Question about simple Lovin' mod

I have a question for the RW modders here: after having been trying to sort out all the post-Biotech mod conflicts with RJW, I thought about starting a new playthrough with less, but still a little bit of H-stuff. So I am wondering if there exist a mod that just allow you to initiate vanilla Lovin' between pawns?

I am thinking of something that on the drop-down menu when you select a pawn and select another pawn would give you the option of [Initiate Lovin'], which would then be done on the spot (alternatively both pawns going to the best/nearest/owned bed, and no extra animations), and would otherwise be standard vanilla Lovin' (with standard vanilla/Biotech chance of pregnancy, when applicable). No rape, bestiality or anything else.

Does a mod like this exist? If not, would it be difficult to make?

I don't have any RW/C#-modding experiencing myself, and I suspect this cannot be solved with a simple XML patch. I also suspect this might be a mod that others beside myself might want to use (as a complement to RJW, on individual playthroughs or when mod conflicts galore, or as a standalone if you think that RJW is a bit too much H, and just want vanilla Lovin' but with a bit extra control).

I hope this is not all stupid.

Yeah I agree with this being a thing,  All the better too if it were to be hooked up to the animations and assets made for RimJobWorld.

That said,  Bestiality can be(and by default is) disabled on RimJobWorld,  And if you edit the settings for RJW,  rape can be "roughly" disabled too.  But it does indeed add a lot of odd things to the game.  I could be missing other things that can be disabled too.

I also disabled RJW in favor of Biotech and when I think about it, there isn't really anything that I would miss in vanilla.

Being able to force pawns into having sex and chance of pregnancy would perhaps give you more freedom in your sandbox but it also would make it a worse game.

In vanilla you are encouraged to let pawns sleep in the same bed at the same time using romance, marriage, bed assignment and work schedule. You cut all that out of the game if you can simply force the pawns into having sex instantly.

12 hours ago, Lonewolf222 said:

Yeah I agree with this being a thing,  All the better too if it were to be hooked up to the animations and assets made for RimJobWorld.

That said,  Bestiality can be(and by default is) disabled on RimJobWorld,  And if you edit the settings for RJW,  rape can be "roughly" disabled too.  But it does indeed add a lot of odd things to the game.  I could be missing other things that can be disabled too.

I have been using RJW for years, and I usually have at least a few features turned off, and occasionally most features when I am doing a 'mostly' vanilla/non-H playthorugh, but performance always takes a hit, and I have yet to get RJW to comfortably work with my usual mod list post-Biotech. I am still planning to use RJW for 'heavy-H' playthroughs, but a simple (and performance friendly) mod to just allow you to force initiate vanilla Lovin' would be awesome. Optional animations would be truly awesome as well. I suppose I am just saying I'm agreeing with you in a roundabout way... :) 

11 hours ago, AthelstanDied said:

I also disabled RJW in favor of Biotech and when I think about it, there isn't really anything that I would miss in vanilla.

Being able to force pawns into having sex and chance of pregnancy would perhaps give you more freedom in your sandbox but it also would make it a worse game.

In vanilla you are encouraged to let pawns sleep in the same bed at the same time using romance, marriage, bed assignment and work schedule. You cut all that out of the game if you can simply force the pawns into having sex instantly.

Valid point - I won't deny that a mod like this would make things easier, but many, perhaps most RW mods do make the game significantly easier. Still, if a mod like this would exist, then you'd have the option to decide for yourself.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, dstw98 said:

+1
Even created a LoversLab account just to say that I want this mod. I bet if you upload it to Steam Workshop (I don't think it would be adult enough to be banned), it would fast become a favourite...

I'm honoured! :D 

I am still a complete beginner when it comes to RW/C#-modding, so unless this is doable in XML, or an AMAZING person and experienced modder would be willing to have a go at making a simple mod like this, then I probably need a fair bit of help from a senpai or two if this is ever going to happen...

1 hour ago, dstw98 said:

I'm also a complete noob when it comes to modding, but couldn't you just extract the code line from RJW that relates to allowing the player to force pawns to have sex with each other, and then make a mod with it on its own (minus all the rest)?

Well, to start with, I am not too comfortable at straight-up 'borrowing' code from someone else (even if giving them credit in the mod description), as it seems like as a potentially douchey thing to do. Second, if I know what part of the RJW code that allowed you to force pawns to do sexy times with each other, then I would probably be able to write the necessary code myself, instead of having to solicitate help from more experienced modders on the LoversLab forum.

Still, I am grateful for all suggestions and ideas at this stage, and if an experienced modder would be an amazing chap and actually make a simple mod like this, then they will have fulfilled the charity quest of the day (making all colonists with the relevant ideoligion precepts happy in the process)!

1 hour ago, J4m35 said:

Well, to start with, I am not too comfortable at straight-up 'borrowing' code from someone else (even if giving them credit in the mod description), as it seems like as a potentially douchey thing to do.

Not at all. If it wasn't explicitly allowed by the author of RJW to reuse the code it wouldn't be under an MIT license. That's basically the most "do what you want, I don't care" license you can put stuff under while still maintaining copyright.

3 hours ago, Damedesu1 said:

Not at all. If it wasn't explicitly allowed by the author of RJW to reuse the code it wouldn't be under an MIT license. That's basically the most "do what you want, I don't care" license you can put stuff under while still maintaining copyright.

Thanks, good to know. However, I am still lacking the relevant know-how of to successfully identify the specific line in the code, but I will give it a try.

In retrospect I suspect it might be more douchey of me to keep asking others to make the mod I proposed in the first place...

Btw, if I am going to try and copy/paste code from RJW, does anyone know if the issue of parallel fertility/pregnancy systems post-Biotech has been fixed yet for human/human sex interactions? If so, then perhaps there is a finite chance of me succeeding at this...

Edit: Just looked at RJW, and seems to be the case, so will give it a go, but don't expect anything (and certainly nothing soon). If anyone more likely to succeed would like to try, then please do.

Edited by J4m35
Had a look at RJW