CTD when attempting to fast travel via carriage.

crash-2023-02-04-05-49-49.log

crash-2023-02-04-19-45-34.log

Are both navmesh issues. Inspect 0x0006E99C from Skyrim.esm. See which mods alter it.

Edit: Same with crash-2023-02-04-19-57-35.log and crash-2023-02-04-19-58-31.log.

Edited by traison
13 minutes ago, traison said:

crash-2023-02-04-05-37-37.log was caused by MuJointFix. BetterThirdPersonSelection is also problematic, you should at the very least disable both for the duration of trying to debug your carriage issue.

MuJointFix author release a fix regarding that error.  I suppose it may because an entirely different error, but the old Mu error had no callstack and focused on joints consistent.  I'll definitely disable and see if I can't get the crash though.  Better 3rd Pers can be disabled in the MCM.

12 minutes ago, traison said:

crash-2023-02-04-05-49-49.log

crash-2023-02-04-19-45-34.log

Are both navmesh issues. Inspect 0x0006E99C from Skyrim.esm. See which mods alter it.

Edit: Same with crash-2023-02-04-19-57-35.log and crash-2023-02-04-19-58-31.log.

I checked in xEdit and nothing seems to be overwriting the skyrim.esm record.

6 minutes ago, Jotasran said:

MuJointFix author release a fix regarding that error.

Hm, alright. The 37-37 log is however something else and I think should be excluded from the carriage issue. I'll have a closer look at the MovementAgentPathFollowerVirtual -logs.

Not really seeing anything here. My best guess is still that this is a navmesh thing, simply because of MovementAgentPathFollowerVirtual.

Movement -> walking, running, you know

Agent -> an actor

Path -> navmesh?

Follower -> maybe a path finding algorithm

Virtual -> whatever

ie. a navmesh path finding algorithm for actor movement?

I think what I'd do is create a few logs traveling to the same destination, potentially also from the same departure area. Then pick out npcs from these logs. Like for instance, in the logs you've uploaded here "Fjord Horse" keeps showing up. I doubt the issue is with that actor specifically, but it might be a hint as to where the navmesh issue is. If you can find where that Fjord Horse is placed in the world (near where you travel from, or travel to) inspect the cell's navmesh for changes in xEdit. Makes sense?

3 minutes ago, traison said:

I doubt the issue is with that actor specifically, but it might be a hint as to where the navmesh issue is. If you can find where that Fjord Horse is placed in the world (near where you travel from, or travel to) inspect the cell's navmesh for changes in xEdit.

How would I go about finding the horse.  I think it's place by Immersive Horses.... which has come up a couple of time I believe.

Open your loadorder as is in xEdit, inspect 0x101907 (from the log):

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -1, -1 \ Sub-Block -1, -3 \ 00009BDA \ Temporary \ 00101907

...which is a reference to:

EncHorseSaddledPalomino "Horse" [NPC_:00068D04]

...which was changed to "Fjord Horse" by Immersive Horses apparently. (irrevelant probably)

Follow the npc reference backwards to find the cell it is in:

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ Block -1, -1 \ Sub-Block -1, -3 \ 00009BDA

Make your way into the tree structure on the left, under Temporary you'll find some Navigation Mesh (NAVM) records. I'd start by inspecting these for changes by other mods. Regardless of how insignificant the mod seems, add it to a list of mods to consider as potential problems.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

I know this post is a bit old, but I'm giving it a shot because I happen to have the same problem.

My problem: When I use fast travel via the cart, there's a CTD every 3rd time.

I've noticed that this problem doesn't occur on a new save, but I haven't changed anything on my current save...

Crash log : https://pastebin.com/99jBpTgK

I've already tried this and it didn't help: disable dyndolod, disable CFTO, update FSMP, clean backup with ReSaver, clean scripts (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34601)

Any ideas about my problem? I don't have the mod Better Third Person.

Many thanks in advance!

NB: My load order : https://pastebin.com/YaXWTdnS

NB: the ctd started happening when I hit dozens of hours on my save 

Callstack entry #6 is a bit suspicious. NOP instructions aren't illegal or uncommon by any means but typically you do not see them in the middle of subroutines. This could be an indication of a bytecode edit made by a mod. Its far from the faulting offset but it may have changed the flow of the code to cause the ctd further down the line. That same NOP is visible in at least one of Jotasran's crash logs.

