I'm not sure if it's a conflict or if I'm just missing something, but I have the muscle worship mod and tmex's better exceptions is throwing an aggressive amount of last exception errors at me and pinpointing it as the cause, mainly saying something along the lines of "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'trait_replacement_buffs'", with like an error popup every couple minutes. Not sure if it needs updating or what's going on there, or if it's just a false alarm that better exceptions is going to keep throwing as long as it's actively scanning for issues. I really like the concept behind this mod and am really enjoying the gameplay, so definitely want to keep it, but it's certainly putting my game through the wringer as it stands. Any help would be appreciated!

Could you possibly send me the le reports? I'm not sure I'd be able to exactly do much with it, but I might be able to tease some inclination out of it. 

That being said, do you possibly also have the musk mod installed? Because Muscle Worship only has two replacement buffs, where as the musk mod has many, and they are more closely tied to key mechanics (hygeine.) My other question is whether or not you have wicked whims installed as the Musk Mod has a replacement buff for WW's Sweaty buff. 

Based on just a preliminary google search this kind of LE pops up when a trait tries to repalce a buff, but can't find the replacement, so that's why I ask about WW and Musk Mod. If it is indeed muscle growth, let me know when you see these LE's pop up- theoretically it should only be when a sim gets fatigued from working out, or wake up sore the next day, as those two buffs get replaced with flirty buffs. 

7 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

Could you possibly send me the le reports? I'm not sure I'd be able to exactly do much with it, but I might be able to tease some inclination out of it. 

That being said, do you possibly also have the musk mod installed? Because Muscle Worship only has two replacement buffs, where as the musk mod has many, and they are more closely tied to key mechanics (hygeine.) My other question is whether or not you have wicked whims installed as the Musk Mod has a replacement buff for WW's Sweaty buff. 

Based on just a preliminary google search this kind of LE pops up when a trait tries to repalce a buff, but can't find the replacement, so that's why I ask about WW and Musk Mod. If it is indeed muscle growth, let me know when you see these LE's pop up- theoretically it should only be when a sim gets fatigued from working out, or wake up sore the next day, as those two buffs get replaced with flirty buffs. 

Sent you a dm with the report, don't have the musk mod installed, but do have WW installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This mod assigns the bisexual trait to my sim despite he is not attracted to women at all based on both his WichedWhims attractiveness settings and his native gender preference. I have tried removing it and adding the "gay" trait manually, but the bi trait keeps coming back, even if it means that my character is both gay and bi at the same time.

Edited by Categoricus

I think your commenting on the wrong mod as the gay and bi traits are from my gay archetypes mod. Bi and gay are based on the CAS sexual orientation options: if the sim has interests in women checked for either woohoo or romance or has "Is exploring romantically" it'll apply the bi trait automatically. 

On 7/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, Chris Pyre said:

I think your commenting on the wrong mod as the gay and bi traits are from my gay archetypes mod. Bi and gay are based on the CAS sexual orientation options: if the sim has interests in women checked for either woohoo or romance or has "Is exploring romantically" it'll apply the bi trait automatically. 

Thanks, Chris. I didn't know that gender preference could be customised in CAS because I had Turbodriver's Intersex Tuning installed all this time, which had been blocking this feature since it was introduced in July 2022. Gay Archetypes now seem to function as intended. Apologies for confusing the threads: for some reason, I thought GA was an addon to TBWT.

• 2 months later...

I tried your Musk mod on my Slob Cowboy, and I noticed that it doesn't shown the green smoke around him, which I miss it.

I also thought that maybe you could improve the musky smoke improvising with something like Vampires can do as they use a Vampire ability and activating the reactions in area, in case the Musky Sim would reach very low hygiene.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, 

I tested out both this and your muscle worshipper mod and while the functions of the mods themselves seemed to be working fine I noticed that the muscle gainer aspiration disables the decay of the sims' energy need and, similarly, the musk lover trait stops hygiene decay. I was looking through the other comments on here but it seems nobody else has been having this problem so I assumed it was a mod conflict and cleared out my mods folder to test it again - lo and behold; the needs still weren't decaying. The only way to fix it was to take the mods out.

I'm still under the impression that the issue is something on my end because it seems nobody else is experiencing this, do you have any idea what might be causing it? thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the musk mod and your effort to advance it from time to time, Chris. I really like it. It's so much fun to play. I recently noticed that when you're sniffing a musky Sim (who's not a musk lover) than she gets very self-confident about her musk, wich I find is soso cool. I'm curious what may be your next ideas for this mod. Anyway, keep on going the good work!

• 2 months later...

How exactly is the Musk mod supposed to work? Is it still up to date?

Only thing which worked for me so far was using the "sniff pits" option. This didn't give me the new musk lover trait. Also, I am not able not find any musk related trait or aspirations (neither in cas nor in the ingame menus).

Edited by guy-123