How to know the Active Mod name of a specific texture?

I want to make a skin for an existing clothing.

I dig through the files, find the texture I need to change, put in into the Active Mod subfolder, and...

Nothing.

Because the game needs it to be named some unnatural way different to the name of the file in game archive.

So, how can I learn the proper name for a mod texture of a specific clothing?

Edited by Abbertuotch
  • Abbertuotch changed the title to How to know the Active Mod name of a specific texture?
9 minutes ago, Abbertuotch said:

I want to make a skin for an existing clothing.

I dig through the files, find the texture I need to change, put in into the Active Mod subfolder, and...

Nothing.

Because the game needs it to be named some unnatural way different to the name of the file in game archive.

So, how can I learn the proper name for a mod texture of a specific clothing?

Depends on which file it is - there isn't a specific fix for all.

13 minutes ago, Joaku said:

No - there was one for the old v 114, but some of the names have changed since then. Are you looking for anything specific? 

For now I'm interested in cloth_studio01_female_top01, the turtleneck sweater,. But that's the fifth item I'm editing since I started fuming about the matter in question. If you've got thriXXX's pack of UVs, that would come handy.

13 minutes ago, Abbertuotch said:

For now I'm interested in cloth_studio01_female_top01, the turtleneck sweater,. But that's the fifth item I'm editing since I started fuming about the matter in question. If you've got thriXXX's pack of UVs, that would come handy.

The turtleneck is called F_Studio001_Top.png 

I actually have the Texture Index 1.5 somewhere, but it'll take a while to pack it and upload it

17 hours ago, Joaku said:

I actually have the Texture Index 1.5 somewhere, but it'll take a while to pack it and upload it

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Joaku said:

I'll ask in Requests, maybe somebody got it on hand.

If, by chance you, you happen to have extracted and converted all of your .[bsb] files to .bs (blex.exe -- don't do it on a working install unless you know what you're doing).. then you can use Notepad++'s "Find In Files" feature to search the Scene folder for the name of whatever clothing, room, toy, you're looking for.. then search the scene file for "texture" to get the filenames. It takes all of about 30 seconds once you get the hang of it.

16 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

If, by chance you, you happen to have extracted and converted all of your .[bsb] files to .bs (blex.exe -- don't do it on a working install unless you know what you're doing).. then you can use Notepad++'s "Find In Files" feature to search the Scene folder for the name of whatever clothing, room, toy, you're looking for.. then search the scene file for "texture" to get the filenames. It takes all of about 30 seconds once you get the hang of it.

Hey, can you give me an example? Let's take the girl's library top.

The scripts refer it either as Library_F_Top01 or Library_F_Top. The archived texture is named cloth_library_girl_top. The scene file doesn't have any different info.

Where can I see "F_Library001_Top.png", the name of the texture to be put in ActiveMod?

Whenever you see that it's because there are multiple versions of an item that use the same mesh with different textures. This file is probably more useful for what you're trying to do anyway:Default Clothes.txt The first column is the texture name as it appears in archives, the second is its ActiveMod name, the third is its ID#. I probably should have just led with that.

Addons that users have made generally use the same texture names in both locations. ThriXXX just likes to be difficult.

Edited by Curtis_S