Any plans to make adult mods for the new Dwarf Fortress

I don't think it was a full on mod Like how rimjobworld is with rimworld, it just added a few lewd things (As far as i can remember) but none the less id say it would be a welcome addition and a start. The modding scene is blowing up id say just give it a month or two and there will be a mod in the works.

The only thing that i think will make it difficult is the like character sprites it will probably just be regulated to like a description of the events with nothing actually being able to be seen. The only way I could see a work around to this is either making a sprite pack that goes with the mod.

I've been modding Dwarf Fortress since I was 13. There's a few possibilities but it's going to be limited. The only new possibility is modifying the sprites. The reason this is new is that previously sprites were by profession. So every dwarf that had mason as their highest skill looked exactly the same. So like, you couldn't make male or female ones look different, and what they wore wouldn't matter. Now I believe you can. Even if there isn't a straight up different sprites for male and female, which I think there can be, you could at least use the system that allows for beards and hair styles to look different to create a body that looks different. Sadly female dwarves don't have beards by default, and that's represented on their sprites. So would be able to make something work there. I just checked and it seems female dwarves have a bra on their body sprite so that should be easy enough.

Otherwise, very limited. Mods adding genital body parts used to be pretty common, even the Genesis mod, I think the most popular mod for a period of time many years ago, had genitals in it. But it's been a while since any have come out with them, and it isn't even that sexual since the main purpose they serve is getting injured in combat.

Not really possible to add sex. There's one modder I know of that attempted it. Here's their profile on dffd.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=5570

Sadly the descriptions are gone since I guess the website lost all of them recently. There's two mods that use a lot of the same stuff, Slaves to Raius is basically a new version of Plague of the Black King but I think they cut the sex attempt because it wasn't working. So it's only in Plague of the Black King. It was an attempt to add prostitution to adventurer mode with a complicated set of interactions, but it didn't work since I think the evaporating boulder method of reactions became unreliable.

I'd get its Bay12forum posts but the forums are mostly down right now.

For the most part they aren't sex mods they're supposed to be like, dark fantasy mods I guess. They seem decent ignoring the broken stuff. I've played them a bit.

Actually I did once make my own attempt at a sex mod. Kind of. I've been maintaining a version of the succubus mod on the forums that keeps the genitals for a long time. To cover the full history, in like 2011 or something a foocubus mod was made that added succubi, incubi, tentacle demons, and some imps. Then years later another modder started working on it and adding actual interesting stuff to it, but removed the explicit sexual content. Still implied sexual content. It even made it into Masterwork Dwarf Fortress back when they were putting a million playable races in. Anyway it's a bit of work adding the genitals back in and when I said maintaining I meant, sometimes I've wanted to play it so I go and edit the most recent version at the time to have the genitals back and I haven't done it in quite a while. Anyway, my attempt at a sex focused mod was uh, only really fitting with incubi because basically they would just ejaculate on the floor whenever they encountered someone. I wanted to also make them feel emotions when they did it, like lust and satisfaction or something, but you can't tie that to an emission so it kinda just puts cum on the ground randomly making more cleaning work.

Maybe with DFHack you could make something a bit more advanced.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if you would call it sexual per say, but there was a succubus mod done by a guy going by the name of boltgun some 2 years ago. Was one of the more "famous" mods that were added to masterwork before whatever happened to it. In general I liked Masterwork anyhow, so long as it didn't crash, which it did and often. 

Id like to see it (the succubi mod) resurrected in some form for the new game, and maybe other demons as different selectable races (sorta like a 7 deadly sins sorta thing. Each race for each sin sort of thing).

Idk if you could add in simple sex interaction events between two entities and it turn up in the log, sorta like a combat event only lewd. TBH tho it dose not need to be crazy, whatever happens. I think it would be far more fitting that anything sexual be on point with the theme rather than have BDSM latex Dominatrix races popping up infesting people with hyperpregnacy or some shit. Its hilarious but breaks the feel of the game really. 

Ether way, I'm looking forward to more content no matter what it is, whether its lewd or not, no matter how extreme... after all, at worse its just hilarious.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...