Where do I find DialogueTopics for Say()?

If all you're interested in is dialogue topics, then xEdit would be by far the fastest way to browse all of them. Otherwise, dialogue topics are always (?) inside quests. I'm not too familiar with dialogue, but at least the player dialogue tab uses them.

Path in xEdit:  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Dialog Topic

2 hours ago, Fotogen said:

I dont need this complex type of dialogue, i just want an npc to play audio (no player interaction whatsoever). But thank you.

4 hours ago, traison said:

If all you're interested in is dialogue topics, then xEdit would be by far the fastest way to browse all of them. Otherwise, dialogue topics are always (?) inside quests. I'm not too familiar with dialogue, but at least the player dialogue tab uses them.

Path in xEdit:  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Dialog Topic

Is it possible to navigate there in ck as well?

1 hour ago, traison said:

Like I said, inside quests.

Where, though?

Like, if I wanted to find something that every NPC has to have - like a greeting, reaction to rainy weather, or whatever - where am I supposed to look?

image.thumb.png.402bc16c92c624c7ed683fc65a47fbeb.png

I found a quest "GenericDialogueWounded", of which I though this might have pain sounds for every NPC. But when I open it, I get some errors saying stuff about dlls and flow graphs, then this shows - where am I supposed to find the audio and how can I listen to it?

image.thumb.png.9008474b1b093e8323eeffbb90ffdf89.png

I find that greetings and and such are within hold-specific dialogue quests. So for instance, for generic whiterun stuff:

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Quest \ 000270A4 <DialogueWhiterun>

...or in CK, just: DialogueWhiterun

Edit: This is sort of why I recommended xEdit, it allows you to do this backwards. Find the topic you want, and it wil show you the quest that references it. After that you can use the tool you want to edit. Both works, just one seems more suited than the other, at least from where I'm sitting.

Edited by traison
19 minutes ago, traison said:

I find that greetings and and such are within hold-specific dialogue quests. So for instance, for generic whiterun stuff:

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Quest \ 000270A4 <DialogueWhiterun>

...or in CK, just: DialogueWhiterun

Edit: This is sort of why I recommended xEdit, it allows you to do this backwards. Find the topic you want, and it wil show you the quest that references it. After that you can use the tool you want to edit. Both works, just one seems more suited than the other, at least from where I'm sitting.

OK, I found the Topic under "Misc" ("GenericDialogueWoundedShared"):

image.thumb.png.ba86e313d73dfc6299836acf59cc7e2b.png

How am I supposed to do this?

Scriptname EffectScript extends activemagiceffect 

Topic GenericDialogueWoundedShared
Actor akNPC

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	akNPC = akTarget
	RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.25)
EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
	akNPC.Say(GenericDialogueWoundedShared)
	RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.25)
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	UnregisterForUpdate()
EndEvent

Because if I do it like this, nothing happens.

1 minute ago, traison said:

You may find an example in SL Defeat, it plays wounded sounds when the player is escaping.

So the way I am doing things is correct?

What if I have a sub-topic? I did what you said and looked at things using xEdit - I found the "I yield" line, which every NPC should be able to say, I suppose:

image.thumb.png.35973d1b8150fda4c4c549321a59dff9.png

I have a cloak spell running, trying to force NPCs to say things - how might I go about this one line? What do I do with the formID, I dont suppose I can use it like the Topic I tried above?

Thanks for all your help, by the way^^