3DS Max 2012 armor mesh manipulation

analturtle

Hi,

I use 3DS Max 2012 to manipulate meshes in skyrim.  I was hoping someone knew if there was a 'format painter' type option to copy the vertices from one object and apply to another.

Example: I have 2 boots I am modifying to fit my slider body and I have resized one but was hoping there was a way to copy the settings of one and apply over the other - like when you format paint in microsoft WORD (for lack of a better example) so I dont have to repeat the same resizing process on the other boot from scratch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I am a 3DS Max noob.

I don't believe there is a way to tell a bunch of vertices to re-position themselves to look like another group of vertices and expect anything usable from it.  You should look into "mirroring".  I've never looked into the Max version of mirroring, but if it's anything like Maya, you can work on one of the boot and the other boot with change along with the one you were working with.

Archived