Expressions control mod/tool during sex scenes?

Hey, everyone!

Sexlab has a built-in expression function. It's not really bad, yet there is a flaw I'd like to fix somehow - the eyes. They always look at the same direction, and this cannot be changed if you have facial expressions enabled in Sexlab - your changes get overwritten in a few secs. Yet, it is not really convenient to type MFG console commands to set the expressions manually every time. Is there an expression manager which would allow me to control them more conveniently?

I've tried F.E.P., but, sadly, it resets the changes, made previously by the mod (for example, I set the mood to HAPPY, then I change the look direction to UP, but it resets the mood, so the character now only looks up without any expression. Not really what I wanted.

14 hours ago, Iolya said:

Hey, everyone!

Sexlab has a built-in expression function. It's not really bad, yet there is a flaw I'd like to fix somehow - the eyes. They always look at the same direction, and this cannot be changed if you have facial expressions enabled in Sexlab - your changes get overwritten in a few secs. Yet, it is not really convenient to type MFG console commands to set the expressions manually every time. Is there an expression manager which would allow me to control them more conveniently?

I've tried F.E.P., but, sadly, it resets the changes, made previously by the mod (for example, I set the mood to HAPPY, then I change the look direction to UP, but it resets the mood, so the character now only looks up without any expression. Not really what I wanted.

You would have to modify the sslBaseExpression script.

Personally I made a faction that is recognized by that script and my sex manager adds that faction at start.  If the faction is rank 1, sslBaseExpression doesn't mess with the eyes at all, if it is 2, it doesn't mess with the mouth, if 3 it doesn't touch anything.

So the expression manager in my mod uses that for faction based on what type on animation is playing (oral, leave the mouth alone, etc).

tl;dr:  you have to modify the script, and have to provide a way for it to know when to make the changes you want.

8 hours ago, iSukRocks said:

think hotkey poser has an option to hotkey expressions

True, but the expressions work only if I activate a pose, they do not seem to be working during the SL scenes :)

8 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

you have to modify the script, and have to provide a way for it to know when to make the changes you want.

If you could explain a little bit more about how could this be done, that would be great :)  If it possible with TESVEdit, or do I have to use Creation Kit for it (it is unavailable for EGS version, AFAIK)? Do I have to modify Sexlab.esp/esm itself?

5 hours ago, Iolya said:

If it possible with TESVEdit, or do I have to use Creation Kit for it (it is unavailable for EGS version, AFAIK)? Do I have to modify Sexlab.esp/esm itself?

Possible with a script compiler and xEdit, but you'd really have to know what you are doing with it.  There's no need to mess with the esp at all unless you are trying to create a system to control the expressions.  Otherwise, you can just tinker with the script to get it to stop doing the problematic thing.  Look at other mods that change sslBaseExpression for pointers on how to do it (Devious Devices is one, I think OsmelMC's SL tools do as well).