FNIS Sexy Move, DAR and all that.

I've just gotten back into modding, and I'm really enjoying all the 3rd person animation goodness that's come to Skyrim over the past few years - everything's much smoother, and you can have a lot of variation, what with Nemesis, DAR and several other mods making everything work nicely.

But one thing that sticks out is poor old FNIS Sexy Move, which (last I tried) while it kinda works with FNIS+NEMESIS and your favourite sets of DAR animations (unless you use DD, which really screws it up for some reason), its animations will often be overridden by other mods if you're using DAR and other conditional animations, which makes it all a bit herky-jerky, random and unsatisfactory.

It struck me that a cool solution would be to DAR-ify FNIS Sexy Move, then tie the progressive sashaying/idling "stages" of FNIS Sexy move movements with progressive stages of arousal in one of the Sexlab arousal mods, and have a certain (lowish) state arousal as a hard condition that knocks out anything else coming from DAR for walking, running and idling.  That would be very naturalistic - your character would have normal, serious or semi-serious animations most of the time, when you're out and about playing Skryim as Skyrim, and sexy movement when "aroused." You could even fix up a keybind to go straight to the aroused threshold when you want to have sexy moves on tap.

Something like that, anyway. 

I've never modded before (I mean made a mod), but this strikes me as an interesting thing to get to grips with.  DAR seems not too difficult in and of itself (I had a look at it ages ago, just with the idea of sticking FNIS Sexy move moves into DAR).  The thing that's beyond my comprehension would be figuring out how to tie it to arousal.

Another thought I had was to tie a DAR-ified version of FNIS Sexy Move to the CATA mod (which uses DAR and changes animations based on armor) - so you could have FNIS sexy moves when you're naked, or just wearing jewellery, or with specific armors, or just under a conditional like not-vanilla-armors or something like that (if that's possible with DAR).

Any thoughts? 

[Added: forgot to say, this is all with SE/AE I'm thinking of.]

Edited by gurugeorge

I don't know how to tie DAR conditions into arousal, but usually DAR will simply read any animations dropped into the folder and play them based on conditions. I've mix and matched animations from different mods because of this feature.

You could try taking some fnis sexy move animations and putting them into a dar folder to see if they work properly. If random idles can be a condition, I know idles, sitting and weapon/magic stances can be randomized, so maybe movement can be too.

20 minutes ago, venomr said:

I don't know how to tie DAR conditions into arousal, but usually DAR will simply read any animations dropped into the folder and play them based on conditions. I've mix and matched animations from different mods because of this feature.

You could try taking some fnis sexy move animations and putting them into a dar folder to see if they work properly. If random idles can be a condition, I know idles, sitting and weapon/magic stances can be randomized, so maybe movement can be too.

Yeah I found this, which looks like just the ticket (although last version was for SE prior to the AE version, don't know if that's going to be problematic).  Its a version of Nemesic PCEA for DAR, which looks promising. I've started by setting up 9 female folders in the numbered sets, with the relevant walk/run/idles as in sexy move.  Next step is to figure out what the conditionals are all about.  Maybe I'll look at some of the other DAR mods to see if I can figure out what's going on. 

Edited by gurugeorge

You can create a custom faction, tie the movement animation to faction rank in DAR conditions and then distribute that faction through SPID.

If you do that you'll also need to distribute a spell that randomly sets faction ranks because from what I read around SPID doesn't allow you to set faction rank when distributing it.

The hardest part of making a mod like this would probably be getting all the permissions for the animations?

7 hours ago, wareware said:

You can create a custom faction, tie the movement animation to faction rank in DAR conditions and then distribute that faction through SPID.

If you do that you'll also need to distribute a spell that randomly sets faction ranks because from what I read around SPID doesn't allow you to set faction rank when distributing it.

The hardest part of making a mod like this would probably be getting all the permissions for the animations?

Yes, I was thinking that faction would be the way to go - you mean create an "aroused" faction and have some kind of  "rank" of arousal tied in with that?  I've no idea how to actually do that, but I think I undersatnd the logic.  Those are just the kinds of pointers I was looking for, thanks!

And thanks for the heads-up re. getting permissions, I hadn't even thought about that lol - if I get it working privately, I might look into that.

3 hours ago, wareware said:

Sexlabaroused already uses factions for arousal IIRC

Heres a mod which distributes idle animations using DAR based on Arousal

You can have another faction for walking animations alone to distribute the 9 walking animations.

Brilliant, thanks, that gives me something to learn from.

• 1 month later...