

Basics

(These mods are required to do any kind of modding Taken from the Bug Fixes and Stability section in SinitarGaming's SkyrimLE Ultimate Guide)

ModOrganizer

SKSE

SkyUI

CrashFixes

Bug Fixes

Tweaks

(This is where we will buy ourselves some frames through optimization that will allow us to add other prettier things later)

Running in 720p Resolution

High Settings

Change SyrimPrefs.ini [iShadowMapResolution=] from 4096 to 2048 or 1024 if need be

LightShader Tweak by jackherer93

Street Cleaning - City FPS Helper by Surjamte

Remove Underwater Grass and Other Stuff Too - by Cauug

Paramount - FPS Galore for Oldrim by Tronizen

Snow Disabler by deleted user (Removes useless snowdrifts in snowy areas)

Run Ordenator

Graphics Mods

(This is where we will spend some of the frames that we saved through tweaks)

Caffeine ENB by ZwabberdieBo (a lower spec ENB Preset. Obviously make sure to install ENB Binaries)

Edited by splashzone