Some experience in making Guild Wars 2 nude models

First of all, thanks to the ModelMod makers, it is possible to implement custom mods.

https://github.com/jmquigs/ModelMod

Follow the tutorial steps to implement custom mods and tell me about some of the problems I encountered:

1. d3d9.dll cannot inject Gw2-64.exe due to third-party startup. I used the windows registry AppInit_DLLs to implement dll injection. Interested parties can search for dll registry injection related content.
  2. When customizing the model, the vertex group for the transition of Position and UV must be created, otherwise the model will stick to the ground.
  3. Game characters I use a female human, professional engineer, wearing Elonian Elementalist Outfit, the game can only be customized according to the situation of my character, released personal mods, others should not be able to use.
  4. When using the third-party model, the arm drooping position should be basically consistent with the exported model, otherwise the hand will be misaligned.
  5. For game costumes, which are removed by custom mods, a side should be left inside the body and not visible.
  6. The custom mod can only read one copy of the custom Texture, so it should be merged into one texture when exported to the game. Texture support tga.
  7. You should press ctrl + f3 or ctrl + f4 on the character selection interface to select and extract the character model.
  8. You need to have some basic knowledge of modeling in Blender, so you can search through tutorials and be ready to modify your mod in a couple of days.

If you are interested, you can try it. I studied it for a day, and then I made it.

Warning: Using ModelMod to modify a game model may be blocked, just like installing an unofficial plugin.

Finally, I will show you my revised game mod, and note that you should only see it yourself. If you play a game, you will see the Elonian Elementalist Outfit:

gw001.jpg

Send the nude mod to Blender 2.79 and use ModelMod to import the plugin into Blender with the mmobj model file installed.

Note: This mod works for human females, height sets the game minimum, if the import model is confused, try changing the character's hairstyle. For other clothing mods, use Blender to remove them yourself.

Important: Wearing a different Outfit this time, the Wedding Attire Outfit.

20221106073947.png

Nude_Mod.zip

Edited by Falling TS
12 hours ago, jmedia7 said:

Can you explain the install process. I've never been able to get modelmod to work 

First, you need to go into the game and turn on the DX9 render.

Next, copy the 64-bit d3d9.dll file that the modelmod documentation says into the bin64 directory of the game.

Next, open Gw2-64.exe. If you are a wegame or steam user, you may need to inject d3d9.dll into Gw2-64.exe using registry injection.

Finally, enter the game, in the character selection interface, press ctrl + f3, press several times, see the green selection interface appears in the game, it represents success.

It's easy to search for registry injection DLLS. Recommend you a dll view tool ProcessExplorer. It can see which DLLS have been loaded by the exe process and is used to ensure that d3d9.dll is successfully loaded into the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, Falling TS said:

Do you want to get rid of your clothes.

Essentially I just want to make some minor edits of existing outfits to show a bit of nudity. Though for some reason, every texture I extract seems to have it's normals flipped, whether I tick the option in ModelMod or not.

For this screenshot I took the body mesh from the Sunspear outfit since it doesn't have any gaps in the breasts, etc. I then applied it to the Savage Scale set, which I 'trimmed' in blender.