Si cela peut vous aider, j'ai comparé la liste de mods ci-dessus avec la mienne pour voir si nous avions des mods en commun qui seraient responsables de ce crash:)

Liste:

Divulgacher

schlongs de skyrim

Lanternes de Skyrim II (+ patch)

SexLab.esm

SMIM-SE-Fusionné-Tout

Corrections de paysage pour Grass Mods.esp

Paysage pour Grass Mods - Military Camps.esp

Simplement frapper

JK (+ patch)

KS Coiffure

Guards_Armor_Replacer

Reliquaire du mythe

Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp

ITFC

CFTO-CoveredCarriages.esp

CFTO-Lanternes.esp

CFTO_fix.esp

CFTO-JK-Patch.esp

SoleilHelmSurvie

Wintersun - Foi de Skyrim.esp

HonedMetal.esp

highpolyhead

Départ alternatif - Vivre une autre vie.esp

Sons immersifs - Compendium.esp

Révision du dialogue de garde.esp

StormLightning.esp

ENB Light.esp

Embers XD.esp

Brouillards matinaux SSE

nwsFollowerFramework.esp

Lucien.esp

Eau pour ENB (Shades of Skyrim).esp

Nemesis PCEA.esp

UltimateCombat.esp

Paysage et Water Fixes.esp

Expressif Facegen Morphs.esl

TrueDirectionalMovement.esp

Aide MCM

CBBE

3BBB

[COCO] Shadow Assassin.esp

[COCO]Lingerie.esp

HouseOfHorrorsQuestExpansion

Vigilant - Départ différé.esp

Vigilant Voiced.esp

Gotobed.esp

ReadingIsGood.esp

PaarthurnaxQuestExpansion

Bandit Lines Expansion.esp

Edited by daniel0035

If its a bytecode edit, then you're looking for an skse plugin. You know when you've found it if the nop instruction disappears from the callstack (Edit: replaced by something else at SkyrimSE.exe+070F63C).

[ 6] 0x7FF616D7F63C SkyrimSE.exe+070F63C -> 41303+0x6C nop

Edit: pseudocode example: ... SkyrimSE.exe+070F63C -> ... xor eax,eax

Keep in mind though that this may just as well be a totally legit and necessary edit by Engine Fixes SSE and it has nothing to do with the crash. I however got nothing else, and if this was a problem I was having, I'd certainly be interested in knowing who put that nop there.

Edit again: I'll try to get the debugger in there and see what my instructions look like on this end.

Edited by traison

Right so for me that callstack entry #6 points to the middle of an instruction, which is not valid, meaning the code on either end (mine or yours) has been edited. Considering you have nop's and I don't, it's heavily pointing at you. If you can find the source of those nops, you may well solve Jotasran's problems as well.

Edit: For what its worth, here's a tiny dump of the assembly. The offset points inside the lea instruction, but you can see familiar keywords there: TESPackage and Pathing - things I would have expected to see considering this appears to be a pathing related crash (as per previous posts in this thread).

Spoiler

00007FF64558F636 | E8 3542D6FF              | call <skyrimse.Pathing::sub_140473870>             |
00007FF64558F63B | EB 1A                    | jmp skyrimse.7FF64558F657                          |
00007FF64558F63D | 48:8D5424 60             | lea rdx,qword ptr ss:[rsp+60]                      |
00007FF64558F642 | E8 7984D2FF              | call <skyrimse.TESPackage::sub_140437AC0>          |
00007FF64558F647 | 8B08                     | mov ecx,dword ptr ds:[rax]                         |
00007FF64558F649 | 890E                     | mov dword ptr ds:[rsi],ecx                         |

Edited by traison
11 minutes ago, traison said:

Right so for me that callstack entry #6 points to the middle of an instruction, which is not valid, meaning the code on either end (mine or yours) has been edited. Considering you have nop's and I don't, it's heavily pointing at you. If you can find the source of those nops, you may well solve Jotasran's problems as well.

Edit: For what its worth, here's a tiny dump of the assembly. The offset points inside the lea instruction, but you can see familiar keywords there: TESPackage and Pathing - things I would have expected to see considering this appears to be a pathing related crash (as per previous posts in this thread).

Reveal hidden contents

00007FF64558F636 | E8 3542D6FF              | call <skyrimse.Pathing::sub_140473870>             |
00007FF64558F63B | EB 1A                    | jmp skyrimse.7FF64558F657                          |
00007FF64558F63D | 48:8D5424 60             | lea rdx,qword ptr ss:[rsp+60]                      |
00007FF64558F642 | E8 7984D2FF              | call <skyrimse.TESPackage::sub_140437AC0>          |
00007FF64558F647 | 8B08                     | mov ecx,dword ptr ds:[rax]                         |
00007FF64558F649 | 890E                     | mov dword ptr ds:[rsi],ecx                         |

I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with modding so I don't quite understand all this XD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to you, there is a dll that causes this crash, right?

A dll edited the memory location near callstack entry #6, however as you now also discovered, this issue seems to jump around. Jotasran posted 3 different kinds of crash logs if I remember correctly. You've found 2 of them. So most likely the nops are insignificant, interesting perhaps but that is all.

As for your latest log, there's too many differences between our game versions for me to do anything with that (I'm on 1.5.97).

It's already very kind of you to help me :)

However, there are some things that seem odd to me:

- why on a new save, the crash does not occur? => save corrupt? but even cleaning with ReSaver does nothing...

- why crashes only happen during carriage travel and not with normal fast travel? => is there a technical particularity between normal fast travel and cart travel?