Keep getting VCRUNTIME140.dll errors, unsure how to proceed

Recent crash log.

It always seems to come down to  

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FFE6B0914E9 VCRUNTIME140.dll+00014E9    vmovdqu ymm3, [rdx+0x40]

Everything after the vcruntime.dll varies, but sfaik this is a windows issue. I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, but it only gets so far into the installation before it tells me that it's already installed and aborts the procedure.

I've tried a solution suggested here:

Method 3: SFC scan.

a Press “Windows Key + Q”.
b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.
c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.
d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

This seemed like it worked for a bit but I eventually ran into the same problem. I did find a solution here on the forums that I tried trough the Engine Fixes mod, where I changed the SaveGameMaxSize = true , but that unfortunately hasn't helped either.

I'm not entirely sure what's up. The solutions I'm encountering now in my searches are either repeats of solutions I've already seen, or turned out to be the result of mods I don't have. I'm thinking of trying to uninstall the larger mods I have, I'm wondering if complete alchemy and cooking overhaul isn't causing issues somehow, but I know turning mods off can come with its own issues.

I'd appreciate any help. I tried figuring it out on my own but at this rate I'm left scratching my head :\

If win 10 and the game is installed correct, in that case you got a problem by an installation of another software, maybe.

Stuuf like that mostly happened, if windows has not installed all it´s additional packs. If you have a software, which is damaging parts of windows, this maybe also can happen.

Or you have a wrong setting somewhere, related to win 10.

Your issue is in SkyrimSE.exe+0597BE9, the VCRUNTIME140.dll offset is probably just an error handler/reporter/whatever.

It seems the crash occured while loading a saved game. There's not that many hints in the log so open the problematic/latest save in ReSaver and see what that tells ya.

14 hours ago, traison said:

It seems the crash occured while loading a saved game. There's not that many hints in the log so open the problematic/latest save in ReSaver and see what that tells ya.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try playing around with ReSaver. I've used it to clean up saves before (and have tried it with my more recent saves) but haven't had it fix anything so far as I can tell, but I'll look around at other options. I'm only aware that it can remove unattached instances and undefined elements, I'm not sure what any of the other options do.

Also, ReSaver's UI is really small for some reason, I can barely read through it's options. 

6 hours ago, sci fi samurai said:

haven't had it fix anything

It probably won't. But I find its quite good at telling whether or not a save is bricked or not. If ReSaver says it's broken, then that's pretty much it as far as I know.

6 hours ago, sci fi samurai said:

UI is really small

Probably doesn't support DPI scaling.

10 hours ago, traison said:

It probably won't. But I find its quite good at telling whether or not a save is bricked or not. If ReSaver says it's broken, then that's pretty much it as far as I know.

It has, the error I get for the bricked save is Error while reading file 'Save... .ess'. Error while reading the Papyrus section. 

I'm not entirely sure what the papyrus section is. I do have PowerofThree's Papyrus Extender... idk if that's what it's referencing though.

I don't know either, but what I'd do if I absolutely had to get the save working again is use ReSaver to remove script instances from the save. Start with things that are not essential, maybe mcm menus and less important mod scripts. Typically when you remove a script from the save it will behave as if it was recently installed, ie. settings are gone and it will "start from the beginnin" for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, I'll play with it and see what I can come up with. This is actually the second playthrough I started since the last one bricked after a certain point, too. Then I found out through crash logger that it was an older mod that was causing the issue, and dumping the mod resolved the issue. Now it's the vcruntime error and it's proving to be much more mysterious.