Been thinking about getting back into Skyrim...

So after a number of years, I'm really getting the urge to mod it up and play again... but I'm curious how the adult modding is now? Should I go with Special Edition or stick with Regular? Last time I tried to do Skyrim with this new rig things were weird due to the massive amount of FPS I was able to get and I just didn't feel like modding it up to fix it  so I shelved the game to never play again. 

I don't go too crazy with mods. Main thing is Alternative Start, Death Alternatives, defeat, animations of all mobs etc.  

I guess what I'm mostly wondering is if by now Special Edition has the same level of adult mods as the original version or should I just go with the original version 

4 hours ago, flux003 said:

I guess what I'm mostly wondering is if by now Special Edition has the same level of adult mods as the original version or should I just go with the original version 

Special Edition has gotten much closer to what Legacy Edition offers in sexual content. All the stuff you listed is supported. I would say there are slightly less sex animations available than the original, but not by too much. I switched to SE after I completely bricked my copy of LE and thus far I've been happy with the switch.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:15 AM, MrEsturk said:

I would say there are slightly less sex animations available than the original, but not by too much.

I think this is not an issue. You normally can convert most of the animations with a simple Tool.

Also I think Cathedral can convert it very easy or you go the the manual "way" (that's what i do because its easier for me. just copy, paste double click)

Take the BehaviorProcess engine from here:

\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess

Copy the .exe in MMO inside your Mod you need to convert. Place the bat next to it and run the bat. It converts all Animations.

Technically you can place it in MMO in a own Mod folder and run it over everything, but that takes a very long time... I recommend doing it mod by mod. if it makes problems.

I only found 1 very small animation set this didn't worked and lead to CtDs during loading. But i assume if this leads to crashes it maybe isn't stable in LE either.

Convert.bat

Edited by coffeeink

Sweet, thank you for the feedback. I suppose I'll check out what animation packs are for each and go from there.  That was another reason I wanted to jump back into the game and see what kind of new animations were out there since the last time I was playing. 

Check out inquisitor magic behavior overhaul and skysa, 

There is a true third person overhaul that absolutely rocks and a mod called better third person selection makes playing in third person picking up items easy.

Non adult mods that really modernize the game.

Point being non adult mods have really pushed the modding scene and there are loads of sse must try mods now days.