OBSE20

Symon

OBSE20 has been formally released. Get it from all the usual places.

Many new features, but the biggy for animation mods is PlayIdle. No longer will  the unreliable PickIdle have to wade through an indeterminate  and highly sensitive to load order linked list of animations, only to decide not to pick the correct one!

Guest Donkey

Thanks for the heads up, never seen it was released.

If you want to use the new feature for playidle, how does it differ in addition to scripts ?? does only use the playidle suffice, or do you have to completely rewrite the scripts in order to use this feature ?

It's exciting stuff. However, all existing animation scripts need a rewrite to use it. This is why Nessa and I said that all existing animations mods were about to become obsolete.

However, when they are all rewritten (no need for tokens et al. Just tell the animation to run by RefID), load order or token issues will diminish quite a bit, so it is really good news.

Instead of adding tokens or setting local/global variables, praying and then calling:

PickIdle

You decide what animation needs to run and then call:

Playidle IdleName

Append a parameter, 1 if you need to force the idle to play.

http://obse.silverlock.org/obse_command_doc.html#PlayIdle

Guest Donkey

I guess this will be the part we will hate the most, lovers with pk, is just stable now, but it won't be long till we are forced to keep translating that one again..

I am already overworked, due to lovers stupdNPC and lovers magic gets it daily treatment, i don't think i can have more then those 2 for now.

Symon does this mean idleAnimation won't be required ?? If so, then my Creature project just became Obsolete..

Not sure, as RL has me a little out of the loop on LoversPK. What does the idleAnimation (plugin?) do?

Oh, one other thing. PlayIdle returns 1 if it picked an animation, 0 if it did not. Some actual feedback to help make an animation mod even more robust.

Guest Donkey

LoversIdlePriorityAnims.esp is the main one that controls all the animation within lovers with pk, this so far has always been said to be placed last in your load order..

I'd been using OBSE 20 beta in my game for awhile and aside from some Lovers error messages in the console to do with being too far away, the sex worked and all the normal functions from rape, to npc on npc action still worked fine. Still maybe the final version is a bit different from the beta they had up for a long time.

• 11 months later...

Thanks for your hints! Anyway I installed Oblivion into c:\games\...

Also I gave the most complete access to this progam I could. Still there is a requester when I try to open it, asking if I want to allow OBSE to perform some changes in my system. After clicking "yes" a black window posp up for a moment, then disappears.

Weird. XP was a lot easier to deal with.

You need to be running oblbivion by the obse_loadder.exe and NOT the oblivion.exe or are you talking about something else?

When you run the obse_loader.exe it is normal for a black box to pop up and then disappear and shortly there after (1-2 seconds) your oblivion game should start up. Is this happening?

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted what you are saying.

No problem about not understanding: I can´t exactly translate all those on-screen pop-ups from german.

I have been playing Oblivion on Win XP for some time now, so I know how things should go normally: Just as you described.

So I guess it is something about Win blocking some executables it soes not know. Weird enough, Oblivion itself works flawlessly.

EDIT: And now I got it!

Things are a bit complex: Firstly, I had installed Oblivion into Programs(X86) and I also accidentally copied all of the OBSE 20 stuff into Data\OBSE\plugins\*.* Result was very limited access to some files e.g. OBMM.

I then renamed this one to Oblivionbackup or similar to get rid of access limitations, then deinstalled Oblivion to clear the Windows registry. Next thing, I reinstalled a bare bone version of Oblivion into c:\games and copied all of the contents of the 1st installation into this new folder. I then reinstalled OBSE into the new Oblivion base folder. When trying to open OBSE there was an error: "Could not find Oblivion.exe". Strange.

Executing regedit.exe I found OBSE still referred to the old game folder. I changed this, then deleted the OBSE stuff in Data\OBSE\plugins\

Result: Things go smoothly now.

And boy, does Oblivion flow now.

Thanks for all your help which indirectly lead me the right way!

Archived