SKYRIM SE textures: Digitalized Textures - Granulated Crunch

SKYRIM SE produces different granulated/digitized bad texture-artefacts by using MILD sharpness (1.00 !!)

Textures are VANILLA and this is caused WITH or WITHOUT ENB in a same way-no difference.

LE is not showing such messed up nonsence. Maybe there´s a setting for this somewhere in the basic-game ini, somewhere?

SkyrimSE 2022-11-08 21-34-31-23.jpg

SkyrimSE 2022-11-08 21-35-35-44.jpg

SkyrimSE 2022-11-08 21-35-45-35.jpg

I guess the problem lies wherever you set "MILD" sharpening, no? I mean what is that? A game setting?

Those screenshots are not without some kind of post-processing, or at the very least a competent lighting overhaul mod. SSE has bloom turned up to 11 by default, that's missing from the images.

Otherwise:

1. When you say vanilla textures you actually mean fresh out of the game's bsa files. Not "vanilla" textures crammed through a texture optimizer of some kind?
  2. If you've made changes to the games ini files, I'd recommend you try resetting them.
  3. If you have no custom textures, no changed nifs, no enb or other shader replacers or post-processing binaries then your issue is in your gpu driver.

ENB has no influence on this. I personally guess that those texture-pictures of oldrim have been sharpened and upscaled and now this stuff looks odd inside of SE.

SOLVED: I replaced the SE textures with those from OLDRIM.

SkyrimSE 2022-11-08 22-39-03-26.jpg

Edited by t.ara
20 hours ago, traison said:

I guess the problem lies wherever you set "MILD" sharpening, no? I mean what is that? A game setting?

Those screenshots are not without some kind of post-processing, or at the very least a competent lighting overhaul mod. SSE has bloom turned up to 11 by default, that's missing from the images.

Otherwise:

1. When you say vanilla textures you actually mean fresh out of the game's bsa files. Not "vanilla" textures crammed through a texture optimizer of some kind?
  2. If you've made changes to the games ini files, I'd recommend you try resetting them.
  3. If you have no custom textures, no changed nifs, no enb or other shader replacers or post-processing binaries then your issue is in your gpu driver.

Thank you for your reply-but the problem is simply the pictures of textures. I will try to add some alternative textures for some few very bad looking surfaces. ENB´s settings and also the GPU-settings do not have influence on this. It ´s so much pity, that BETHESDA did not add fully NEW textures into SE. This ALIASING effects occure as soon a picture gets sharpened or/and scaled-of course depending on the technique. The overall texture-size amount of SE is much more larger, compared with LE and I sadly guess that those textures mostly became scaled and became digitally "remastered" suiting to the newer engine. But some stuff of those sadly look very bad. In between I added some MODS, which offer 2K textures and which offer a clean and sharp work, becoming the original texture-replacers-the game is little changing it´s style, but I ´ll little play with some mods of that, so to get the best out of those.

I also used a special TOOL for scaling and optimizing smaller textures UP to higher quality-textures in some few cases, but that uses TIME and work on ONE picture and then you also have to create a NORMAL-map suiting and a diffuse map as well again...and without getting those artefacts:-)