Fallout 4 - Creation Kit - I'm trying to add idle animations (poses) to a few dialogue lines but the changes are not being saved

I have edited the dialogue lines of an adult mod to make it more immersive in respect to my current play-through. The edits worked fine and I'm very happy with them. For the next step, I would like to add custom idle animations (poses) to a few lines. Specifically, I want to make use of some of the idles by the Daily Lives of Hookers mod.

I have loaded the poses mod along with the mod that I'm editing in Creation Kit and I can access the poses when I'm editing the dialogue lines (see image below).

seu_poses.png.62d8ed01bda7f750fafa1237d05c3ec3.png

The problem is that, contrary to every other change I make, this particular edit is not saved every time I save my changes. So when I reload Creation Kit, this pose will not be selected as shown above and by proxy I don't see the pose in the game.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: For the record, the idle animation is saved if I choose any of the standard ones (those provided by the base game).

Edited by Commander_
  • Commander_ changed the title to Fallout 4 - Creation Kit - I'm trying to add idle animations (poses) to a few dialogue lines but the changes are not being saved
18 hours ago, Commander_ said:

I have edited the dialogue lines of an adult mod to make it more immersive in respect to my current play-through. The edits worked fine and I'm very happy with them. For the next step, I would like to add custom idle animations (poses) to a few lines. Specifically, I want to make use of some of the idles by the Daily Lives of Hookers mod.

I have loaded the poses mod along with the mod that I'm editing in Creation Kit and I can access the poses when I'm editing the dialogue lines (see image below).

seu_poses.png.62d8ed01bda7f750fafa1237d05c3ec3.png

The problem is that, contrary to every other change I make, this particular edit is not saved every time I save my changes. So when I reload Creation Kit, this pose will not be selected as shown above and by proxy I don't see the pose in the game.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: For the record, the idle animation is saved if I choose any of the standard ones (those provided by the base game).

This is a bit of a red herring in the CK. You don't use custom animations like that. You place the literal HKX files in the voice directory, with the same ID name of the dialogue topic. And that's it. The engine will automatically play the custom animation. Piper uses this in her intro, you can find that long winded intro anim at the gate for her in her voice dir.

I've used this extensively in Ivy and in the end I even made a custom application for it so I could simply choose the anim from a drop down for any topic and the app would copy the HKX file to the appropriate voice directory.

*note: When packing the voice files into a BA2, you pack these within the same BA2 as the fuz files!

image.png.e34a47088f0cf396e7968f9170692f95.png

Edited by Reginald_001