Some of you like me may have recently gotten a Steam Deck and want to be able to play your favorite adult mods on the go so I thought I'd write up a guide on how I got this working pretty much flawlessly as there isn't much online for how to do this.

This method bypasses needing to install MO2 on the deck itself or any tinkering with Steam and Linux Commands.

Disclaimer - Despite the Steam Deck being a relatively forgiving device and the steps being pretty easy/safe follow this guide at your own risk, I take no responsibility if you mess up and brick your Deck. Also as mentioned below in the notes I do not in any way advise, recommend or condone/support using Adult Mods in a Public setting.

Requirements:

Steam Deck (Any model should work although this was done using the 512gb model)

SD Card or USB Drive with Adapter (I did this using a blank SD Card)

Steam copy of Fallout NV installed on Deck Internal Storage (Not an SD Card) - Ensure you run this at least once first to ensure all necessary files are generated and set launcher settings

Any copy of Fallout NV installed on your regular PC with the mods you want installed already (Note my mods were installed originally using a combo of Vortex and FOMM on a GOG copy)

Fresh copy of the latest version of NVSE downloaded and unzipped on your PC

Last things to note is as far as I know this should work with any combination of mods that launch normally however your mileage may vary. Also a keyboard and mouse connected to the Deck would make this easier however it can be done using just the deck controls (I did it with just the controls)

Guide:

1 - Connect your USB Drive or SD Card to the PC (If using an SD Card ensure this is formatted to exFAT) and copy across the data folder from your fallout install directory (If you have folders labelled mods or install info in the same place as Data not inside it also copy these as I did) along with the unzipped NVSE folder.

2 - Boot the Steam Deck into Desktop Mode using the Steam button - Power and then Switch to Desktop (Note this step is especially essential for SD Card users as it will format it if you insert the card while still in Gaming Mode)

3 - Open up your Fallout NV install directory on the Deck (The easiest method to find this is to open Steam in the Desktop Mode, find Fallout NV and choose browse local files in the settings)

4 - Connect the SD Card or USB Drive to the Deck

5 - Delete the Data folder from the Fallout NV install directory on the Deck and copy across the one from your SD Card or Drive to replace it (If you copied the mods or install info folders also copy these across now too into the same place as the Data Folder)

6 - Rename the FalloutNVLauncher.exe file to something random and then rename nvse_loader.exe to FalloutNVLauncher.exe

7 - Eject the SD Card or USB Drive and remove then return to Gaming Mode

8 - Launch Fallout NV as normal from Gaming Mode and that's it, enjoy your mods

Known Bugs:

Player Character will appear invisible in Sex Scenes when starting in 1st person view (Possibly due to load order issues) - This can be fixed by playing the game in 3rd Person view which will then function as normal (Alternatively just switch to 3rd person before starting a scene if you don't want to play the whole thing that way)

Final Notes:

Other than the one easy to workaround bug above this runs amazingly well, controls are intuitive and no lag from the mods installed (Even with the relatively large number of mods I have). It's great to be able to take and play this anywhere (Within reason, I would not recommend or condone using adult mods in Public settings).

I'd also recommend if you don't want to have to mess around with the console too much but also want to be able to make some modifications (Like carry weight etc) to install a cheat terminal mod like I have as the console can be a bit of a pain to use with the onscreen keyboard.

Hope this guide helps you all.

• 6 months later...