Custom eyes texture (Need help!)

Elaneith

Hello!

I decided to make my own eyes texture recently, with ningheim's eyes textures. But I have some issues and I don't know how to fix it because it's the first time I tried to do that. I would like some help, I already post a topic on "technical support" but no replies, may be I didn't choose the right categorie for that.

So! This is what I have whith my own textures... No lashes just big black bands:

Thanks!

post-143058-0-69493100-1376702061_thumb.jpg

Hello!

I decided to make my own eyes texture recently, with ningheim's eyes textures. But I have some issues and I don't know how to fix it because it's the first time I tried to do that. I would like some help, I already post a topic on "technical support" but no replies, may be I didn't choose the right categorie for that.

So! This is what I have whith my own textures... No lashes just big black bands:

Thanks!

What does your alpha channel look like?

Hum... Well... Hum... I think... it's that... sorry, i'm really really newbie! (first time I try!) So if it's what I link with this reply, it's good and if it's not, I go put me in foetal position...

Hum... I don't know why there is now a strange purple/pink filtre, that wasn't there when I saved it yesterday... Maybe it's saving options I didn't check right? (I have many option when I save things in ".dds" but I don't know what is what or which one does what!)

Sorry to be so a newbie!

post-143058-0-89107500-1376716345_thumb.jpg

Hum... Well... Hum... I think... it's that... sorry, i'm really really newbie! (first time I try!) So if it's what I link with this reply, it's good and if it's not, I go put me in foetal position...

Hum... I don't know why there is now a strange purple/pink filtre, that wasn't there when I saved it yesterday... Maybe it's saving options I didn't check right? (I have many option when I save things in ".dds" but I don't know what is what or which one does what!)

Sorry to be so a newbie!

That's OK I'm new too.

Are you using an eyelash mod? "New eyes and eyelashes" or something like that?

I have never used one before, so I don't know where the files go.

On the Nexus there is an eyelash alpha file mod that you could unpack and look at to get an idea of what to do.

The eye color is strange I can't figure that out.

Could you upload the dds texture file as an attachment?

OK, forget my previous post.

I have uploaded two JPEGS. They are from one eye texture file.

The first one should look like your RGB channels.

The second should look like your Alpha channel.

Note: the white "lashes" part "selects" the black part from the black bar in the RGB channel

The white bar at the bottom of the alpha channel "selects" the entire eye texture par of the RGB channel.

My guess is that you have an all white Alpha channel.

It is not masking out all the individual lashes, so you get a solid black bar instead.

Note: when you save the DDS file, make it DXT5 interpolated alpha.

post-118996-0-20278400-1376718342_thumb.jpg

post-118996-0-61436500-1376718352_thumb.jpg

post-118996-0-02393600-1376723152_thumb.jpg

post-118996-0-30785200-1376723161_thumb.jpg

Sorry to be so a newbie!

The color almost looks like a normal map background color.

Maybe you combined them somehow?

One more thing:

If your files are upside down in your texture files (mine are flipped 180 from yours) don't try to rotate them.

Your mod may need them like you have them.

Try this,

Open up an existing eye file from skyrim- it might be best to copy it from your eye folder.

Then open up your modified file. Compare them side by side and look for differences.

The only change should be the color of the eye (unless you changed the lash)

IIRC, this is caused when you don't assign textures to eye overlays properly in the CK.

I could be wrong.

It appears like there is a double pupil on the texture.

I've seen this before somewhere. I really want to see that texture flipped, to see if it fixed it.

If it was an existing texture, that was modified, and replaced with the same name, same format, I can't see how it would fail.

EDIT: The eyes from the ningheim race are very different than vanilla style eyes, It will be a bit of a job to make them work.

I would look for alternatives.

Read this:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/983022-the-ningheim-race-bug-report-topic/

I tried on vanilla eyes textures. I tooke screen of what I have when I save, how I save, what I have in game (eye ball texture and eyelashes texture reversed) and what I have when I close the file and open it after (it's upside down). I don't know why it does that. It's really strange!

post-143058-0-45848900-1376841208_thumb.jpg

post-143058-0-01860900-1376841218_thumb.png

post-143058-0-45616200-1376841222_thumb.png

post-143058-0-33124600-1376841228_thumb.png

post-143058-0-51850900-1376841232_thumb.png

post-143058-0-74522900-1376841239_thumb.png

OK, now I'm in the fetal position.

I thought this might be an easy fix, but there is more going on here.

If your character is based on the ningheim race, it has special eye mesh files that change during the game.

The textures are setup to do special things, but I don't think your textures are the problem.

Something may not be assigning the textures in the right places.

I'm stumped. Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. Someone else must have a better idea.

I hope you are keeping backups of your vanilla textures.

I think Shaydow might have the right idea.

Archived